GT 1999 Pro Series BMX Bike

1999 GT Pro Series, BMX

brodie75   Weekend Warrior [Mar 14, 2010]
Strength:

I love that is a light weight bike. Very fast. Smooth looking handle bars. A real nice look. The way a BMX bike should look :)

Not all products are perfect. So i must reply to this one. I am replacing the crankset on it. The driver side crank, pedal stripped out. Not a big deal since it's seen its share of hard work.

I have put about 120.00 in the bike. My bike is a 1999 GT Racing Interceptor. With the help of AL's Bicycle Shop (S OKC)trueing up the rims and helping get the right bearings, it is great. I spent time with my son on it and you know what product you have and it's potential. And all under $250.00. I am very happy. It is 85% original. Not a beginners bike. I reccommend 10 years and older.

Similar Products Used: GT Mach One. Is the only product close to it. That I can think of.
john r   [Jul 19, 2002]
Strength:

nice looking, big, great overall feel

sheap heatset

recommend this bike for anyone who has the chance to buy it.

Similar Products Used: dyno vfr
Rich   Weekend Warrior [Dec 29, 1999]
Strength:

Sealed bearing hubs nice wheel set This is the same wheelset as the Team series bikes. The steel frame is tuff and lighter than some aluminum bikes in the same 300 to 500 dollar price range.

needed 3pc cranks and chain tensioners.
...the 2000 model gave up the top end wheel set and threw in the cranks and tensioners.

If your're going to complain or give props to a bike/product, you should spend more that a few rides around the parking lot with it. My bike rocks! I meet alot of riders who have ridden my bike that say It feels just as good as their $1000.00 bike. The only difference is theirs is lighter.

Similar Products Used: All kinds......I work at a bike shop.
robert   Racer [Jan 15, 2000]
Strength:

if your looking for a dirt/racing bike, look no further, this bike has taken 2 years of dirtjumping, and it hasent flinched!

stock forks, toss those before you hurt yourself. rear wheel, but ive had the front for 2 years now.

nice bike for the money, just give it a FSA pig headset, some new forks, and go nuts at your track!

Similar Products Used: you name it
Mike AKA: "Mad Dog"   Racer [Mar 13, 2000]
Strength:

Cheap Price
Light
GT Parts which don't really need to be upgraded
Wheels rock the house!

Brakes suck crap and need to be replaced
Tires should be replaced with Maxxis or something better

The GT Pro Series represents a good value. I bought a used one which made it an even better deal. The brakes are crappy and I am upgrading to a nicer set of V Brakes soon. In addition, the tires wore out fast and I am about to put some Maxxis Holly Rollers on it because they are new and supposed to last longer than the GT ones. This bike is relatively light for so many 4130 parts and other metal GT goodies. I think the GT one piece cranks are just fine. In fact, I have owned many 3 piece cranks before including Profile and Diamond Back models which cost many times more and don't perform much better than the cheap one piece GT ones. After all my upgrades, I will have less than $200 in this bike which beats buying some of these overpriced department store bikes with two ton parts sprinkled throughout the lineup. I am looking for parts to upgrade on my GT Pro Series and have had considerable problems looking for much better parts that are good quality. I like the GT pro handlebars as I am a tall rider and need the larger size. The seatpost is kind of crappy because it seems to shift out of place to easy. I have had to tighten the bolts beyond belief and there is still some play. (This maybe the only other part that I upgrade in the near future)

Similar Products Used: Diamond Back (turbo hary leary & formula one), GT Mach One, Schwinn Predator, Hutch Pro Racer, GT Pro, Hutch Comp,
Wade   Racer [Sep 05, 1999]

everything

Yeah, I was reading back there on Diamondback Assault and one guy said that Diamondback bikes suck well you know what I've tried this bike and I think this is alot worse than that D-Back and I don't even own a D-Back!!!!!!

Similar Products Used: tried 'em all
robert   Cross-Country Rider [Aug 21, 1999]
Strength:

med stiffness rearend, good chainring, brake lever, arms. fairly strong bars.

weak rims, but i can bend any rim you throw at me. forks will bend (bow out)within a year, HANDGRIPS wear out FAST, they are just too thin!! think about that mr.GT, NEEDS SEALED BEARINGS!!

i own a 98 version, and its the best bmx ive ever ridden. good price for a good bike, you wont break the frame in a month like most al bikes out there. mines white, and it looks awsom. buy the pro series, or power 3.0, the 3.0 has a better frame.

Similar Products Used: sgx, fatboy(tank!), and various others...
Jody Smith   racer [Jan 07, 1999]

The `99 Pro Series is a great bike. It is a strong bike for racing but also it`s o.k. for jumping. It`s a good bike to start out on for a reasonable price. I would definately recommend this bike to anyone who is into BMX or racing.
Jody Smith

jay   Racer [Jun 21, 2001]
Strength:

allaround awesome needs good bars

bars and wheels