Norco Six Three All Mountain Full Suspension

Marzocchi 55 R fork, with 160mm travel, rebound adjust, and air PL - Fox Van R Rear shock with factory tuned ProPedal and rebound adjust - KT hubs with Alex TD-24 rims and white powder coated spokes - FSA Alpha Drive cranks with bash guard and external bearings - Avid Juicy 3 hydraulic disc brakes with 7 and 8” rotors.

Downhill junkie55   Racer [Jul 08, 2009]
Strength:

Takes a beating, pretty light, climbs fairly easy when you need it to, but decends fast and smooth

brakes (hayes sole) kept foulin master cylinders (4 in a week and a half)

Its a great all around bike, does a lil bit of everything, but if u wanna go extreme to one side like i did with downhill, ur gonna have to make some changes. same goes with if u wanna ride it cross country. your gonna need some lighter components

Similar Products Used: none really
gazza77   Weekend Warrior [May 04, 2009]
Strength:

tough bike, great plugn play.

cranks could be better spec., slightly heavy , stem to long

great bike, but a bit heavy, Its super stable in the air , i have put a shorter stem on it to get better downhill out of it. Buy it great bike, but you may need to upgrade the cranks after 6 months as they are a crap design, and become loose. SLX is cheap,light,strong (hollowtech). Maybe the bikeshop will throw some in for you.......

Similar Products Used: none
dc   Weekend Warrior [Jul 20, 2008]
Strength:

Very strong and very smooth. Typical Norco value with decent parts for the money.

Hayes Sole brakes. Very weak and inconsistent performance during rides. Often felt like the brake pads were worn out when they had plenty material left.

This review is for the 2007 Six Three. Mine had a different parts spec than listed above with a Marz AM3 Fork and the barely passable Hayes Sole brakes. I highly recommend this bike for anyone who needs an all around bike but focuses on aggressive all mountain or light freeride. It can be driven uphill but in a slower manner than my Fluid 1, for instance. It's hefty at 35lbs, but it works well going down hill, over jumps and on flowy trails. The AM 3 fork is simplistic but seems to work well. As I mentioned above, I changed to the Avid Juicy 7's with an 8" rotor up front and a 7" in the back and I'm very happy with the change thus far. Overall, the bike is very forgiving to mistakes and bad lines and is well worth the money. I have owned several Norco's and will continue to.

Similar Products Used: Norco Fluid 2 (2003), Norco Fluid 1 (2007).
Martin Duchesneau   Weekend Warrior [Jun 02, 2007]
Strength:

Very strong frame, amazing how this thing holds up anyhting thrown at it. Also, it's the same (more or less) geometry used by bigger frames from norco, gotta be good. The fork and rear shock really rock as far as All Mountain is concerned. This bike is definitely worth the money. The components are ok, keep in mind it's an entry level bike to the All mountain/Light freeride.

It is sad that the paint chips off so easily. Rocks flying from the wheels are likely to poke a hole in the paint. Pivot screws/bolts have a tendency to get loose. I have to check mine regularly to make sure the bike can be ridden safely. But hey that's really nothing much, a bike must be inspected thoroughly before each use. Besides, when I'll be TOO pissed off, I'll put locktite on them and it should be fixed

I've shopped around for a year before deciding which bike would suit my needs best, and get the best bike for my money. I don't know about how other bikes feel, but this one is awesome. Probably other geometries/frame design work fine too, but if you put that aside and compare only the specs, this is THE best value for your money, at least in Canada...

Similar Products Used: Rocky Mountain Switch 2.0
erik   Downhiller [Apr 02, 2007]
Strength:

Great bike very strong frame but for DH and FR some parts need to be stronger. but all around great small Fr bike and XC

Rims,bars,stem,needs A chain guide, rims taco easy and the fork is super great when setup right

great bike u have to test ride itt then ulldie because they have put together a great bike

Similar Products Used: dunno
Jamie   Weekend Warrior [Mar 14, 2007]
Strength:

everything but the rims, they are a little weak, but I'm a pretty big guy (6', 197 lbs) and I mainly do shuttle runs and resorts. Everything else has held up great. Never bottomed on either end even with the Drop Off IV's, brakes are flawless, shifting is still good even though I have mashed the derailer a bit. Super solid frame, can pedal uphill as well as down. Scoper seat post is a great idea. The Kenda Nevegals are super sticky and grab onto just about anything, had a couple problems with the narrower Black Eye rims and pinch flats.

none that I can find

If you want a solid bike for a great price the Six series is the way to go. Built and spec'd strong enough to freeride but also light enough to trail ride. I have done an adventure race with it and it worked great, but there is almost no way a freerider can beat spandex in a race that goes up and down hill. End of story, best bike I've ever ridden, it fits my style of riding exactly.

Similar Products Used: Norco Atomik w/Jr. T's, '98 Specialized FSR Comp.
Dexter Robson   Weekend Warrior [Jul 22, 2006]
Strength:

the frame is great and beafy enough for freeride but you can get to the top first!!! its a great bike

the back shock is a bit small and bottoms out and i'm only 115 lbs so that might be a concern the front fork is a tad to cheap for me

this is the best bike for the price and it weights nothing so buy it quickly or wait half a year and buy next years model so you have the newest bike for the longest possible i sort of missed out on that

Similar Products Used: norco six 2, vps a-line
Troy Bacon   Weekend Warrior [Aug 30, 2006]
Strength:

It will take a beating! Trust me, from what I have done and where I have been, and the level I currently am at, this bike is THE bike to have.

I found the brake levers are a bit weak... and Kendra tires might be sticky, but I have been through 3 flats, and some of the punctures have been pretty weak (blackberry bushes? Come on!) Chain comes off regularly, drives me nuts!

For what I paid, and what it does for me, absolutely worth the money. Kona wanted $300.00 more for virtually a better chain, and a place to stick my water bottle. Huh?

Similar Products Used: Cannondale (weak!) and Harro
brian   Weekend Warrior [Jul 04, 2007]
Strength:

sweet biek to jump and drop. its light adn easy to throw around the trails

the front suspenstion has to be changed to somehting more durable and easy to adjust . mien keeps bottoming out when i it a 2 foot drop. and i am only 135 pounds. oh and u shoudl consider putting thicker ube in the tires cause they pop easily. and why arent the brake lines under waranty. i popped a hole in my brake lines.

thsi bike is nice u just need soem small upgrades on it or just dotn ride it hard.

Dan   Weekend Warrior [Apr 25, 2008]
Strength:

It's a very light bike maybe too light for downhill. Nice suspension. Good linkage system. I love the looks of the bike. It's one of the few bikes that has a top tube height thats low enough for shorter bikers.

I don't care for the brakes.(Hayes Sole Disc). They sometimes vibrate and the pads wear out quickly. I wore out a set during one day at Whistler.

It'great looking bike and is very comfortable to ride. I feel more sure footed on the Norco shore than on the six maybe because of the weight diference or maybe the width of the tires, I'm not sure but for what I do(cruising down the blue runs at whistler), the six is fine. Still, the two things I will upgrade on this bike is the brakes(upgrade to avid Juicy 3 with 8" rotors) and eventually new Forks. The all mountain 3's are OK but are a little noisy.