DK 2001 6-Pack BMX Bike

Ryno   Weekend Warrior [Aug 03, 2010]
Strength:

tough as hell (rode for more than 9 years!)

wheels, cranks, stem

My mom bought me this bike when I was 15(in 2001) and it still rides. the only thing I dont like is the overall weight at 33 lbs its almost 10 lbs heaver than most new bikes these days. plus now all i ride is street and the dirtjumping geometry makes manualing a chore sometimes. i plan on upgrading to a new Verde Cadet or Eon. but im going to strip this frame down and build a shrine for it because it is unreal how much abuse this bike has taken over the years!

Similar Products Used: DK General Lee
Brice   Weekend Warrior [Jul 17, 2003]
Strength:

Everything if you want a complete buy this bike

If you want a bike buy this and and mark why havent i seen you b4 i bought the bike in the same spot as him ride the same trail as him but havent seen him

Similar Products Used: none
Tom Blanshard   Weekend Warrior [Dec 10, 2001]
Strength:

The Frame is beast and can stand anything. One of the best frames i have ever ridden on.

The bike ways alot and that stops you getting proper big air of half pipes and the bars are pretty shed.

The six Pack is beast its a top quality bmx if you are intresed in dirt its a must but when it comes to street its the worst bike you can get. But overall it is a good bmx and its the strongest bike i've ever ridden. The guy who gave it 1 out of 5 doesn't know JAC.

Similar Products Used: DK Ganeral Lee
Wethepeople Thrillseeker
JEDI JIM   Weekend Warrior [Jan 15, 2002]
Strength:

Excellent strength and stability, an able bike for an able rider

none so far

this bike has the throne it is the best bike you can purchase.
This bike has every thing you want gyro, tecktro's
head set Pukka!

as i have said before
an able bike for an able rider

peace be with you
respect FR. Keven

Skipinda the punjabi kangaroo

Similar Products Used: Dyno gloves Red small
Joe Bobberino   Weekend Warrior [Oct 02, 2001]
Strength:

N/A

The Bike

I never liked the bike, even before I rode it, but when I rode it, I realized just how bad this bike is....My friend idolizes it. I dont like the frame...I've heard lots bout this line of bikes...I actually rode one, and I stopped believing all of my sources. I want to end this bicycle brand!

Similar Products Used: Other Better Bikes
William Boberino   Weekend Warrior [Dec 23, 2001]
Strength:

Strong Frame and Fork, nice rims, awesome seat

This bike is sweet and a fairly good buy for the money, its got some great parts on it and will last a long time. Its 1 piece is one of the better ones i've riden in a while. Upgrade the tires and you've got a hell of a bike.

Similar Products Used: DK General Lee
DK Eight Pack
Jen   [Sep 05, 2006]
Strength:

When the bike come stock, it's a great way to begin and upgrade later. When I first got into BMX, I wanted a lighter bike that I could use on street and dirt. The frame is tough and will hold up to a lot of abuse.

Like I said, I got this bike a while ago and since then BMX technology has gotten much better. The first thing that I replaced on my bike was the handle bars. If you're still riding with stock handle bars then I suggest you get something much smaller. Also the axel size was short, so adding pegs might be hard. The '01 Six Pack came with one piece cranks which I switched out for three piece ones. Also, once you get more comfortable with dirt jumping and getting some air, you'll start to notice the small rake angel of the bike. And since the bike frame is so light, you'll find yourself drifting.

When it all comes down to it, it's a great bike to begin with. You'll have to upgrade parts, but isn't that with every bike? By now, I'm sure the new 2006 DK Six Packs are better. They're coming with 3 piece cranks, pegs, and probably better handle bars not to mention small chain wheels. However, if you're looking for a light frame to throw around whether it be on dirt or street, the Six Pack will do the job in both areas.

Brett Oakey   Weekend Warrior [Oct 04, 2001]
Strength:

The frame is one of the strongest I've ridden, and it has a good apperance.

The bike weighs way too much, witch makes it almost impossible to get big air.

Good for all riders. Best for expierenced riders because of the weight, but you shoulden't buy it if your looking for a bike that you can race on.

Similar Products Used: Haro TR 2.2
Diamond Back Joker
Josh   Weekend Warrior [May 28, 2001]
Strength:

The Six Pack is smooth and steady ride. At skateparks and on the streets, landings always feel perfect. The Six Pack also looks pretty sick.

There isn't much weaknesses, besides that if you get the bike with no modifications the handlebars are to long, making it to where when you try to barspin the bars get stuck by hitting your body. However, this little problem can be fixed by cutting your handlebars.

This bike is great for almost anything. It is one of the most dependable bikes ever on the market.Once you have the DK Six Pack, you will never need another bike.