Titus Moto-Lite All Mountain Full Suspension

Titus Moto-Lite All Mountain Full Suspension

You've been invited on a ride. You don't know the trail. You don't know the people. You're not even sure where the ride is. Will it be a hammerfest? Will they take you on the most technical ride you've ever done? Who Cares! You're on a Moto-Lite. It's the bike you've been waiting for.

[May 13, 2018]
amcowles

Strength:

Weight and durability

Chain stay is narrow

Price Paid:
Model Year:
2008
[Sep 05, 2012]
Dirtvet

Strength:

Stiff rear end, high and wide BB, versitile. With Carbon Lefty now and Pushed RP2 shock, incredible suspension.

Wish the wheelbase was an inch longer for mor stability when really going fast

Bought new 2009 as a closeout in Dec 2009. Replaced/complemented a 2005 Cannondale Prophet. While it took a while to get use to more of a cross country bike than the Prophet, It eventually became my favorite because of its stiffness. Great value too.

Cannondale Prophet 2000

[Aug 04, 2012]
Magnum Opus
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

excellent design, looks great, funtions well, nice upright nuetral stance in the cock pit.

none, I friggin love that bike.

I have had this bike for nearly 4 seasons. the 2008 motolite has done everything I have asked of it. You can see it in action on my you tube video, "sugar bottom slamfest" proof enough that it can take a beating, and ask for seconds.

cannondale scalpel,

[Feb 26, 2012]
sjchrislee
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Ultralightweight, Durability, Snappy responsiveness, Carbon fiber seatstay, anodized paint, scratch resistant, travel adjustability

long headtube, small rear triangle width

This is a great XC, trail and light AM bike. It has a snappy and precise rear suspension system. It is the most adaptable bike ever. It climbs like a mountain goat and descends like the Ibis Mojo HD.

I am a trail/AM rider who needs to climb in order to descend the rocky and rooty sections. This bike is perfect for the job. The best part was that I got a new one for only 600 bucks! I ride in the bay area, so this type of terrain is great for the bike. This is a great bike for somebody that is looking forward to purchasing a high-end bike that isn't so expensive.

Make sure to put good-quality components that are new. A BIKE WILL PERFORM LIKE JUNK IF ALL YOU DO IS PUT JUNK COMPONENTS ON IT.

In general, I am very pleased with my bike. Too bad that it's the last bike made from the original titus in Tempe,Arizona before China bought it.

MSRP $1800- got for $600

This can't compare to anything. It's in it's own category.

[Jan 31, 2012]
Rollo8000

Strength:

Fox Racing Shocks, Overall control of the suspension, Light, Stiff, Horst Link

This bike suffers from brake squat (opposite of brake jack). When braking in a rock garden, you can feel the suspension compress, then hesitate to decompress while the brake is active. This is partly due to the transfer of angular momentum from the tire into the suspension. Some argue that this gives more control for the bike, but it leaves it susceptible to bottoming out. Small bump performance is not spectacular. Also, the paint scratches easily.

The suspension is very controlled which is great on drops and providing an efficient ride, with good braking power. However, it suffers in the small bump performance category. It handles fine and is a blast to ride on single-track trail, and can take a beating more than its designed for.

Also a thing to note:
While this suspension offers great control and cornering, it is not the fastest suspension on the market, and if the trail has a lot of bumps close together, your booty will be feeling it after the ride. If you're looking for something quicker, then the Yeti 575 would be the better choice.

Yeti 575
Giant Reign
Specialized Stumpjumper FSR

[Oct 19, 2011]
belchew

Strength:

Light. Strong. Goes where it's pointed

Apparently the seat stay. Nothing a welding shop can't fix though

Amazing bike that does more than I can. Got it for Less than the price of two tires. Probably upgrade the rear brake in the near future. Titus customer support is great always friendly.

Cannondale trail 5

[Jan 07, 2011]
CrashT

Strength:

This is for the ML2, the second-generation Motolite. Light for an aluminum frame, the large with the Fox RP23 weighs 6 lbs. Stiff, very well balanced, climbs like an XC bike but is great on the downhill. Well-built; lots of riding time, and the bearings and bushings are still tight. Ano frame resists scratches. And it was built in the US.

