Brodie 2000 Thumper Full Suspension Bike

Brodie 2000 Thumper Full Suspension Bike

Rock Shox JUDY XC 100mm fork, Rock Shox Deluxe-R rear shock, shimano components, XT disc brakes

[Dec 18, 2001]
Brian

Strength:

Super beefy, ummm the frame is great but i love all the parts i got more. oh yeah single pivot and smooth travel

to short of a top tube and mainframe height. i bought a 19 which is the biggest frame. i am 6'6" not a good idea but i still love it.

ok here is the skinny. eliminating the fact that i am too big for the frame (something that is all to common for me). i really dig the frame. i had a few issues though. i had to grind down my blackspire to make it work. not a big deal just kind of sucks. all the cable routing is good until you get to the interupted seat post. they leave everything hanging and it is set to close to the seat setup so it can and will rub your legs. but besides that i dig the bike over all. i have done a few drops nothing major a few 3-6 drops and i dig the way it feels. i am going to get an avalanche rear shock for it and a monster t so i can bulk shings up and make a sweet hucking bike. that is what is, a hucking bike. not a freeride/xc bike not a dh bike, it is a drop/huck bike that is it. ok thank you and goodnight.

diamondback x-10lt, rm reaper, lts, etc....

[Aug 03, 2000]
Len Trapler

Strength:

Appears very well built, suspension is really plush, XT discs are awesome, bike looks great and gets lots of looks

Pivot came loose immediately, although I suspect it was just badly assembled from factory, re-tightened with fresh loc-tite and so far so good. Not a great finish, I assume it's a "wet" paint and not powder coated as it's easy to scratch. No useable bottle mounts, have to use a camel-bak.

As it's my first dually, I can't compare it to others but it's sure a lot more fun on the rough and hairy descents than my hardtail. The ride is very plush and soaks up everything nicely. You have to pedal smoothly to keep the bobbing to a minimum but I guess it's just a function of the single pivot design and coil-over shock, and you get used to the pedal-induced bob pretty quickly. Overall It's a blast to ride and I'm doing rough descents and drops that I'd never consider on my hardtail, although on the long climbs I'd rather be back on my hardtail. I think it's a good choice for a "do it all dually" as it's a good balance between an XC specific vs. a downhill oriented design and the weight is reasonable.

First dually owned after 14 years riding and racing various hardtails.

[Jul 31, 2000]
Darryl Wong

Strength:

Strong, Beefy 7000 series Airfoil Alum Frame construction. Simple single pivot suspension. Decent components for the beginner rider. Overall, great design.

None period! Well maybe the RockShox Deluxe rear shock after hearing what others said about it at MTBR... So I switched it to a Fox RC rather than taking a chance... More money but I can control the preload, rebound and ride stiffness. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeetttt!!!!

Great bike for the money I spent! This is my first FS bike and I have been very pleased with what it can do on the Shore trails and through the Urban stuff. It will take drops and keep on goin'. Kudos to Brodie on making such a sweet ride!

Brodie Devo, Norco VPS-2, RM Pipeline, RM6

[May 29, 2002]
Ron

Strength:

great fun to ride hard, have'nt managed to wreck it yet in fact have broke nothing but spokes

did I mention the broken spokes?

The bike rocks, for the money it is definatly the best value I have seen every thing works and works well if there is a downside it creaks and groans every once in a while but then so do I. If you are a xc rider who does'nt mind a little weight or a freerider who sticks to small hucks five feet or less then this bike is for you.