Ibis 1999 Szazbo Full Suspension Bike

1999 Ibis Szazbo, mountain bike, front & rear suspension, Shimano Deore XT components, Rock Shox Judy XC, 2.75" travel fork

Dan Grzonka   Weekend Warrior [Nov 23, 2010]
Strength:

A distinctive looking bike with a great ride. Ibis produce really nicely finished bikes with reassuring and predictable ride.

Hard to find in the UK

Loved it - one of my favourite bikes with a distinctive ride and interesting looks and style. I would love to buy another one.

Similar Products Used: Santa Cruz heckler superlight.
Will   Cross Country Rider [Mar 08, 2010]
Strength:

Does everything right! Will wheelie over speed bumps like nothing is there. Climbs like a hardtail. Go anywhere and other riders have to check out my ride. Timeless.

I didnt get the Bowtie to match

I couldnt be happier if I were twins! I will never sell this one. If you get a chance to buy one, hang on to it!As for parts, call the boys and girls at Ibis, they will figure it out>>

Similar Products Used: All hardtails
John   Cross Country Rider [Jan 20, 2007]
Strength:

Durability! Dependable do everything bike. Light weight for its time and being full suspension

No longer made.

I have been riding this bike for more than 10 years commuting, downhilling, cross country, everything. Best all around bike ever owned!

Similar Products Used: None
Brandon   Cross Country Rider [Apr 12, 2007]
Strength:

The Bike is solid. The frame design really allows for great cross country riding (with style along the way)

Since I started riding this bike, I forgot what that word means....

This bike is a work of art as well as an engineering marvel. I am about 160 lbs and this bike has held up to every 5' drop and 100 miler I have ever tossed at it. The bike has been EVERYWHERE with me and it has been turning heads because of the unusual frame design. I have not had to do anything with the bushings or deraileur hanger and that is the way it should be. I am going to retire the bike frame this year, but I am going to proudly hang it up in my room. I will build it up some day when I get the money to do so (I am in college). It was a pleasure to have this bike as my first full suspension bike. IBIS is back!!!!

Scott Alguire   Cross Country Rider [Apr 04, 2004]
Strength:

Sweet Spot design is really sweet. Soft ride in the saddle and the bike indestructable.

Yes, Ibis went backrupt but John Castellano still love us and is making the parts.

This is the bike everyone imitated but no one could afford. 10 years after its birth, the frame is still ahead of the rest of the world for simplicity, strength, and comfort. These bikes are a work of art. Watch the classified and garage sales, someone may be selling one because it is not this years cool, new model. I love mine as much now as the day I rode it home.