Merida AM 3000-D All Mountain Full Suspension

• Saddle: Selle Italia NT1 Kit B
  • Seat post: XM Pro SB20 31.6
  • Pedal: Shimano M520

John Anastas   Weekend Warrior [Jan 24, 2010]
Strength:

High quality components for far less money than the established and better known brands. Fox TALAS forks 100-140mm, PR23 shock, Magura brakes are very strong, excellent welds, good looks.

Weight but acceptable for an AM bike of 2008. Now-a-days (2010) manufacturers are getting the weight of their bikes down by up to a kilo or so. I would have prefered 1 degree slacker in the head tube for faster downhill decends but everything is a compromise.

I would recommend this bike to anyone. It has good looks, very fast on hard packed single trails (thanks to the HA), suspension absords extremely well, very smooth over tree roots and jaggered rocks, climbs well and decends quite well. An excellent choice for my first full suspension bike.
Geomerty Specs:
WB 1062
BB 335 mm (?)

Similar Products Used: Merida MATTS TFS 100 Hardtail
Uphill Ulrich   Cross Country Rider [Oct 16, 2009]
Strength:

Fantastic Spec For Price, Fantastic handling, instills confidence to any rider, Geometry is extremely comfortable for both trail and XC.

Would have liked it to be about 1kg lighter, but eitherwise an awesome bike.

I have done the Cape Epic and Sani 2C endurance races on this bike and could not have imagined doing it on any other bike i have ridden, very little maintenance. it is an awesome bike, and would have a hard time replacing it.

Similar Products Used: Kona, Scott Genius.GT
jmheino2   Weekend Warrior [Feb 15, 2009]
Strength:

Great value for money! I was looking for bike with very short cabin --> upright riding position and I have to say this one has it. I'm 179cm tall and I select M-size frame with extended sadle post. It's very handy and precise to drive. Suspension works as expected in all conditions.

Some problems with XT-disc breaks below -15°C temperatures, fluid lubricates discs...

I managed to drive over one year before I got the first loosen bolt --> no quality issues. This bike supports active driving style and it is very suitable for technical terrain. Short design might reduce its capability to climb, but so far the driver has been the limiting resource ;).

-Jukka-

Similar Products Used: This is my first full suspension bike. How ever, I tested briefly several bikes before I closed the deal and I must say decisions was very easy to make.
shark36   Weekend Warrior [Oct 01, 2008]
Strength:

It took me some time to find a proper AM bike and I did it!!! Very good geometry, equipement, stiffnes, good weight (really 13.1 kg as speciffied), very confortable for uphill, very confident for downhill.

The only weak thing were brake pads due to the quite a long downhill piste, that I doo over the weekends(I puted swiss stop and it is OK now)

I would definitly recommande this bike to anyone who is searching for a AM bike, that can climb with ease and still want to do a decent down-hill.

Similar Products Used: Scott genius 40, lappiere spicy 315, cube fritzz, scott ransom 40, ransom 20
shawn   Weekend Warrior [Jun 21, 2008]
Strength:

BEST LOOKING, AND BEST VALUE FOR MONEY, VERY COMFORTABLE,RESPONSIVE AND NOT TOO SOFT AS EVERYONE MAKES THE SUSPENSION OUT TO BE (PROVIDED THE SETUP HAS BEEN DONE PROPERLY)

DOESNT HAVE THE CREDIT IT DESERVES. THE SEAT COULD HAVE BEEN A BIT MORE COMFY.

AWESOME BIKE, GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY,COOL LOOKS AND I HAD ALOT OF COMPLEMENTS FROM DIFIRENT PEOPLE. NICE AND LITE (13.1KG). I TRIED A COUPLE OF BIG JUMPS AT A VERY TECHNICAL COURSE.....IT AN HANDELED IT WITH NO HASTLES, AN SAVED MU BUTT A COUPLE O TIMES TOO. A CONFIDENCE BUILDER.

Similar Products Used: MONGOOSE TYAX ELITE,SPECIALISED FSR
Iwan Kemp   Weekend Warrior [Jul 09, 2007]
Strength:

Traction
Confidence Inspiring
Killer looks

Tires and wheelset are heavy

Once I get the weight of the wheels and tires down this baby will be flying! Great bike on trails and singkle track, but the weight ( and my lack of fitness!) bocks me on the climes.

Solid ride, with great traction and handling. A great buy.

Ian Mackay   Cross Country Rider [Mar 29, 2007]
Strength:

So smooth beautiful balance awesome suspension,brakes,frame a work of art

none except price because of our greedy government

fantastic value compared to big names like specialized,giant etc with same equipment they're nearly twice the price yet the merida frame is hydra formed has needle roller bearings in all pivots is super beefy and looks fantastic its the WR450 of montain bikes

Similar Products Used: Merida Matts Speed disc HFS frame deore magura julie brakes manitou elite fork
Ray   Cross Country Rider [Mar 02, 2008]
Strength:

Great mean attacking looks with it's silver and black like the Oakland Raiders of the 80's. Excellent suspension that absorbs practically anything on the trail without losing your traction (confidence builder). Frame is relatively light for an all mountain.

None other than the fact that the small frame is not fitted with a bottle cage bolt set.

This bike is one superbly designed bike that can rival the other big name manufacturers of course without paying a ransom. As an aggresive XC and AM rider, I find that the ride is so plush, thanks to the RP23 rear shock and gives you confidence both on climbs and descends. The bike is slightly heavier compared to the Mission 2000 and it took me a few rides to get adjusted to it especially on climbs as I found it slower now on the climbs. Still there's no regret replacing my old XC bike as the the ride is so smooth that it makes you want to look for bumps and humps for jumps. The looks are a killer that exudes aggresiveness out on the trail. It doesn't carry though the bling factor of having an Ellesworth or Cannondale or Specialized. But if it's performance,rideability and affordability that is what you're looking for, then this bike is it. At the end of the day, when the bikes are all covered with mud, you can't really tell the difference anymore.