Exotec 1999 fsx-3 Full Suspension Bike

exotec fsx-3

Justin Seagrove   Weekend Warrior [Jan 19, 2002]
Strength:

Very strong bike. Light for a full suspinshion bike. Handles great. Realy good bike on jumps and ruff trails. Handle bar grips are the best Ive ever felt.

My front fork was a insync fork and it did not have much travel to it, I upgraded to a Judy XC.

Bike is good for the price. You will not find a full suspinshion bike that good for any cheaper. I have up graded alot of things on the bike and have made it alot lighter. I have hade 2 realy bad wreakes on the bike and only bent the rim, bent the rear derailer and twisted the chain.

Shawn LeMaitre   Weekend Warrior [Mar 18, 2000]
Strength:

Price is a real strength. Overall design and components are ok. STX-RC rapid fire shifters are nice. STX-RC brakes front and back are good. STX-RC front derailer is good.

Front suntour shock sucks...I hate it. The bike is a bit heavy but alot of that comes from the front shock. They used all STX-RC components except for the LX rear derailer??? Whats up with that???

Overall for the price I like the bike. A better front shock would have been nice. If I had it to do again I would buy another...

Similar Products Used: Cannondale super V 700
Wheeler H/T Decked out.
Paul   Weekend Warrior [Aug 05, 2003]
Strength:

For the money you can't beat it. Light wieght storng bike.
Takes hard down hill spills well. Just ask that tree in the German country side.

Front fork doesn't have alot of travel, can be upgraded.
Had to replace rims due to hard trails.

Would tell anyone out there to buy this bike. If you are into riding but not spending alot BUY THIS BIKE!!!
Good all round bike for the money.

Similar Products Used: Only other bike I've ownd is the Trek. The front suspension on it was better and it was lighter. Cost twice as much!!!!