Balfa 1999 Nouveau Riche Full Suspension Bike

1999 Nouveau Riche

BALFA Nouveau Riche

Dominick Menard   Racer [Dec 10, 2000]
Strength:

8 inches of progressive travel
Very smooth
One of the few DH bike to be in cromoly
Adjustable from 5 to 8 inches
Head tube and bike's length are also adjustable

A little bit heavy
Regular maintenance is required

When I first saw this bike in 1997, I was really amazed by his 2 chains... a bike with 2 chains ??? Why ?!? To be honest, I was not connvinced... until I had the chance to try it...

God, it was great !!! I will always remember this feeling. At this time, it was still a prototype but we knew all the potential this bike had.

Finally during the 1998 summer, the bike was officially release and ready to rock ! I got mine in 1999. The only thing I was worried about, is the weight. But I soon realized that the bike was only heavy on the weighing machine...

The Balfa uses a special rear suspension system, a system that very few bike use. The parallel rear wheel trajectory with the front one, making the bike very well balanced since both wheels are working together.

I hardly suggest this bike ! It's a beast.

I'am getting the new one for next year, so if you want a Balfa Nouveau Riche with all his parts for 2000 us $ !!! Send me an e-mail at dominick.menard@cgi.ca

OVERALL
Phil   Downhiller [Feb 27, 2000]
Strength:

the 8" of travel
the high pivot point
the swwwwwwwwweeeeeet suspension
the aggressive head tube angle

the weight
the difficult acceleration...but the 2000 model is far better!!!

I tried the 2000 model...go see it on the Balfa's web page