Mosh 2001 Brass 3 Star BMX Bike

2001 Brass 3 Star

Stylume   Racer [Nov 02, 2008]
Strength:

Durable as hell, takes all sorts of beatings. Fast acceleration.

Heavy.

This bike kicks around really well, the wheels are better than most, and the components are great. I would think about switching the frame for something lighter in the future, but could keep almost everything else. But hey I got this bike for the cost of a new chain, and then bought some bars from a friend.

cody timmey   Weekend Warrior [May 24, 2003]
Strength:

gets fast

not very light, pes weigh millions of pounds

i love this bike it makes me cry it is so ferakin good. I love the 3 peice cranke with the street tires . its all good

Similar Products Used: i used the old mosh sqare for about 4 years but i thought it was time to get a new modle
Brendan Douglas   [Sep 17, 2002]
Strength:

Axels,Frame,handelbars,stem the frame is a awsome color

tires,grips thats about it

Sweet bike I like this bike alot. Good strong frame,not to heavy,nice handle bars and axels.

Similar Products Used: brass 2 star
Brendan Douglas   [Sep 17, 2002]
Strength:

Axels,Frame,handelbars,stem SWEET COLOUR

tires,grips thats about it

Similar Products Used: brass 2 star
Jeremy   Weekend Warrior [Oct 30, 2001]
Strength:

frame big axles

1 piece crank, thick grips, wide bars

great bike

Similar Products Used: vegas GT bump
Steve   Weekend Warrior [Nov 11, 2002]
Strength:

First off I got this bike for my birthday two years ago and this bike has never had a problem. Its frame is great and has never had any trouble plus with the smooth paint this bike looks awsome. I love the weels and the tires are great, but you may have to buy new ones after a while and if you do dirt get dirt tires. One thing I think alot of people dont care about is the seat. What I hate is when I see some spoiled brat complaining on their 700$ Dyno that their @ss hurts. I mean come on already but the Mosh 3 stars seat is great I think. Thats about all.

This product with its positivs also has its negatives. First off the brakes suck. If a 300 mile per hour car was coming right at me and I had to use my brakes Id be dead. I think the gyro is whats screwin it up but the gyro is cool so i just left it. The chain guard broke off. You cant get any speed on this bike. Get your hands on a three peice crank because the one piece it comes with wont get you anywhere. Take mosh pegs off. Feel how freekin heavy they are. You dont want those crapbars on your bike. One more slight thing is that the handle bars are a little to long.

This bike is a must have for begginers or vets. I think that mosh deserves some credit. would write more but I have to go. This great bike is a must have!!!!

Similar Products Used: Mosh: 3 Star Bagley
WED21   Racer [Sep 05, 2001]

I did replace the cranks, not because they were bad, I just like 3 piece better. I can see the wheels getting bent if you ride hard without keeping enough air in the tires.

This bike flat out rules!!!! I bang all the rails hard and this thing hasn't give an inch! I've bent the dropouts on just about every bike I've had but this one is hanging tough. Plus the Raw finish just looks awesome.

Similar Products Used: GT Pro-Performer, SE Quadangle, Hoffman Butcher, DK
Nic Jodlowski   Downhiller [Aug 20, 2001]
Strength:

Very strong frame, tires, rims, pedals, headset,

Hangers, chainring, chainguard, gyro slows braking speed,

Great

Similar Products Used: Mosh Brass 2 star
Brian Rowe   [Sep 09, 2004]
Strength:

The stock wheelsets are complete and absolute brick-houses.

First off, the frame is not completely Chromoly. The 3-star is has steel stays. You will understand the downside when lifting it. It is heavy! The brakes will only slow, not stop you (bad geometry?). Chainstays dent easily. Uses an oversized bottom bracket.

I don't really see this as a bike for anyone. A child needing a recreational bike would do better with a trailbike. Any child who is seriously getting into BMX will find this bike too heavy. I am 5'11'', 24 yrs, and decently muscular. This bike was a workout. The only person I would recommend this too, is a late teen who needs an inexpensive bike to try out BMXing. The big advantage is that when upgrading to a new frame, you will have almost all the parts you need. Even though I purchased a new frame, I still ride with the same seat, wheels, pegs, and pedals. I can not express how tough these wheels are!

Similar Products Used: Some old Huffy that was repainted twice by the time I got it.