Haro 2001 Extreme X1 Full Suspension Bike

Leon   Weekend Warrior [Feb 18, 2002]
Strength:

Strong build frame, not too heavy

All the stock componets

Good bike so far. Well worth the money, once you upgrade. But the frame is bomb proof. Good purchase for someone starting to do some extreme riding.

Similar Products Used: Norco,
Joshua O   Cross Country Rider [Oct 23, 2001]
Strength:

Looks great, strong frame, disc brakes, price, reliable, and fast! I ride mine to work every day which is 500 miles away.

Rear shock sucks, throw it away! The stock suspension on this bike rides worse than a $2 HO!

Double Tough. Haro Rocks! You cant beat this bike for the price. I got mine on closeout for $550, but it is well worth retail. Add a new suspension and you have a first class bike. I highly recomend this bike to anyone who wants to get their moneys worth, and for those who dont, they can ride without a seat. This bike gets 5 flamin' bags of dog shiz! Ride On Brothers!!!

Similar Products Used: $2 HO! She gave me a disease that rotted off my legs! She now pedals while I ride on her head!
Chad   Cross Country Rider [Sep 12, 2002]
Strength:

Price, Frame, Performance, Looks, etc. This is a high end bike with a low end front and rear shocks. But they had to keep the price down somehow, but I really perfer it this way so that I can choose what shocks I upgrade to. Other strengths are Disc Brakes, Zac19 Wheels, Koski Countour Seat, Alivio Drive Train (Suprisingly Smooth), Super Tough Looks, all the babes dig Haro's.

Well, There arent really any weakness of this bike, only a couple parts that need to be replaced: Fork, Rear Shock, and maybe the Pedals depending on what type you like.

This is a Best ride you are going to find for $600-900 bux.
With the money you save you can make a few mods and have a great Light Downhill/XC Bike and have a ton o fun, because thats why we all started riding in the first place. Right?
5 Flamin Chili's HARO.

Similar Products Used: Trek, which rides the pine in my garage. (4 sale)
Get a Specialized if you want high price and low low end
parts and a 40lb bike. The ones you see the in the shop are not even close to being the bikes you see the pros ride. Stay away form them.
Joe Mama   Weekend Warrior [Sep 05, 2001]
Strength:

Some of the strengths were that it has cool looks has disk brakes it shifts pretty good and strong frame.

the only weakness i thought was where they put the water bottle, you have to use a short water bottle or your can cut the fender a little, but iam getting a water back pack so it wont matter any ways.

the bottom line is that this bike kicks and for the price I cant think of another bike that can beat it.

Similar Products Used: I compared it to the GT i.D 6.0,a Kona (i dont know what kind)
Ryan Kindervater   Downhiller [May 31, 2001]
Strength:

adjustable manitou fork, back shock. zac19 wheels, disc brakes rock, and the derailers are pretty good too.

grips and toeclips on pedals bite so does the saddle. ut with gloves, and some tools that can be fixed.

This bike is a great buy a bike comparable to this of another brand costs at least $1500.00 the disc brakes rock after about twenty minutes of braking them in. Not that heavy for how durable it is. This bike soaks up some pretty big stuff I have never bottomed out the fork which has up to 110 mm of travel. the fork and rear shock as well as the shifting components were the factors for choosing this over the extreme xo whose fork seems really soft and shifting kinda' stinks. If you are not very heavy or do more cross country than anything then go with the xo. If you do drops above 3 feet then buy the x1 as it has better suspension and much better wheels.

Similar Products Used: Gt idrive 6.0, univega p.o.s., haro x0
dvVIII   Weekend Warrior [Apr 22, 2002]
Strength:

bomb-proof frame, disk brakes, low purchase price

pedals suck, stock seatpost and bars weigh a ton

Best f/s bang for buck out there! I've beat the **** outta mine for the last year and still haven't blown anything out. Because it's sticker price is so low you can upgrade and customize this bad boy and STILL have spent less than what comparable bikes are going for.

Similar Products Used: 2000 Haro Extreme ex1, Gary Fisher Sugar 3
Gerald Hamlett   Weekend Warrior [May 17, 2002]
Strength:

Seemed like a good beginer mountain bike for the money

Wore out the small front sprocket, shifters broke and most recent the frame cracked at the weld where the swing arm pivot is.

We'll see how "Haro" handles the frame cracking. I'm pretty new to MTB. I like the bike up until this point. But if Haro gives me a new frame on the double I really can't say until I see if the new frame can make it. I'm not that of an aggressive rider compared to some I've read in here but then again if you weight 270 lbs you don't have to be. I jump a few logs and a few jumps no more than 2 feet. I was riding on pavement when I noticed the rear end wobbling. I don't know when it actually happened