Norco Fluid LT 3 All Mountain Full Suspension

Norco Fluid LT 3 All Mountain Full Suspension

Marzocchi 55 R fork with 120-160mm travel - Fox DHX Air 3.0 rear shock - Shimano M475 and KT 20mm hubs with WTB Speed Disc rims and DT Swiss stainless spokes - FSA Alpha Drive cranks with external bearings - Avid Juicy 3 hydraulic disc brakes with 7” rotors.

[Jul 14, 2011]
mgrandmaison

Strength:

Very good for a 215lbs biker, I love the feeling of smoothness but it never let you down when you need it in ruff terrain...

the rear wishbone broke last year, and it was a clean brake right next to the welding spot, the replacement part was totally different from the original, you could see they knew where to reinforce it to make sure it wouldn't brake again!!!

I've never regret the purchase of that bike, cause I had a chance to try it before, and I felt in love with the all around capacity of the suspension, yes it's not the best bike in the world, but I assure you, it is worth every penny I spent for it, in the last 4 years except for the tune-up I only had to change brake plates and front small spoket and the chain... not much investement to keep a smilling face every time i take it out in the wood... the best place I took it so far was the mount St-Anne near Québec City...

GT I drive years before, Rocky Mountain (brother's bike) Yeti

[Apr 29, 2011]
Jamis_biker

Strength:

Just to start off, this is for the lt 6.2 (2010) I couldnt find it to write a review but this was the closest. First off, the bike rides amazing. The rockshox lyrik and monarch seem to work really well together. The bike feels tough, it inspires me to do almost anything.The elixer 5,s do the job well but i like a disc with a bit more grab.

sram x7 shifters. I dont really like how you cant see which gear you are in (maybe they used them to save weight). the actual shifting i love but the shifter not as much. I really wish they would have put a bashring on like theyu did on the new ranges. (does anybody use the third chainring?)

Really good bike for an amazing value. It feels alot beefier than the 2009 fluid lt 3 and the suspension works alot better together. I would definitly recomend it but i would take the frame apart first and grease all the pivot points. This is great for the all mountain rider who climbs up to the top of a hill before he shuttles down hard. Overall, great bike and i am sure it will lats for years to come.

2009 Fluid Lt3, Jamis parker 1(if you wanna count that), 2005 jamis komodo 2.0 (not really comparab;e unless you compare componenets.

[Apr 20, 2010]
az29okg

Strength:

28 lbs - just 2 lbs heavier than my old hardtail.

Seatpost (Ritchey Pro Carbon) creaks (I think).
XT hydraulic disc brakes seem to have lost modulation (one cold morning), they are still very strong brakes, but the lever movement is very small.

I really love my bike (except for the creaking seatpost - which I've temporarily fixed by replacing it with an old Syncro aluminum seatpost). The suspension feels really good. I normally like riding faster smoother tails. But, I did take it on one really rocky technical trail and I had to learn to let the bike smash thorugh the rough stuff - which it did (no thanks to my skill level - just hang on an pray).

[Apr 16, 2010]
KMurphy

Strength:

Good price for components. Handles XC descents well.

Heavy by AM standards today. Numerous parts require upgrading

Good bike but with only one great strength which is the descent after an XC climb. Frame and cranks twist and bend if you take this bike downhilling. 33lbs is a bit much for an XC use so it's won't be the one bike to do it all. 2008 ATA fork will give you problem after problem if you ride lots. Pedals are disposable. 2008 rear XT hub was replaced twice and i finally went with an XTR and that solved the sudden inability for the hub to freewheel problem(scary when you're decending and the cranks start turning out of nowhere).

Norco was good about warrantying the fork, pedals, and hub. They all gave me issues within a year. Chainstays will also be warrantied free of charge to eliminate the annoying buzz which is part of pulling on your rear brake lever. It's a good bike, as long as you don't expect great climbing ability and issue free components.

Yeti 575, Cannondale Rush

[Apr 15, 2010]
Marcin

Strength:

Great spec, pretty light, looks great, adjustable rear-end travel. It's very fast on singletrack.
It's a heavy-duty frame but quite light weight (12.8kg/28lbs).

Forward weight balance.
Not sure about the Nobby Nic tyres.
The Ritchey bars are a bit strange - maybe just need to get used to them.

I've only had it for about 6 weeks but I love it. Of the bikes I've tested it's probably most similar to the TranceX but with more travel.

Not sure if it's a weakness, but the weight distribution is a tiny bit forward biased - great for climbing and on twisty flat bits, but not quite so great for going down. However note that it's still a fun bike going down, you just need to be vigilant on keeping your weight back.

I've ridden it in long XC/enduro races and it was good fun - reduced the travel in the rear (down to 4.5"/116mm), firmed up the forks, and it is quite an efficient mile-munching machine.

5 for value, 4 for overall (because of weight balance).

Tested Commencal Meta, Giant Trance X, Scott Genius.
However this is my first duallie.

[Mar 16, 2010]
Shawn Feddes

Strength:

- Little to none brake jack
- Good pedalling performance, especially with Pro-pedal engaged
- Nice finish and welds
- Good balance between climbing and descending performance
- Quiet

- poor cable routing for the front derailleur
- shallow and a bit soft shock bolts
- sag markers on the linkage would be nice

I bought a Norco Fluid LT1 from at a very nice price from my LBS on a year end clearout from Norco. The price was right and the medium frame fit me (at 5'11") perfectly.

