Diamondback 2001 XR-4 Full Suspension Bike

Rob   Weekend Warrior [Nov 18, 2001]
Strength:

I have the 2000 year model and this bike was built to kick ass. Never mind the price, just look at the geo. . Beleive me there's alot of bikes out there similar to this set up and I'm sure there nice rigs, but the price you can't touch!

What's weak to some is a strength others

BUY IT !!!
Please Diamondback don't sell out to the big chains . Keep focused on the product. We will pay for the tech.

Similar Products Used: Santa cruz heckler(sweet). trek, giant, specialized.
OVERALL
Jim Lathom   [Aug 20, 2002]
Strength:

Stiffness, durability, looks, price

Weight, SID shock

I actually have an XR-5 frame that I bought slightly used on Ebay. I then built it up. I have been mostly disappointed w/ the frame. I am not sure what it is designed for. It's heavy and overbuilt like a DH/freeride frame, but rides like a cross-country bike. I have tryed all diiferent setting on the SID dual air, but have never gotten it to ride nearly as smooth as my old ProFlex w/ a Noleen rear shock. If this what all air shock FS bikes ride like, I'm going back to coil-overs!! For the price, I suppose I can't complain. I think most of the problem is the RS SID shock. A Fox RL would probably help alot.