Specialized Enduro All Mountain Full Suspension

• SRAM X-9, mid cage rear derailleur
  • SRAM X-7 Trigger, 9-speed shifters
  • Custom Truvativ Stylo crankset

Ray   All Mountain Rider [May 08, 2012]
Strength:

2008 ENDURO IS The most awesome All Mountain bike on the market (hence the 2 chilis) UNTIL you have to get your suspension serviced by specialized!!!! You will fall in love with it just to realize it was ALL A DREAM and the headaches of dealing with specialized built junk set in.

E 150 fork and AFR shock are junk that need $150 ea in service work every 200 hours!!!! Oh the great thing is ONLY SPECIALIZED CAN SERVICE OR WORK ON THESE.

DO NOT BUY SPECIALIZED!!! ESPECIALLY THEIR SUSPENSION PRODUCTS!!!!!
I love my 08 Enduro so much that I was no doubt a specialized fan for life. I was looking at getting a big hit or demo as well. My Enduro rocked!!! the best bike I have ever owned!!!! Uphill like a goat and down with agile ease like water!! CRASH IT WAS ALL A DREAM!!!!

I got "S Tune" on my E150 fork and a horrible noise was coming from the shock. Turns out these jokers didn't replace the bushings (what is it ya say A S Tune really is???) apparently it is not replacing worn out parts!!! Now the forks are back at specialized and I have to PAY $15 FOR THE BUSHINGS!!! HUGH???? NO over night, NO expedited anything, NO our bad, but that will be $15 please!!! So now I sit dreaming about the good old days when I loved this company and my Enduro.

Whatever you do DO NOT BUY SPECIALIZED!!! You will be living a dream until your ride breaks and you have to deal with the consequences of realizing Specialized makes JUNK. just in case this does not sway you I put it on Craigslist today so hit me up and you can own it along with the headaches!!!!!!!!!!!

Similar Products Used: Mongoose,
d_recendez   Weekend Warrior [Apr 27, 2010]
Strength:

Solid construction, great pivot designs, plush, adjustable head angle!

A little heavy for a 6" travel bike nowadays

My favorite trail bike! I own a 29er, an Intense Spider and a VP Free, this is by far the most versatile bike at 29 lbs. It rails everything, rough stuff is no problem. I am a light rider at 150 lbs and have no problem with power loss from the suspension, the fox DHX 5 does it's thing keeping the bob away. If you can still find one of these frames, BUY IT. They ave a huge shock (8.75") as opposed to the newer Enduro's with only 8". More shock = more plush.

Similar Products Used: Intense 5.5, tracer vp, Spider, Santa Cruz VP Free, Norco Atomik, Specialized Demo 8 II, Jamis XLT (horst link), Specialized Stumpjumper
Diggidy   Cross Country Rider [Aug 29, 2009]
Strength:

Strong, Light, Great geometry, Climbs great and descends even better.

I don't have a single complaint with the frame. The original specialized suspension came right off, but the frame is tops.

Best FS All mountain bike on the market as far as I'm concerned. I don't know about other years, but Specialized really did it right in 2008, the frame is perfect.

For riding in Wisconsin you really need a bike that can climb, and if your heart desires, there are also some nasty descents to be had to; this bike handles both flawlessly. The people that complain that it climbs poorly obviously do not have their bike setup properly, namely the suspension if they're complaining about a lot of bobbing. Once dialed in this bike climbs like a billy goat, and with the right rear tire you can even get out of the saddle and jam on climbs too.

Descents? This bike can throw you through straight up gnar and you won't even realize it. You can tell just by looking at the bike's geometry it's a great descender. With my DHX 5.0 Coil the ride is so plush and responsive I can't describe it sometimes. Braking is perfect also, no noticeable effects on travel or action even under heavy braking.

Bottom line: Scroll up and see where you can purchase this bad boy. The frame is so customizable that outside of DH and competitive XC racing it can pretty much be built to handle anything. It's going to be a shame when this bike finally wears itself out and I'm left to find something else that performs as well as it.

1illEnduro   Cross Country Rider [May 08, 2009]
Strength:

Frame

Sole brakes,rear wheel kept breaking spokes

@ 33lbs. it's not the lightest but real burly.I don't give a sh!t about being the fastest guy going uphill as long as I make it thats all that matters. the payoff is in the downhill. after 3 years of owning this bike and all the upgrades have transformed it to a great bike.

Similar Products Used: none,BMX
Vasilli33   Weekend Warrior [Nov 19, 2008]
Strength:

Awesome all around mountain bike. Solid frame!

