K2 Bike 1999 Bike Oz-M Full Suspension Bike

1999 K2 Bike Oz-M, mountain bike, front & rear suspension, Mountain Mix components, Noleen Cross-Link Pro Carbon w/Smart Shock, 3.0" travel fork

Mr.Ed weirdo   Cross Country Rider [Mar 09, 2002]
Strength:

I seem to have a really hard time breaking it

A bit on the weighty side but I guess thats my build.

This bike seems like it will be around for quite a while. My sons will be riding it for years after I cripple myself on it. This baby can take abuse with a smile.
A rear lockout would be a nice touch, but you cant win them all. I just crank that shock down hard and it treats me well. Floats over jumps with ease. I wish I was a stronger rider to really see what it can take, but I know I aint gonna break it!!! Its quiet, smooth, and slick.
This frame will take care of ya right, put good parts on it as not to disgrace it and ride off in to the sunset...yahoo!!
Heres how ya do it....Get this frame, mix well with good parts.....enjoy!!!!!!!!!
Ya gotta ride it to know where I be comin from...
Bottom line....This frame is the Cats Ass!!!

Similar Products Used: First dual squishy. Otherwise pre-genesis fisher hardtail, Cannondale hardtail, G.T. hardtail, Specialized hardtail
Tryad Vador   Weekend Warrior [Jan 08, 2002]
Strength:

great looks, durability,smooth ride

I am a 260lb rider and this bike and the components I use have lasted 3 years without any problems,( I plan to switch my rims to the Spinergy xclones soon because my sin rims had finaly fall victem to warpage) I recomend this framset to anyone who is a heavy rider because this frame is bomb proof and I prove it. I have gone down some hefty trails and not one peep out of this thing, I dont plan on buying another bike ever. I already have a rebuild kit for the fork and the rear suspension. If you can find one buy it you wont regret it.

Similar Products Used: trek 9800 oclv
Bill W   Cross Country Rider [Aug 08, 2001]
Strength:

best looking piece of work. it's different, rare, stiff built to last a long, long time

none really

It is my mistress, period! Disc brakes are the cat's meow, too.

Similar Products Used: Pro~Flex 857, Specialized, Trek
Dean Fink   Weekend Warrior [Sep 20, 2000]
Strength:

Sweet looking frame! I assembled the bike so I had a chance to take note of any imperfections there might be. Didnt find any>

Rear suspension made little noise the first time out, nothing major just settling in I guess. No provisions for disk brakes.

I found the frame online for just under 500 dollars and after talking to people and reading various reviews I couldnt pass it up. The rear suspension did make a little noise settling in that made me nervous at first. A bit heavier than I expected but over all I am very pleased with it. I have found it to be an excellent all around bike.

charles c   Cross Country Rider [Dec 27, 2000]
Strength:

indestructable

weight, but the bike i had before was a 23lb barracuda comp

I weigh 205 & 5'8", so bear this in mind, and bought just the frame. FRAME is indestructable, cannot be harmed. When I received it from the shipper & pulled it out of the crate, my first thought was "this thing is made of plastic , I will crush it in 1 day". THIS THING IS STRONG AS FREAKIN STEEL. The complete bike weighs around 26lbs, BUT Iam eyeing the NOLEEN N2 shock , and really want to toss it, BUT IT HAS NOT GIVEN ANY PROBLEMS.The bike will take anything thrown at it, I feel off a cliff and broke my rib cage, but the bike "I SWEAR TO GOD" did not even suffer a scratch LOL. The rear suspension is PLUSH, makeing my XMO feel like a rigid shock, I just wish the front felt like the rear. All in All, A GREAT PRODUCT !!!!!

Maia   Cross Country Rider [Apr 17, 2001]
Strength:

frame rigidity, suspension plushness, overall equilibrium, nimbleness, climbing abillity, down hill abillity.....

uuuuuu, hhmmm, nope.