Overall I've been really impressed. Coming from a linkage driven single pivot design the suspension performance while braking is noticeably better and makes for a very nice ride. It also pedals considerably better and the pro-pedal is a nice option. The bike really seems to excel in technical terrain. I was concerned the head angle would be too steep on the bike but I've found it to be perfect. The bike retains some nimbleness while being a good bike for the North Shore and all out downhills. I'm really happy with the bike so far.

I do have a few quibbles though. The cable routing for the front derailleur is sloppy. I bought the bike as a frame only but the full retail on a LT1 is a good chunk of change. Despite this the cable routing results in the cable rubbing on the frame which would wear a groove in the swingarm. I put a chunk of plastic hose over the cable here but it was sloppy on a bike this expensive.

The other complaint was the shock bolts. Its a minor detail but the shock bolts are very shallow. This results in a cleaner look at the swing arm but being the ones most likely to be tightened or loosened it seems weird that such soft bolt would be specced. Its again a minor detail and one that can probably be remedied at the local auto parts store.

But overall this is a very nice bike. It rips on the downhills while retaining enough XC flare to be taken on all day epics. This is my one mountain bike and I think that it covers enough range to make it hard to justify owning multiple mountain bikes.

Santa Cruz Nomad
Cove G-spot

[Feb 09, 2010]
chihui

Strength:

Solid frame. Long travel that inspire descent fast. Wall ride, drops , gap. etc Bang on working spec, 185mm avid disc brake front and rear. Surprise by juicy 3 providing strong stopping power. The only problem is squeeze and kinda on and off feel.

MZ 55. It leaks from the bottoms bolt, the oil reach the disc brake, causing the front brake not biting. I am lucky that is notice before a long steep descent. LBS fixed it within a day. Norco head angle is 69. A bit too steep for my preference. Wish it can 68 or 67. It is heavy. 15.6kg for skinny rider like me.

If you are looking on these, you are likely not willing to spend more for Santa Cruz Blur LT or others 5 stars bike. This is a bargain. The Norco LT3 and LT2 have similar spec. The shifters or MZ ATA on LT2 does not justify the extra premium either. Soon or later you might change to Fox?

Overall, nice bike. After 6 months of abuse, take up the bike and shake it, no click sounds other then the chain. Solid. No issue other then the MZ bolt fail.

Component that I wish to upgrade is the fork, handle bar and brake (For better modulation).

Giant

[Nov 09, 2009]
Jacques Pienaar

Strength:

Parts set up - quality vs. price: unbeatable, Rider position and feel: confident inspiring, Marzocchi 55 ATA once tuned lives up to the name Bomber, Specialized patented suspension with Fox DHX makes for a stable combination. All Mountain capabilities, drops of up to 4-5 feet at high speed seems unnoticed never bottoms out

Pedals

This is my first Full suspension bike. Took my GT avelanche 1.0 disc all the way up there and back. 5 Foot Drops and serious All Andes Mountain riding. Upgraded to a full suspension as my riding style and skills improved and was adapted from riding Moto Enduros. After studying the market the Norco Fluid LT2 was the answer Price I paid vs. component quality. Great on the climbs with notacable "bob" from the DHX 3.0 but ever inspiring just climbing up and over anything I point the wheel at. Descending is a dream once the suspension is set up, correct amount of air and re-bound adjust. Very forgiving as I ride this bike same as a hard tail I do not even know about some of the things I would previously feel. Great change, great bike. The pedals have let me down though (Crank Brothers Smarty) will suggest a Shimano SPD type as they are more predictable in those unpredictable situations. Love it, live it, ride it. Peace

First Full suspension frame, Marzocchi AM 1 & 3 TST, Rock Shox Tora 302 coil

[Nov 04, 2009]
Not Pink

Strength:

Quaility spec & build-strong,nice weight and versatile.

I've overcome the rear tyre clearence in muddy conditions by running a 2.1 tyre,so no problems.

Stunning bike,can do it all-climbs well thanks to good travel adjustments.Inspires confidence downhills,jumps and stunts,a very well balanced bike.I've done enduro races,all day epics and even dirt jump jams-nothing it can't do,only me stopping it.
It's a little expensive BUT if you can afford it,it's really the only bike you'll need.This bike you suit anyone that wants to do it all on the one rig.
I'm very happy with this bike and would recommend it to anyone wanting to have fun on the trail and not worry about whats around the bend because this bike will handle almost whatever is thrown in front of it.

Six 1

[Oct 11, 2009]
Mesozoic

Strength:

Incredibly well designed geometry that is especially well suited for longer rides, but definitely capable DH. Pedals extremely well up technical terrain. Well spec'd for the most part.

The 55 ATA fork is a steaming pile due to the faulty ATA cartridge. I hear that Marzocchi has a fix for it, though.

A great looking, great riding frame for XC/AM/DH all in one bike. Well spec'd with a Fox DHX 3.0 Air shock which has no adjustments, but doesn't need any for most riders. XT hubs and front der, Juice 5 brakes, X9 rear der, and tasteful color selection for things like bar ends and spoke nipples indicate Norco's attention to detail. The only negative thing is the fork selection. Replace that and ride on!

Knolly Endorphin, Norco Fluid LT3, Devinci Hectik H2