33lbs. in the beginning was a bit heavy (tested your "lungs & legs") going uphill. But, after 8mons. of getting use to it " your a different animal" hahaha! Front fork is working well so far. As, for the rear shocks "Fox DHX" it bottomed out after 6mons. brought it to the shop they sent it out(free of charge "warranty") about 3weeks for turn around! Looking to upgrade the front fork to 66 ATA or 55ATA. rear shocks??? it`s been working "fine" since. Thinking of replace it too...I don`t know what I can replace it with??? any advice?

Great all around bike for up & down hill, single tracks. This bike can handle it! looks mean when it`s dirty/muddy on the matt black frame. haha! I would recommend this bike.

Similar Products Used: "07" Stumpjumer elite. another awesome bike. pretty fast going up.
boodaroo   Weekend Warrior [Oct 12, 2008]
Strength:

Solid rig for bombing downhill and tackling the technical trails. I love hitting roots, rocks, drops and jumps with this bike. Pretty fast on the cross county when you are on rutted up fast winding flat trails.

Not the best at climbs. The problem stems in to areas. First , I do not have lockout so the soft front end robs a ton of power from you. Second the geometry of the rear, which makes it so great for absorbing huge downhill hits, creates a crazy power robbing bounce in the rear while climbing (even with the rear shock pumped to the max). If you look, almost all your weight rests on the rear shock. The front fork can be replaced/ upgraded with lockout but the rear you will have to live with.

Great ALL Mountain bike. Very comfortable to ride on long nasty trails. Will make a man of you on long climbs. I plan on upgrading the front fork to one with lockout to help this out. I recently swithed to riding clipless and have been amazed at how I can tear through the nastiest trail sections while continuing to pedal hard. This bike is simply amazing in the rough. If you like only riding smooth trails or urban riding I would not go this route.

Similar Products Used: Nothing that compares.
fishwar   Weekend Warrior [Aug 24, 2008]
Strength:

Solid bike, good components. The bike doesn't break. You can beat the crap out of it and it keeps on going. The bike tracks and ride well over rocky tough terrain. This bicycle is so much fun to ride that my KTM250 EXC dirt bike ends up sitting in the garage on the weekends. All around good value.

The stock chain broke two times within the first 5 rides. I had to replace it with a top of the line hollow link chain. New chain, no problems since. When you go over large logs the chain guide or roller below the crank will pinch the chain between the roller and the swing arm. I ended up removing the roller and it works fine.

If your looking for something other than a ful downhill or free style bike that can take a beating buy this bike.

Dustin   Weekend Warrior [Jun 03, 2008]
Strength:

Great frame, Great Name Brand, Some good components, Affordable

Some shi*y components such as the crank and the brakes

GREAT bike BUY IT NOW!!!!

Similar Products Used: Kona Coiler
chance larson   Cross Country Rider [May 05, 2008]
Strength:

This bike is so sweet that it allows you to do anything you can imagine.

Front fork blew within half hour after first ride. Ouch, seeing as the bike shop is about 4 hours from here.

By far the best bike I have ever ridden. No way in hell you can find anything comparable for the price. I think to make it into an ultimate beast a new front fork and rear shock would be required. I think this because of my front blowing and a vast majority ppl pn here say the lock the rear shock within ten rides. Bottom line is if your looking at getting into some aggressive stuff, Buy This Bike. Or actually don't because everyone one the block might.

Similar Products Used: cheap dual suspension, Hardrock comp
t Stud   Downhiller [Jul 20, 2007]
Strength:

Nice compnent spec. Nice color scheme. Good fork and shock. Geometry is great. The 32 hole wheels are still straight. Rarely drop a chain.

Brakes. 33lb weight. Keep and eye on the Fox shock, prolly get stuck down.

I like this bike alot. After about 5 rides the shock got stuck down. That was covered by warranty and the shop actually repaired for me in a 2 day turn around (right on Bobcat). No problems with the shock since then.

The fork packs up on hard hits which sux. The Marzzochi developed a leak in its 2nd week and I had to send it back to Marzzochi. That was a 4 week turn around. Bad on Marzocchis part! Otherwise my new fork feels plush. The fork and shock seem a little off as a pair. Get a Fox if you can.

The wheels feel light when they are spinning. I've been told the Specialized Stout hubs develop play after time and the fix is a simple tightening. Never had this problem though. I use this bike for the local cccx downhill series and its about the best bike for those courses.

The brakes dont seem to have enough power though. My Bb7 mech's have better stopping power.

If your budget is under 2k I would not buy a different bike. Nobody makes a better spec'd bike in this range for aggresive riding.