Specialized Camber All Mountain Full Suspension

A no-nonsense trail bike with just the right amount of active, independent FSR travel for everything from singletrack to bomber descents.

• 120mm-travel M4 alloy FSR frame with new suspension design and sealed cartridge bearing pivots for confident handling and smooth trail performance
  • RockShox Ario RL rear shock with adjustable rebound and lockout for steady climbs and plush, controlled descents
  • Responsive, yet stable RockShox Recon Silver TK air-sprung fork with 120mm of travel uses external adjustable rebound, Turn Key damping, and lockout for fine-tuned bump performance
  • Oversized, 3D-forged, adjustable-rise alloy stem with 4-bolt clamp for extra strength and versatility
  • Tektro Draco hydraulic disc brakes/levers with Light Wave rotors create increased control and superior stopping power for more confident descents
  • Solid, dependable Shimano SLX Shadow rear derailleur delivers trouble-free shifting and takes it easy on the wallet

• User Reviews (19)

JimZoltan   All Mountain Rider [May 11, 2015]
    Strength:

Geometry, climbing, travel feel, descent speed.

Thirty two pounds seems a bit heavy to me, but as this is my first all mountain bike, I don't have much expertise or reference. Wheels are a bit narrow.

Just got the Camber Comp 2012 26er. Picked it up in perfect shape on ebay for under 1000.00. Climbs well considering the weight. Lockouts function perfectly. The Tectro Draco breaks worked well too. No issues there. Descends well on the local single track (Marshal canyon). I am used to a Trek Session 7, and I generally don't worry about ruts, bumps, and obstacles, so I was worried about the lighter suspension and less travel, but the Camber performed well and feels like it has more travel than the 4.75 inches (120mm). In fact, the speed of the downhill was surprisingly fast. I am sure much faster that the seven (no big hits). Can't wait to test it on Snow Summit Bike Park, where the new trails, table tops and such should prove a good testing grounds.

Similar Products Used: None, have Trek Session 7 and Rocky Mountain 9, both Downhill bikes.
    Sean82   [Sep 08, 2013]
    Strength:

Handling, ride comfort, gears, geometry, suspension

Brakes

I bought a 2012 run out model about 6 months ago as a means of getting back into MTBing. I was unsure exactly what to get, all mountain or XC, but I was pointed in the direction of the Camber as a mid-point between the two. I'm so glad I did!
    It climbs well (even though the engine is a little worse for wear), descends fast and true. There's minimal clatter and crash from components as you navigate rubble, etc.
    The handle-bars could possible do with being 20-30 mm narrower to navigate more enclosed trails (came with 720mm wide), but this would make the bike slightly twitchier.
    The cockpit is really comfortable for me. I can spend hours on the bike without a sore back, neck, hands, etc.

My biggest upset with this bike is the Avid Elixcer 5.5 brakes. They started off well, but travel in the rear lever has always been too much for good modulation and power; despite sending back to the shop for draining and fluid refill/bleeding twice. On a 4.5 hr ride recently (3 ascents, 4 descents), I completely "lost" the rear brake. Lever had no "restriction" in it indicating it wasn't working well at all. And it didn't. I had my new LBS check it out and they said I could try for another bleed/refill, but it's likely the piston and/or master cylinder is/are shot. So I've ordered some 2013 Shimano Deore XTs to go on. This upgrade should have my Camber back to full operability ;-)

I have ridden with people with 150mm travel and it's only ever been my ability that stops me keeping up on descents. I've also ridden with people on XC bikes on XC tracks and never been left wanting.
    This bike is so much fun to ride on almost any terrain

The Rock Shox Reba fork and Fox RP23 shock work well in tandem; rarely do I use the fork lockout, but often will switch to Pro-Pedal or 'Lockout' settings on the shock to make climbing easier. The three shock settings (Open, Pro-pedla and 'Lockout') work very well, although I wish the 'Lock-out' position was a positive click like the other two, not just having the lever/switch in the general area to lockout. Other than this, works really well!

This bike provides the perfect middle ground in Specialized's line up between the XC Epic and the "tougher" Stumpjumper FSR, and the Camber should definitely be considered if you're looking at either of these two

tg   Weekend Warrior [Apr 17, 2013]
    Strength:

my first full sus, great bike, handles well on the trail and travels well over everything ive thrown it at. replaced the brakes with some avid xx but only because they were at the right price (mates rates) travel of 120 front and rear just enough without being OTT for me and all for a cut price £999

at the price i paid new, none!!!

great bike and happy to say i feel i made the right choice for a first time full sus

Hophead1   [Mar 06, 2013]
    Strength:

Nice spec at the price point.
    Solid frame
    nice 120mm travel
    Not heavy for a FS

I suppose the low end shifters could be better.
    Elixir 3's get the job done but I like shimano slx better
    Suspension is a little noisy

