Specialized 2001 Fatboy Vegas TJ BMX Bike

Specialized 2001 Fatboy Vegas TJ BMX Bike

[Jan 29, 2002]
Josh DeWeese

Strength:

THIS IS ON THE VEGAS TRX 2001!!! Strong frame, hubs, rims, forks, tires, brakes, seat, and crank!!!! The cost also is way kick ass!!!

The handle bars because they bend to crap without wrecking and the rear sprocket. The rear sprocket bearings are not that good and the chain falls off only when you pedal hard so it hurts so bad when it happens. One time I was going up a hill on a road and I was pedaling so hard that when the chain fell off I hit the handle bars and the rear tire lifted off the ground; my front tire was at 40 psi I and it gave me a pinch flat!!!! It is also heavy but I can go bigger than all my friends with a luminum bikes. I have tried tightening the chain & loosening it, I even took it in but is still does it.

If you want a bulletproof bike for a good price and strong components get this bike but at least get knee and shin guards to protect your legs when the chain comes off.

First BMX bike

[Jan 04, 2002]
christopher

Strength:

this is for the specialized vegas trx(01) great jumping bike
3 piece s all chromoly steel frame 14 mm axles

stem and seat wont stay tight very heavy

good jumping bike i take it off 4ft jumps with no landing ramps with no problem
great bike if u dont mind constantly retightening stem and seat
great bike for the money go buy one

s&m trails (great bike)

[Jun 29, 2001]
the sQuirel

Strength:

SEALED AND OVERSIZED EVERYSTHING!!!!!!!! 3-PEICE, HUGE AXLE, FAT HUBS, TRIPLE WALLS, 990, BARS ARE DECEENT, FRAME IS GOOD, HEADSET, price!!!! ALSO SHWIN'S WARANTY!!!

TIRES!!! WE TRIED FOR 30 MIN. TRYING TO REPLACEING A FLAT, THESE TIRES FIT SO TIGHT!!!! DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND BURN THESE TIRES WITH GASOLINE!!! I RIPPED THE WIRE OUT OF THE TIRE TRYING TO REPLACE A FLAT!! THESE ARE STUPID TIGHT FITTING!!! Grips ALSO, they are bad!! A CHAIN TENSIONER ON BOTH SIDES IS ALSO UNECESSARY, TAKE THE LEFT ONE OFF!!! also T.J. Lavin is a dork, he doesnt party, his video parts suck, and specialized made in Taiwan stickers, and schwin freewheel sticker.... retarded....

This is a great bike, and for the price it is a steal. If you dont mind riding an MTB company's products, then this bike is for you. It is just small things that is wrong, and that is all easily replaceable for under $40.

I actually give this a 4.5 rating just because of some of the smaller stuff being crappy.

Any questions, email me, I'd be happy to answer!!!

We The People KH-01
backtrail x-3 (the good one)

[May 31, 2001]
EZWeave

Strength:

NOTE: THIS REVIEW IS FOR THE FATBOY VEGAS TRX (01) NOT THE TJ...

Frame, product spec at this price.

Brakes are a little tricky to set up, but is a BMX bike, so that's normal. It is heavy, but that is good!

The best dirt jump bike for the price. It is very strong and a sweet deal, my friends are all jealous...

Easy to manual and jump too! I was very impressed it is worth the wait (it is hard to get).

Hoffman Dirt Agent, DK 8-Pack, Haro Backtrail X3, Diamondback Mr Lucky, Trek TR 30...

[Jun 16, 2001]
Mitch

Strength:

quiet(can't hear anything)
jumps really nice

eee

This bike Rocks

[Apr 08, 2005]
Me

Strength:

STRONG, NO BREAKAGE

If anybody wants to buy this bike for cheap, 190-200$ go to www.pinkbike.com and search specialized vegas under classifieds/buy-sell.
I am selling it even though it is the best BMX ever, it's just because i'm saving for a mountain bike.

[Nov 03, 2006]
James Anderson

Strength:

Strong frame, good handlebars, okay pedals

Grips don't last that long and brakes wear out fast, seat post bolts strip very easily

Overall good bike. Exelent for freestyle and dirt tracks not good for begginers, too heavy for them.

Redline Pro

[Apr 06, 2002]
Hitman

Strength:

Not to heavy, strong frame, fork, axles, and rimset. Doesn't get to tweaked after constant sloppy landdings or the occasional digger. I ride mainly street(at the time is seemed to have the best spec for the money)and after I pound the thing senceless doing 5-7 footers to flat the rear rim is still in practicly perfect condition,and the frame has no craks or bends. These tires are really good on pinch flats, I case often when I give my pathetic attemtps to ride freestyle and I have had only on flat.5mm Thich tubes might be the secret.

Sertain parts are canstantly damged, Cranks begain creeking like crazy after the second street ride. They creek every time I pedal and i've taken them completly appart and put em back and they still creek. Libing doesn't work nor rechecking on a constant basis. O-well I just ride'em until they snap. I devistated two pairs of handlebars until I refined my big hit landings. I would suggest getting some worthy Cro-mo Bars before you get your chest impaled by a broken bar. Maybe its just me but when I land a big drop it almost seems like the bike is just about break; it feels real unstable.

Much better fitted for the birt jumps but with a few medium cost upgrades and you'l have a capable all around ride.

My buds 415

[Mar 28, 2002]
christopher

Strength:

this is a follow up on an earlier review
review is for the specialized vegas trx

i have bent 2 pairs of specialized handlebars
i only do 3-4 ft jumps and drops

its a good bike for the money but your going to have to replace the handlebars

specialized customer service isnt great

s&m trails

[Dec 06, 2002]
jono

Strength:

wheel set is good

everything, ive bent the rear end, almost totally demolished the cranks, the original bars bent after a week or 2, the origional axles werent very good ( not full 14mm)

not worth the money