K2 Bike Factory 4.0 All Mountain Full Suspension

• Fork: Marzocchi XC600 TST2, 140mm Travel
  • Shifters: Shimano Deore Rapidfire Plus
  • Bottom Bracket: Shimano Outboard Bearing

Roughrider   Cross Country Rider [Sep 15, 2012]
Strength:

Nice components for the money. The stock Shimano disk brakes are great. Very solid feeling bike, but not too heavy.

Paint scratches easily.

I've ridden my Factory 4.0 for a few years and I've come to really like it. It's built solid and I haven't had any problems at all, but I do maintain my bikes very well. The riding position is a bit more upright than I was used to with the bikes that I owned before, but they were cross country bikes. I consider this to be more of an all mountain bike. Lots of plush travel. Great for drops and holds the trail nicely.

kabrn34   Cross Country Rider [Feb 24, 2011]
Strength:

Great Travel

I would have to say the front shock, the Marzocchi XC600 TST2 & the front tire rubbing on the 8" roters.

I should of done more research before investing in this bike. I didn't plan on buying a halfworking bike and am disapointed in the malfunctioning of it, as well as performance unable to help me out in a bike I've riden for 1 full season. It may be a better bike for the paved trails. Perhaps I just got the lemon, don't know

GSMCEADS   Weekend Warrior [Oct 02, 2009]
Strength:

Strong, sturdy

brakes, performance bikes...

I love the bike. The brakes were actually recalled for leaking at the piston seal... couldn't bring my self to go back to performance, philly, pa... yes, that bad. started leaking, replaced with shimano XT and now everything is awesome!!! Really love it.

Similar Products Used: merida, cannondale
hafdolla   Weekend Warrior [Feb 14, 2009]
Strength:

Great adjustments on X-Fusion rear shock and the Marzocchi front fork. Front fork as plenty of travel and settings for my size (6'2", 220 lbs), and the rear can be set as stiff or cushy as you'd like. The stem height adjustment system is very nice as well, so that I can pull the stem higher than normal so I'm not leaning on a 90 degree angle for the shorter stem bikes (I have the XL frame).

Although I do like the front fork, it doesn't feel as sturdy as I would like with my size. Although, to be honest, I'm comparing this feeling to bikes that costs 2 times the price of what I paid for this K2!

For everything you get (crank brothers smarty clipless pedals, hydraulic disc brakes w/180mm front rotor, rear derailleur, Marzocchi XC600 TST2 front fork, X-Fusion OC2 rear shock, schimano triple cranks and the light weight make this an unbelievable bike for this price! I was worried about the state of the K2 brand, but you just can't beat this deal!