GT 1999 Show BMX Bike

GT Show

Jamie Hamel-Smith   Downhiller [Aug 19, 2000]
Strength:

Smaller for us Smaller Riders, Excellent Brakes, Rims, and Pegs, Unique Handlebar

Grips, Seatpost, Pedals, Gear Ratio not easy enough

Best Freestyle(flatland) Bike Ever Made

Similar Products Used: DyNO Slammer 97'
Andrea Kakuda   Weekend Warrior [Sep 05, 1999]
Strength:

This bike has a great frame. Flawless welds. sweet geometry. perfect for the small flatlander. A very stable and responsive bike..

This bike is so sweet!. I cant wait to buy one. GT makes one mean-ass aluminum flatlander. My current ride is a Schwinn Hydramatic Comp. Five flaming chiles for the GT Show.

Similar Products Used: Dyno Slammer.
Ty K   Weekend Warrior [Jul 04, 2001]
Strength:

Alum Frame
Show Handle Bars w/ minimal sweep
SHORT very SHORT Top Tube
Light!

Rear Wheel
Hub
Seat

This bike is the bike to have if you want to be a serious flatlander. The GT Show really can't be used for street or dirt. The frame's TT is 18.4, one of the shortest in the market. The wheelbase is tight so spinning tricks feel very fast. Handle bars need to be cut down a bit, their really wide and the rear wheel is laced funny. Its 2x cross on the cog side and radial on the other. It's suppose to save weight, but in my opinon it makes it harder to true the wheel and it loosens up alot. The real hub isn't all that great either. Buyers can use it for a while and they should be fine, but if you want smoother and a more consistient coaster hub, I reccommend you buying a Nankai or Khe hub. The brakes on the bike are very good, and the rims have a excellent chrome finish, but my only gripe is they are heavy. I shouldn't really be complaining about the wait since it is one of the lightest bike in the industry because the frame is constructed of aluminum. The cranks are also 3pc alum and flex a bit. If you don't mind the flex, the cranks are keepers, but you don't like them as much get some Odyssey Black Widow Pro II or Profile 165mm. The levers it comes with are Dia Compe 99. Personally when I built the bike I opted for Odyssey Modulevers for silky smooth breaking feel and durability. The Dia Compes will do fine, but get the Odyssey Modulevers instead, trust me on this one. The seat, well its a seat. The micro adjust post works fine. All and all this is THE flatland bike to get if you really want a flatland specific bike. There are others, but hey I got a cosponsor to get me a good deal on mine so I picked the GT Show out of all the other flatland bikes.

Similar Products Used: Hoffman Ep- Great frame! Check it out too!
Quamen Clad frame- Very good flatland frame also
Eastern Bandit- Very well balanced frame!
Infinty- Great flatland bike