Foes 1999 dhs Full Suspension Bike

Foes dhs

Racer X   Downhiller [Nov 20, 2000]
Strength:

Looks, simplicity, maintenence, strength, handling, everything on the whole bike, seriously. 12mm axle, 8" brake, 8" travel (2000 version) Oh, and F1 fork is the best fork made

pedaling, no floating disc. It is the worse pedaling DH bike I have ridden, but seriously, they didn't make this frame for going up hills. Sprints rather nicely. As for the disc, so far I haven't noticed hardly any difference, but I did like the freefloater oh so much.

Bottom Line, best DH bike made, especially for the money. I said that same thing for my previous bike, but after I blew 3 shocks and bent and twisted the rear linkage, im out. This frame is sooo stiff, so sturdy, it just rocks. I hear of people still runnning they same bike 5 years later, after racing 5 seasons of DH on it. Hell Yeah! $700 less the an intense. Whats an intense got that the DHS doesn't? The pricetag and the logo

Similar Products Used: Lots, Chumba, Santa Cruz
steve   Racer [Jun 30, 2000]
Strength:

crazy stiff rear-end, super plush, 8" travel!, nice cornering, nice long wheel-base, nice scissor link

product weaknesses?? Foes DHS.... those words dont got together

damn stiff rear-end, if you got that extra cash for the optional 12mm axle get it!...the bike is fast and furious....throw anything you want at it and itll take it....ive been free-riding this bike mostly now and those 10' ledges and bleechers feel like pebbles under you wheels....the wheel base is just right, it handles great at high speeds, and doesnt flinch when having to be thrown around a hairpin turn....
if you have any problems w/ the bike, which i doubt you will, call Curtis and he'll help you out w/ anything, he knows the buisness and knows his products like nobody's buisness....i had problems w/ getting the brakes i wanted and he sent me the right adapters right away no questions asked...he himself rides a slammer so he knows how it works
i cant wait to race this bad boy and see what i can do on it....

Similar Products Used: tomac 204, aeon joker, super 8, intense m1
Fast Eddie   Downhiller [Apr 27, 2000]
Strength:

Damn thing rules. Super Stiff! 2000 Model now has 8". Did I say Super Stiff! The faster you go the better the bike works. Low center of gravity for better cornering.

NONE... other than the chinsy AC chainguide that sucks! Get an MRP!

This is the best dh bike made. PERIOD. The M1 feels like a wet noodle compared to the Foes. Not only that but I like having a zero maitenence bike. I've had it for two years.. ridden just about daily and have never had to overhaul the suspension.. just wipe it off and ride.. still feels like butter. The F1 wet one rules too... could use more travel..

Similar Products Used: Intense M1, Rotec, GT Lobo
James   Downhiller [Apr 03, 2000]
Strength:

Stiff frame, super smooth chain guide, performance

No adjustability, limited chain guide selection

The bike is awesome. I bought mine in June of 1998. While training at the Mt. Snow National DH course this passed August, I ripped the bottom bracket out of the frame. I was pissed. I was using language that Larry Flint would have been offended by. There is a picture of the section of course I did it on in Mountain Bike Mag. I think the picture shows a guy on a Yeti. Anyway, after I got to the bottom of the course, I went to talk to Foes. (A WORD OF ADVICE: For anyone out there trying to waranty a part or get something for free BE NICE!!!) The mechanic I talked to tried to get me a team members back up bike for me to borrow, but none were available. They said that since they were so far from California, the only brought a few bach ups, and those that they did bring were of the factory one-off variety. I ended up racing on a borrowed Intense.
After coming home and stripping the frame down, I called Foes. Even though the bike had been raced hard for two full seasons, they waranteed it. It took about 6 weeks to get it back though because it was their off season. I could have got it back sooner, but had to wait because of my color choice. Besides, it was the fall and I wouldn't be riding much anuway. I called Foed several times to check on my bike, and they always knew exactly where it was. One night I even came home to find a voice mail from Brent Foes giving me an update.
THE BOTTOM LINE: This is a great bike from a great company that stands behind its product 100%

Similar Products Used: Intense M1 SL, Trek Pro Issue DH, S-Works DH (What I own now), C-Dale, Santa Cruz....Basicaly any bike you can think of
Jaysin   Downhiller [Mar 07, 2000]
Strength:

It is a very strong frame that ride so nice. Its an easy bike to toss around corners as well. Over all it is the best bike i have ridden beside a Tomac.

The price, not that it isn't worth it but they are quite exspencive.

This bike is well worth the money and they turn heads when they fly by...

Similar Products Used: Intence M1
Dale Gowling   Downhiller [Dec 22, 1999]
Strength:

Nothing, weak frame. It's not strong in anyway at all.

Frame folds too easily, pivots become loose every other hour. I can't understand why the hell Missy Giove could want to race on one of these bikes - I wouldn't f@#king touch them.

i wouldn't buy one at all, foes warranty system is crap - if anything goes wrong they won't replace it they will get you to pay fullwhack for anything doen to the frame in view of replacement. They are a very ignorant company - AVOID.

Similar Products Used: Intense M1, Karpiel Disco, Spooky Project X, World Force VR1, Orange Patriot, GT Lobo etc.
Dont Touch My Liquor Queer   Downhiller [Oct 30, 1999]
Strength:

It's beefy!!

It's Sweet!!!