K2 Bike K2 Attack 2.0 Full Suspension Bike

K2 Bike K2 Attack 2.0 Full Suspension Bike

To refrain entering nirvana and provide enlightenment to others is the practice of a bodhisttva. To relieve you of monetary concerns is the practice of an Attack 2.0. It's a full suspension bike that doesn't compromise performance for price. A blissful riding machine with three and a half inches of travel in the rear and a trail calming RockShox Jett fork up front, this bike will take you to a higher level.

[Mar 03, 2005]
JHS

Strength:

This has been a solid bike, I have ridden it several times a week for the past year. Most riding is off road single track an trails with both muddy sections and rocky technical sections. The bike has not developed a single problem during that time. I bought a second set of wheels and put street tires on them and ride the bike on pavement when the trails are too wet. The bike is a fun bike to ride. The suspension has worked without a problem. The Judy forks are low end but have done an excellent job. In the winter they are a bit stiff because they are grease lubed and the grease gets stiff.

The bike has entry level components, 8 speed Acera shifters, clip type pedals. The acera shifters do not like to shift up while there is any strong pedal pressure. It shifts OK with light pressure on the chain. Down shifting is not a problem. I replaced the standard pedals with clipless SPDs. This was a big improvement over the toe clips that came on the bike. I also changed the WTB seat for a Serfas which is more comfortable and a longer seatpost(350mm).

This is a great bike for the money. The frame is solid and worth investing in upgrades for components as needed.

OVERALL
[Aug 03, 2002]
Max Pray

Strength:

I got this bike on sale for $470! It is the most equipped bike I have seen in my like for the money. The Rock Shox front fork is a very high quality chunk out of the bike, with models alone of almost the same thing selling for $600 each. I am still totally psyched about my bike, I probably rode it 50 miles today.

The chain was too long, so there was some slop problems that caused the chain to jam, but Struvents removed a link for free. The deraileurs aren't adjusted very well from the factory, but close enough to ride confidently, Struvents adjusted them, and are easy to adjust anyways. The spring in the back is a little on the hard side, I'm looking for a softer spring.

AWESOME! I cannot believe that I could afford a bike like this of my own money! I am just 15, mowing lawns for cash, and I want to be a courier as a first job. And I thought I had to spend $1,500 for a bike like this, but no, there's the Attack 2.0! There is almost nothing bad about it at all, everything is perfect! Rock Shox front fork, strong brakes, high-grip tires, great Shimano shifting equipment, full suspension, looks great, lightweight, inexpensive, adjustable, even pedal straps... what more could be asked for? This thing is for the hardcore bike smasher that demands the most out of two wheels... who's short on cash. I've jumped it so many times, it lands so nicely.

THE PERFECT BIKE FOR ANYBODY WHO CAN'T SPEND $1,500ish FOR A DIFFERENT BIKE!