GT 1999 XCR-3000 Full Suspension Bike

GT 1999 XCR-3000 Full Suspension Bike

1999 GT XCR-3000, mountain bike, front & rear suspension, Mountain Mix components, Rock Shox Judy 100, 4.0" travel fork

[Mar 09, 2009]
treydog90

Strength:

the iDrive. great platform to build an xc or am or even a dh bike.

to put discs on u need to get a disc converter, i chose therapy components' one

this bike is great. throw on clips and you will climb like crazy. you can leave it stock and it rocks. upgrade to all new parts and well it looks and rides like a dream. i will run this bike into the ground, and then ill just buy another frame and swap it all over!

a mongoose blackcomb...but doesnt even compare in the least

[Jul 07, 2008]
EAK213

Strength:

The gusseting and welds are superiorly strong. SoCal old GT style. Slill taking huge jumps at fast on rocky Boulder,CO trails, even through built in the late 90's. Look's very aggressive and is very very aggressive. Climbs flawlessly with that I-Drive assist. Downhills flawlessly. Dual air SID shock is top shelf.

LX drivetrain needed upgraded. Rockshox Judy Race bottoms out when needing high performance. Stock brakes are questionable.

I have an old GT Avalanche hardtail and it may climb a bit better but the XCR 3000 is unbelievable. It may surprise some people. After upgrading parts on this bike, I will take it on any Colorado trail and it ain't messing around. This bike climbs uphill rocky trails with no problem. I have went over the handle bars several times and it even wipes you out well. The frame alone on this bike is worth more than I paid for it. I got hooked up and will roll this bike for years. If I break the frame I will be on Craigslist searching for the same same. I can't rate this bike high enough and recommend it for anyone looking to do agressive riding.

I won't roll anything but old GT's

[Jun 19, 2008]
larocque3600

Strength:

Great durability! Rode to full extent of my capabilities. Purchased in 1999, have been riding it since, still with most original parts. Had to replace chain, and a couple cables, but nothing else. Will continue to ride as long as it is operable.

As time goes by, harder to find gt specific parts for.

Best Bike I have ever owned. Will look for one similar if I ever need to replace it. Or will just keep frame in working condition, and replace parts as need be.

n/a

chris pleass

Strength:

The forks on this bike give a nice smoothe ride and over all the bike is light and a good all rounder i ride everything on this from dh to xc trails to jumps. the frame also looks a little bit like specialized bib hit in my veiw.

the ride is strange on thwe downhill runs i do as you are (or it feels like you are over the front wheel.

i gike it 8/10 good forks ad shock but te ride is strange as soon as you put up the saddle

Garrett

Strength:

I-Drive, smooth suspension, excellent breaks, Rock Shox, loves going down hill I maxxed out at 55 mph

weak stock rims and sprocket, a bit on the heavy side. I've spent almost as much on repairs as I did on the bike

I love this bike, I've put over 10,000 miles on it in the past 8 years of owning it. I've done all types of riding from pavement to places where bikes just weren't meant to be and it's never left me stranded. I've used and abused this bike and it just keeps on chugging along. excellent jumper, just have to know your limits and know what you're doing.I-Drive system is amazing it makes for a much smoother ride worth its weight in gold. overall great bike for the price, recommend it to anyone

Trek 6000 Trek 7500

Garrett

Trek 6000 Trek 7500

[Oct 10, 2002]
Frank Cruz

Strength:

Solid built bike, I've got the Cali model. it's never let me down.

none so far

I dig my bike. glad to see GT is still alive and well.
see ya on the trails. I'm the slow guy

Buy a new GT you won't be sorry

PEASE

Giant rainer hard tail

[Feb 11, 2002]
Steve

Strength:

This bike is great for the long haul where the pedaling doesn't stop. The I-drive helps keep cadence regardless of the terrain. High center of gravity allows ease in clearing tall obstacles.

Every component broke including the crank. Even the frame snapped on me at the base of the down tube.

This bike is great for CC and definitely not for freeride. If you have any inclination to drop off anything in the future buy a different bike. It was an excellent bike for two years and I put it through hell. The frame breaking was not a pretty sight though.

VXR

[Sep 10, 2001]
Leo Olivera

Strength:

Smooth ride, inexpensive price for full supension set up

the weight, rear drop out (on my third one), components

I am not a hardcore DH rider or do insane things on this bikes. Just like to give the equipment a rough ride. I have had to replace almost everything on this bike, the only thing original is the frame, seat post,handle bars and stem. It's not the bike shops fault. All components have failed and broke. Not made for free riding, it will last for a while but don't expect more than a summer. Bit of a pig on the hills, but it does give you a good ride and control on the downhill. The I Drive needs loads of TLC, grease disappears quick, keep that thing greased. I've had to take it apart and rebuild it with better lube. Rear shock has just torn apart, also sheared bolt off holding rear shock to frame. It was good to me but time for a change (an upgrade). It's a good bike for the price, but not if your hard on equipment and don't expect to spend money replacing parts.

Rocky Mountain Spice/Element, Gary Fisher JoshuaF4, Trek, several others

[Oct 08, 2002]
Preston
Downhiller

Strength:

The bike is pretty smooth going down.(After you replace the fork and shock)

This bike is very heavy, It is no fun to have to ride it up a hill. It is fairly cheaply made, Thin metal at the important spots. The components on this bike are crap. The XT rear hub has got to be the most backward designed hub in the history of mountain biking. I have bent both rims to the point of replacement. The deore shifters have fallen apart. I have broken teeth off of the LX crankset. The LX rear derailer broke after five rides. I bent the syncros handlebar after a year. About the only thing that I haven't had to replace is the rear cassette.

After I put the fox vanilla RC on it became a new bike. It climbed better. It decended much better, but I still would not recommend An I-drive frame to anyone. These frames are so heavy you couldn't believe it. I broke my first frame after about a year. It broke at the upper shock mount. I am not that big of a person 6'4" 190lbs. I ride hard, but it is not like I was hucking it off of eight foot drops or anything like that. GT took so long to do anthing about the warrenty that I just went out and replaced it with a Santa Cruz Bullit. The Bullit frame weighs as much or even a little less than the GT frame. On top of that the Bullit even climbs better. GT just a few weeks ago replaced my broken frame with a 2001 I-drive 1.0. It looks to be much stronger than my old frame, but I need new upper shock bushing for either of my shocks to fit it and I have no idea where I am going to find those at. The bottom line about this whole story is stay the hell away from GT. The I-Drive was a good idea in theory, but does not help at all, it just adds weight. Save your money and buy a little better frame from a more reliable company. All I have had with this frame is problems and trouble. Screw GT!!!

Shwinn four banger, GT LTS, some K2 frame