Marin Rock Springs All Mountain Full Suspension

• Front Derailleur
  • Hayes Hydraulic Disc
  • Shimano 32 Hole Disc

mulley   Weekend Warrior [Jan 30, 2009]
Strength:

fun, easy to ride hard, loves down hills ok up,

rear mech hanger already on 3rd one and thats been straightend once, rear sram x7 mech snapped during an xc race for no obvious reason, cheap hubs wore out in no time

even though i have spent some money on keeping it going it realy does get used well in all weather and for down hill to xc racing, although it will never win an xc race but is fun watching the serious boys going slow down the drops and big roll ins.

Kevin McMahon   Cross Country Rider [Jul 26, 2006]
Strength:

Everything as far as performance. With 4" to 6" of travel, quick release, in the rear and 5" in the front this bike will do anything. It's my first full suspension and I have seen the light. You can hit a wall and the bike will find a way over it and sill give you all the control in the world.

The weight made me timid at first, 30 lbs, but that went away as soon as I experienced the performance. I guess the only thing I can say is the components, deore all around, but that sh*t breaks and all I need is an excuse to upgrade.

For the retaill price of 2k I would expect better components, but what it lacks there it totally makes up for in performance. This is a great x-country/lite freeride bike. I hit 4' drops and its like landing on a pillow.

Peter   Weekend Warrior [May 09, 2007]
Strength:

Frame and suspension. I love the way the bike rides. You can set the feel of the rear anyway you like. Good climber and very controlled on the decents. Virtual pivot point rocks!

None. Maybe weight, but for $1,100 who cares? I think of it as getting a better workout.

What can I say. Marin is an unsung hero in my book.

Similar Products Used: First full suspension. I come from a hardtail bike. I am blown away with what a full suspension bike can get through.
Michel   [Feb 16, 2007]
Strength:

The rear wheel gives a lot of traction during climbs. Rear travel works great while braking. Enough space for 2.5 tires. Great Fox front and rear suspension.

You can't slide the seatpost all the way down. You have to change the rear shock air pressure to get the most of the 4" or 6" settings. Power Spline B/B isn't very strong. Week derailleur hanger.

This is a great trail bike. The geometry is perfect for descending, yet still climbs very well. The rear wheel seems to push you forward on the uphills. A bit slack for XC riding. Handles pretty well in ski resorts if you treat it accordingly. The 5" setting gives the best of both linear and progressive travel.

I'm 5'10' and the small 15.5" frame fits great (the total seat tube is 17"). I have to use a longer 400mm seat post for XC rides. Pick a medium if you're taller than me, but keeping a shorter top tube makes this bike come alive.

I broke the Vanilla fork during the first week. The lowers were replaced for free by Fox and it has performed well ever since.

The pivot bearings are has good as Marin claims. I've given deep mud baths to this bike all summer long and it's still runs smooth.

A great package for the money, perfect for all mountain riding.