VooDoo Zobop All Mountain Full Suspension

• 5.5" travel suspension
  • Low bottom bracket height improves descending stability
  • 7005 butted aluminum tubing with a stiff unified rear triangle
  • Monarch air/oil rear shock
  • 140-150mm fork recommended

lew242   [Nov 12, 2014]
Strength:

Cartridge bearings, normal BB, tapered HT, reliable proven design, reasonable price, stiff, nice welds

Ugly paint and graphics, unaggressive rounded tubes, no 142x12 thru axle, no dropper post routing, fairly steep for a 5.5-6 inch travel bike 68 degee head angle, 66-67 would be better.

I've owned this frame for nearly two years, and it has been a reliable workhorse over that time, no issues with bearings or creaks and I've been able to build it up very light yet rugged with SLX and a 150mm Pike. It's so good at what it does I'm going to keep it as a 2nd bike when I get a new machine in a year or two.

In short an unfashionable, ugly and slightly behind the times in technology FS frame that doesn't miss a beat.

OVERALL
VoodooMan   All Mountain Rider [Sep 06, 2013]
Strength:

Cheap
Well Balanced
good pedaling platform
tough

Not the lightest, but not the heaviest
no rear through axle
no routing for dropper post

This is a great bike. I built mine up without any carbon parts and 2009 Crossmax ST wheels. It comes in right at 32lbs. You could easily get this bike in sub 30 territory if you put some money into components, but I tend to be too much of a clyde for carbon bits. I'm 6' 0" tall with a 34in inseam and a large frame fits great. I did have to play around to get the seatpost adjusted correctly. Any sort of offset put me too far back so a straight seatpost is a must.

The bike is tough. I have taken it down some nasty descents and black diamond bike park runs without issue. Granted I'm not flying off 8ft drops with it, but it is a great all mountain bike. The pedaling performance of the link suspension hardly needs any platform valving except on fireroads and pavement. The frame feels fairly compact and nimble without scaring you at speed. I have a 140mm fork which puts the steering on the quicker side, but it feels really balanced.

I bought this frame as an upgrade from my 07 Stumpjumper FSR. This is a great frame if you have a decent set of parts you want to transfer to the new bike. Everything from my last bike would have fit this bike, but of course a few other upgrades were necessary. My dropper post cable looks ghetto with zipties wrapping around the top tube, but there aren't cable guides on this frame.