Gary Fisher 1999 Joshua XO Full Suspension Bike

Mark   [Aug 26, 2012]
Strength:

well it's been thru hell and back with no problems! solid old mare !!!!!
have a much more expensive MTB and this old bike still draws me back.....will never sell this Joshua.

other than riding up sharp inclines where the rear shock gobbles up some of your cranking power none really....in florida with flat terrain it's not a issue.

I've ridden her now for 12 years... she is my primary beach cruiser only now and still ticking! do rinse her off very well and spray a solution of 50% PB blaster and 50% WD40 after each ride in salt water.
here she is in action recently ;)...:

Meidy   Cross Country Rider [Jul 13, 2010]
Strength:

Good Frame, light enough compare with newer model of other brand. The large frame look very strong and tall when you maxed up with 7,5" rear shock, and 120mm travel fork shock. It rides so stable.

The color is too contrast for big frame like this. People really can tell this is an older model bike. The bushing for rear shock is hard to find these days. I bought Fox air suspension DHX 5.0 7.5" eye to eye with the dump on the side and it's really hard to mount it on the bike. Cost me time n more money to do that. The Original front shock is to short,n make the frame looks weaker before I replace it. No Disc brake.

I really like the way it looks now after replacing with longer shock-front n rear. I keep staring at it when it park. I love n enjoy riding it. My brother that has nice specialized keep wanting to have one that build up like this.

Similar Products Used: Specialized, Giant, Trek
Tyler Schott   Cross Country Rider [Mar 15, 2006]
Strength:

This bikes' frame rocks, it takes whatever you throw at it. I really like the frame design, it hasn't failed me yet. Plus I got it at a great deal

The componets on the bike don't even match with the quality of the frame. I think it needs disc brakes, longer rear travel, high end componets, and a fox fork

This bike rocks, with some componet upgrades this bike is easily a $3000 bike that performs outstandingly. I agree it is a bit heavy however the extra workout is worth it for the downhill. I would reccomend this bike for sure, but a few componet upgrades would give it some rad kung fu

Similar Products Used: Gary Fisher Tassajara, looking to find another full suspension bike
DEE T   Cross Country Rider [May 28, 2007]
Strength:

Daily rider,to & from work,slam the trails usually on the weekends!

None!

Had this bike for eight years,put lots of miles on it not one thing has ever broke on it!It has been ridden on & in streets,trails,hills,rain.I do not want another bike EVER~I had lots of other ones come & go,but this one last a trip to the store everyday or a trip to the mountains each month!! Best bike i owned hands down.

Similar Products Used: Pro flex,Mountain cycle,Nishiki
Steve Stafford   Cross Country Rider [Sep 25, 2001]
Strength:

Comfortable ride, rear shock lockout helps with climbs

Dated product at this time. Hard to justify upgrade v.s. new bike

This was a great bike and still is. I have had little to no maintenance problems. The Bikes paint job still looks brand new except where the lockout cable has rubbed against the frame. The bike is great on the downhills but good tires are a must. The Frame has no cracks or stress marks. Great bike to start in the Full suspension field.

Similar Products Used: Trek, GT, Marin
Matt   [Oct 09, 2001]
Strength:

Value, Looks, compatability

Cheap components

The components on this bike are not ready to take the abuse of heavy trail riding, or downhill. If you plan on heavy trail riding, buy a stronger bike becuase the cost in upgrading the components is way too expensive. Great beginner bike but real heavy for xc riding. A fun bike to play around with.

Similar Products Used: other bikes
amin   [Oct 07, 2001]
Strength:

strong frame, easy to tune, looks cool, keeps going.

no disc brake mounts

This is my first full suspension bike, I think its great. I ride everyday to work and school. work 28 miles and school 8 miles. I ride everywhere. I rode this bike to San fransico in 4 days. The paint is good just some basic chips, but for the money its great. good climber, fast down hill quick on turns. I put some slicks on it and it jams. now I have a fat raptor tire in rear and a michiline wild city gripper in front and it still jams. thats for the rain season. I have put several thousand miles on it and hoping to put many more. The next thing I would like to install is a fat fork with you know about 8 inch of travel and somehow get some dics brakes on this baby. I have a car but I perfer to ride my bike, any one who wants to buy one, do it!
some say its a bit heavy, nah just makes you stronger. great bike.

Mike Myers   Downhiller [Sep 15, 2000]
Strength:

Great Bike, Geomatry, style, paint job, Strenth, water bottle holders.

Components-for the dollar.

I loved the bike the look and the feel. I am 17 and work at a bike shop in Colorado. This bike is the best full suspension bike I have ever ridden. The Bike was fun any time anywhere. The bike would take a beating and keep and ticking. Until The frame cracked at the headset weld.(1 year later) I put this bike through hell and a half, I was hit by a car and the only thing that happend was a bent rim and a bent head set. The thing that surprisced me was the Rock Shox were fine. The bike Not a scratch.
I think that Gary Fisher could have put better set-up on the bike like deraulars and brakes, on the for the price.
If I were to buy another full suspension for a low price I would defentily go with a K2 Attack or even another Fisher. If you are looking for a great full suspension bike for $2,000 plus go with a Schwinn 4 banger ar a Rocky Mountian Spice. After riding this bike I learned a lot about Gary Fisher, A great company and great cutomer sevice. For long Term use I would have to say the bike did above and beyond my exspectations, What really surprised me was the paint job, After waht I did to this bike when I was done ther was barley any scratches at all on the bike. I loved it and would take another in a heart beat. Thank you.

Similar Products Used: Rocky Mountian Spice, K2 Attack.
Brian Folsom   Cross Country Rider [May 29, 2001]
Strength:

light weight, climbs like a mountain goat, comfortable, fast and responsive!

lx front derayler- I don't like it.
stock tires only good on hardpack singletrack and slickrock.

The bike kicks ass! It's faster than anything I've tried. It's comfortable fast and feels safe. It not only climbs great but also desends like no other. The sid and cane creek work very well together. I've found myself riding much more on my sugar than on my past bike. ( GT ZASCAR)
The sugar 2 has made me into a much better rider. I find myself much faster and confident on this bike. I also have noticed a considerable amount of fewer crashes. I'm better, faster, and I visit the ER less on my sugar.