I had a dream..
A dream where my bike would climb like a goat ,
slalom through roots and rocks like a cat ,
descend faster then my shadow,
fly over jumps effortlessly ,
change direction like a shark,
carve corners like a lioness,
and do all this swiftly and silently like a ghost...
my dream is real, the OZm is mine.

Similar Products Used: Marin Pine Mountain, Pro-Flex 955
Johny D.   Weekend Warrior [Apr 12, 2001]
Strength:

Good rear suspension, simple design to maintain. I've had two of the k2 5000 series frame and somehow this frame has a better feel to it. It feels more responsive to input, yet a smoother ride, the thermoplastic material is great.

weight, but it's still lighter than the evo frames.

A great riding frame, the best of any proflex or K2 I've had. This thermoplastic frame just has a better feel to it than the aluminum models. I would just wish it was in the 5 pound range as opposed to 6 pounds. Other than some blown shocks a few years ago very, I've been extremely satisfied with the K2 frames. The design is very simple, easy to maintain, and totally effective. Has anyone had any luck with air shocks on the rear of these things?

Similar Products Used: GT LTS, Specialized FSR, Cannondale SV, Proflex 856, 857, K2 4000/5000, K2 Razorback RS.
Peter G   Weekend Warrior [Jan 05, 2001]
Strength:

Very tough frame, inexpensive *i got it crazy discounted @ ediscountbike.com, frame only for $500*

Noleen backshock is a lil heavy, but no worries, the rest of my components are very light

Very nice frame, very tough although it feels like it's going to snap because it's made of carbon fiber and whenever u drop it, it makes a sound like a hollow plastic bucket :) however great bike w/ my current setup, can't wait for the snow to melt so i can get back out there. i'm looking to replace that noleen but i have to admit it has some nice travel to it, just a lil heavy due to the coil. Have fun, ride hard

Similar Products Used: proflex 5000, gary fisher joshua F3
Mike Billett   Racer [Jan 03, 2001]
Strength:

This bike was a warranty replacement for my broken Pro~Flex 957, I made a $700 cash adjustment to upgrade from a 5000 as I wanted a bike that would last forever... this will hopefully be the last bike I ever need to buy.
I run with Marzocchi Forks and a real mix of top end parts including Formula Disc brakes front and rear. I made my own design of rear disc brake adapter, taken from my original HammerHead design from the Pro~Flex 957.
These are easy to install and can be bought online at

The bike is the best I have ever ridden. Thanks Pro~Flex.

Hard to find...

I think I have said it already, the last bike I ever expect to buy.

I am one happy customer...... Pro~Flex finally got it right with this one.... and then axed the production..

If I had a million bucks, I'd buy a gross and give them to my buddies...

This is the perfect bike for anyone and everyone... beginners and pro's alike.

There is even a mailing list for enthusiasts... the 855heads find them at www.topica.com

Take it easy,

Hammer.

Link: My Web Page

Link: Rapid Downhill Innovations

Similar Products Used: I have had several Full suspension bikes over the years..
JEFF B   Cross Country Rider [Oct 13, 2000]
Strength:

SWEET CF COSMETICS, BULLETPROOF, BALANCED FEEL, EASY MAINT., FINALLY AFFORDABLE, UNIQUE

NONE YET, WEIGHT IF ANY (5" COIL-OVER)

BOUGHT AS A FRAMESET FOR $500 U.S. BUILT IT MYSELF. ALL AROUND SOLID FEELING BIKE. SINGLE TRACK, CROSS COUNTRY, DOWNHILL, EVEN URBAN RIDING - THIS BIKE ROASTS EVERYTHING I CAN THROW AT IT. ANYTHING!! THIS BIKE HAS NO PROBLEMS ON ANY TERRAIN, TAKES A SOLID POUNDING, STILL LOOKS GREAT, WON'T RUST. GET ONE IF YOU WANT A SOLID BIKE FOR ANY PURPOSE THAT WILL LAST A LIFETIME. AND IT'S NICE NOT SEEING EVERYONE AND THEIR GRANDFATHER ON YOUR RIDE. WOULD RECCOMEND VERY HIGHLY.