Robinson 1999 SST BMX Bike

1999 Robinson SST, BMX

dave freeman   Racer [Jan 13, 2002]
Strength:

the frame stem and handle bars the brakes and the set up

it needs a 3 peice prefrably the robinson aluminum. or a better one peice with a little stonger pettals and better rims.

i love this bike it is my pride and joy i can fly because it is sooooo light it is made for racing. all my friends cant keep up with me on this bike

Similar Products Used: schwin predator
Ben Buckley   Racer [Nov 08, 2001]
Strength:

definatly weight and speed

frame strength

great racing bikes and great for small to medium jumps. i put 3 piece cranks on because the cranks they come with are preety bad. but other than that a great bike.

raymond pablo   Racer [Jul 26, 2001]
Strength:

light,kinda fast,strong

i think the robinson sst is a asome bike i can get major air off dirt jumps ramps its light

john crumlish   Weekend Warrior [Feb 09, 2000]
Strength:

u.s made cro-mo frame! GT component choices. strength. price. durability. light weight. gt alloy pedals.

lack of a three piece crank (but, seriously, i'd doubt ya'd notice if you was less than 187#). cheng sheng tyres.

it's sweet. it's fast. it's about the cheapest, race ready frame there is. it's a nice fit. brakes work.

Similar Products Used: gt performer. specialized fat boy. gt blaze.
Derick Anderacshonesboly   [Jun 20, 2001]
Strength:

its fast light and fun to jump with. It aint like a tank its fun to ride into town and do as you wish.

A little weak on the pedles and crank. You have to watch out where you purchase it because I bought it in Canada and it did not work well untill the U.S parts were installed. I put dyno stuff on it and it works.

Its a great bike. Fast lite and fun to jump its all around great. Although do not purchase it in canada. there was severe problems with it at first. Since canada doesnt make good bikes it interfeared with the Robinson company which is a good AMERICAN bike. I dont want to diss canadians but stay out of american bikes. I tried to return it but the Canadian dealer told me it was my fault it wasnt working, even tho i just bought it. People who like to waste cash at first should buy it although you mite get lucky and get a good one. Good day.

Similar Products Used: dyno nfx robinson rebel robinson patriot gt bump robinson mx dyno
mike sagan   Downhiller [Aug 25, 2001]
Strength:

the frame is really nice and the brakes are realy good

the rims suck. the first day i had em i broke my back rim and also the crank suxs it was to much

its ok just when u buy it i would recimending to put a new set of rims on the bike
if u like to race i would buy it but then put a knew crank and a new craning on it. like put a 45 tooth cranging (i got it) and the bike flysss. if u like to jump the bike i wouldn't get it cuz tats how i broke the rims on it

Similar Products Used: haro mirra pro
Tim Behrend   Weekend Warrior [Jan 26, 2005]
Strength:

all around awesomeness

n/a

i bought this bike a long time ago and it served me very well. road it every day for just about any purpose. unfortunately it has been misplaced and was wondering if anyone knew where to find another 99 sst.

VictimX   Weekend Warrior [Mar 06, 2008]
Strength:

I bought this bike new back in 2000 to ride to school and back, I had it in the sheid since I started driving and just got it out still a great running bike.

none?

I love this bike and although I'm to big to ride it comfortably I still love the looks and feel of it.