Even after all this time I struggle to come up with any weaknesses.

I know Titus isn't selling the Motolite any longer; but I still had to write this review. This has been one great bike. It does buff trails, Sedona rocks, roots, whatever. Most of the trails around here are long climbs followed by long descents, and for that this bike with the TALAS fork is just excellent.

Rocky Mt. ETSX, Trek 6900, Kona Blast, others.

[Oct 25, 2010]
BMansfield

Strength:

Solid construction, nice lines, made in the USA

Noisey alot of chain slap, put a bash guard on shorten the chain it will really quite the bike down. Horst suspension.

When I got this frame 3 years ago I thought now I can keep up with the guys I ride with on the downhills but I was still the slowest guy in the group so it must be me and I am just not a good rider. So I have tried also parts parts wider bars change the stem what ever but I am still the slowest guy in the group and I spent a lot of money on bike parts. So I have a nice MotoLite that I have had some good rides on but not the rides I thought I should be getting so after reading another article on Push Industries I decided to do it. Sent my RP2 in and a week and a half later got is back from Push followed the set up instructions and hit the trail. I LOVE PUSH INDUSTRIES AND MY MOTOLITE NOW it is a whole new bike and my GPS top speed proves it I have increased my downhill speeds so far 3.5 miles an hour faster. So a section I used to ride at 21 miles an hour now is at 24.5 miles an hour and the cornering is like on rails now it is a completely new bike. I an 155Lbs. with all my riding gear on so if anyone out there is around my weight or lighter (I cannot speak for heavy riders but the results should be the same) before you spend a lot money on parts have your shock Pushed RP2, RP3, or RP23 I cannot recomend it enough and how much it has improved my riding it is the best upgrade by far. For Climbing I would say a small improvement but on the downs, corners, and flowing singletrack sections oh my god it's good. For being the slowest rider in the group I consider myself lucky I get to ride with some guys from the A group and I am a C but now they don't have enough time to get off their bike and stretch at the bottom of the DH sections and I am even keeping some in my sights now. Get you shock Pushed.

Giant Trance first model.

[Apr 19, 2010]
Bossmachine

Strength:

Stiff frame even for a Clydesdale rider like myself. Handled Porcupine ridge in Moab like a champ! Fantastic climbing ability and the RP2 is great when switching to down hill. Very light for the type of bike. I enjoy the higher bottom bracket. This would probably not be a great bike for a shorter person because of the bottom bracket height, unless they adjust it down quite a bit in the smaller sizes. My Stumpjumper of the same frame size sits 2" lower than the Titus.

The Frame is great! but the fork that came with the bike is lacking. The forks is a Rock shox tora 5" travel, this is screaming for a 6" travel fork. The bike shifts fantastic and is smooth and buttery on the drops.

Fantastic ride! I would not hesitate to buy this frame. Very strong and stable platform and feels fast.

Specialized stumpjumper FSR, Transition Preston, GT ruckus, etc...

[Mar 29, 2010]
Earthpig

Strength:

Climbs REALLY well for a 5" travel bike, but plenty plush on the DH - likely as a result of the RP23; stable geometry, anodized finish

Rear cable routing is tricky, especially installing pre-bled hydraulic brakes - you have to disassemble the entire suspension linkage to install the rear brake

Bought a new 2009 frame from Jensonusa for the grand total of $999, which, in retrospect, was a very good deal for as nice as this bike rides. It climbs better than any 5" travel frame I've ever owned and perhaps even better than the Racer X. A lot of this has to be attributed to the RP23 shock - switch on the propedal (I have mine set to the "2" position) and away you go uphill, with enough cush to take the edge off. Switch it off at the top (and bump your fork travel out to 140mm if you have an adjustable travel fork) and bomb it downhill. It took me a few rides to get it dialed in just right, but now I love the thing. Geometry is spot on for a longer travel "XC" bike. Snappy and stable. FAR superior climbing and downhill manners than the Ventana El Ciclon. Perhaps the best "all around" frame I've ever owned. Looking forward to many more years of pleasure!

Ventana X-5, Ventana El Ciclon, Titus Racer X