Ibis 2001 Ripley Full Suspension Bike

• Proprietary CDE shock and Silk Chainstay
  • 5 sizes; 10 new colors

• User Reviews (3)

christoph haar   Weekend Warrior [Mar 20, 2004]
    Strength:

Ibis mystique, unique design, first rate craftsmanship! The great ride and reviews from magazines convinced me to upgrade from a Slingshot, which I have ridden forever. The ease of maintenance was a selling point because I wanted something I could service myself. The guys at Castellano offer helpful support and parts if needed.

Be aware that 3/4" is about all you will get from the rear suspension. Go full if you need it! My Slingshot offers a bit more travel.

Ibis' is no more. Try a Castellano which is the same thing.
    A favorite until I go full suspension...

Similar Products Used: Slingshot
    bud mauger   Cross Country Rider [Sep 21, 2004]
    Strength:

I am an Ibis fanatic, have a Mojo and Szazbo, but my Ripley is my favorite. Ride is quick, solid and comfortable, took me a few rides to get it dialed in but now is about perfect

These are getting harder and harder to find, the Ripley Ti would be my first choice but very expensive. The bike is "not" to be considered a substitute for full suspension. But there is no comparison with a hardtail, the Ripley's ride is smooth and it climbs like a hardtail. Note that the swing arm is flat and flexs perfectly with the soft "booted" suspension, so travel is more than the 3/4" described in another review. You do get a solid 1 and 1/2" that easily takes the sting out. I have no complaints, if you are an older rider like me and looking for a sweet comfortable ride with out all the squishiness of full suspension, you will not be disappointed with the Ripley.

Similar Products Used: Merlin Echo-cannot compare.
    Marcus brady   Cross Country Rider [Jun 26, 2002]
    Strength:

This is a climbing machine. If you enjoy speed, both up and down hill, try this bike!!! It grips the trail tighter than (... keep it PG14) kids on candy.

I have tried other Front and full suspension bikes but this is the most nimble and responsive bike on the trails. The softtail give plenty of comfort in rough single track and most modest boulder drops.

I wish the bike shipped with tires geared for mud; however, the WTB tires it came with were fast and sure on rock. Paint hard to match.

Ride this bike once on your favourite single track and you will never go back to a front suspension again.

Nimble and responsive are the two best words to describe this bike.

Similar Products Used: Kona king kikapu, uhu, specialized stumpjumper, trek (full range), cannondale raven