Marin Wolf Ridge 6.9 All Mountain Full Suspension

• Pedals: Shimano M424 Clipless
  • Chain: SRAM PC-951
  • Rims: Mavic XM-719, 32 Hole Disc

Dave B   Weekend Warrior [Dec 09, 2009]
Strength:

1. The Standard kit that came with it (All top end stuff).
2. Loves the descents.
3. Good Climber.
4. Killer Looks

Nothing, OK if im pushed the only thing I will change once I have the funds are the the rims and this is just a personnal thing as I like to run UST / Tubeless.

I got this for a bargin in the sales this year (£1699 down from £2800). As I have already stated for the price you can not beat the kit that came fitted with it.
The bike itself handles like no other bike I have had before, it rips up tight singletrack without a second glance.
The descents are a blast and it takes both big and small hits in its stride. The frame is also very stiff without hardly any flex what so ever.
In regards to climbing this too is a joy (I did just have a Scott Ransom which was rather lardy), just flick the Pro Pedal Lever (It has 3 settings) and away you go without any rider induced feedback at all I would say this is on par if not better than the Intense 6.6 I had and that is saying something!!
For UK buyers the mud clearence is excellent, i'm running 2.35 tyres and ride in all conditions and never had a problem at all with mud build up around the frame.

All I can say now is BUY ONE you will not regret it.

Similar Products Used: GT Zaskar, Proflex Animal, Cannondale M600, Specialized Enduro, Voodoo Ogun, Intense 6.6, Scott Ransom, Norco A Line
OVERALL