Great bike for trail/xc. I wouldn't call it an all mountain machine with 70 degree hta but i've ridden in the mountains without problems. This bike definitely fees solid in the frame and suspension. Nothing feels cheap or tinny. I have a large and like the seat and the long stem and shimano drivetrain, I'm 6', 32 inseam. Very good bike in tight twisty stuff, very maneuverable. I can really carve on the flowy sections. tires have worked perfect for me. no complaints. Had to have wheels trued at 5 months but i hit a lot of tech obstacles and i'm 215. Probably routine for any bike anyway. I've read a couple, not many, but a couple of reviews that found it sluggish at times. It should be noted that using the specialized sag recommendations makes the bike soft but effects pedal efficiency when the suspension is wide open. I prefer it firmer on the back shock and that definitely takes care of the issue. Also the tires have a very tall sidewall. bag 'em down and tire squirm will slow you. I keep them a little firm and they grab nicely in the corners and roll fast.

Edgardo Ric Fernandez   [Mar 05, 2013]
    Strength:

the 29er took me a while to ride in Alva FL.first time on 29er&full suspension once i did the wheels just grab &rolled you have to i think learn this cool bike.Started with 2012 Specialized Hardrock 26in tires great entry level bike.The camber fits great,im 6FT i feel so balanced on bike but still have to steer the 29ers better to not clip out.

a bit heavy buy can change some things

I think anyone who wants to upgrade and not break the bank the camber is a awesome bike im 51yrs old,young or older this is a Great Ride.

Caspian   Cross Country Rider [Oct 13, 2012]
    Strength:

very versatile..

some people say the braking system is weak;but i dont think it is.it performs very well for me.frame is a little bit heavy.of course,what do we expect for a $1800 bike,the frame is not carbon & parts are not high-end.i'm planning to upgrade a good quality hydraulic seatpost pretty soon.

So far so good.i'm in love with my camber.it handles very well.if you're just a cross country rider or an all mountain rider once in a while.this a good bike in its price range.climbs like a hard-tail & very reliable on a rocky downhill.if you're looking DH bike,this is not the right one.go look for something else.

Nathan Samora   All Mountain Rider [Sep 04, 2012]
    Strength:

Lightweight and pliable. This bike flies into the air and up there, it is really easy to control. The brakes work great, despite people complaining about Tektro. It climbs very well.

Front fork cannot be replaced with anything larger, which made me sad a little. The front fork doesn't rebound as strongly as I would like it to. I've had problems with the chain coming off, so a chain guard may be in store. Somehow my rear shock came undone once (the black cannister at the top is screwed in) and that left me with a bottomed out ride, but it was easily fixed at my bike shop. The seat also needs to be replaced; it's like it's made forXC racing.

Overall a fun bike that handles big hits very well and is light enough to flow over rough sections. With skinny 2inch tires like it has, though, it doesn't hold into the trail all the time, so you have to be careful. I sure do love how fast you can move on it, though, and how great it jumps. I've never complained about its handling either. It is very whippy and tight around the bends. It isn't chopped out like all-mountain or downhill bikes, so depending on your preference, think what you will. I love this bike, but if I had to do it again, I might have just forked over the additional $$$ for an enduro. I think the stumpjumper fsr is still too similar to this to pay the extra cash.

Similar Products Used: Trance X4
    Rmpriley   All Mountain Rider [Jul 24, 2012]
    Strength:

This bike rocks for the value. The Shimano gear set XT, braking and smooth suspension with the rear Fox shock

Cannot find one yet....brakes may be too good

I picked this bike up after looking at Stumpjumper and couldn't refuse how much bike you get for a lot less than a Stumpjumper. I have been riding this bike through hard trails all mountain and don't think I will reach its limits...great for all around and if you want to fly on the flats the pro-pedal Fox setting is awesome and if you really want versatility, lock front and back out and motor. I ride in pro-pedal almost full time and effortlessly fly over rocks roots and small drops while all the while maintaining pedalling efficiency. I like to ride as fast as possible and this bike serves it up. The shifters are awesome and the brakes can launch you as they are incredible. I am a good size guy at 6' and 200lbs and now the fastest guy in my gang against Norcos and Devincis and everybody is getting out of my way, uphill climbs, downhill, whatever and trying to figure out how to keep up. Highly recommend this bike....I grabbed a 2011 on a deal and couldn't be happier.

Similar Products Used: Giant
    Bobby97   All Mountain Rider [Jul 14, 2012]
    Strength:

Uphill and XC

Some (bigger) downhill

Great bike for the price and the components. Just an outstanding bike for XC and All Mtn riding. Great components XT rear deralliear SLX front.
    .The guy before me doesn't know what hes talking about its his first bike he"s rating it on what he knows about that bike he doesn't know much.