Iron Horse Sachem 6.0 All Mountain Full Suspension

• Rear Shock: Fox Vanilla R 7.875"X"2.25"
  • Handlebar: Syncros gain 6061 OS
  • Stem: Syncros Race DH
  • BB: FSA ISIS, 73X118MM
  • Crank: Race Face Ride XC, 170MM

ajross23   Weekend Warrior [Dec 26, 2008]
Strength:

Travel, Front fork, Front axle, brakes, bashguard, climbing ability.

Grips, weight, pedals, and seatpost

The bike climbs well for as heavy as it is. I can keep up with most XC riders on the way up but I blast by on the way down. Bike takes care of business at keystone and winter park on the blues, blacks, and double black diamond trails. Handles the 5 to 7 foot drops with ease but not enough travel for the larger drops.

Similar Products Used: Giant, Diamond Back, Mongoose
OVERALL
Alejandro Q   Downhiller [Aug 13, 2008]
Strength:

strong frame, good geometry, decent travel (front and rear), good brakes, decent components, great price for the combo.

weight, should come with platform clipless pedals, should come with a stronger rear wheel skewer or with axle system as it has on the front.

It is a great All-Mountain bike that can take a beating in more aggressive scenarios, such as light downhill and freeride, which is the kind of trails and places I ride in the most. The only parts I've replaced are the pedals (normal platform to clipless platform) and the saddle (I smashed it on a hard fall). It has resisted more than I thought it could; consider the fact that I've been riding with only DH'ers and FR'ers for the last few months. Before that I was more into the XC/AM side, and it could climb quite well. So, considering the fact that it has performed for me on both the XC and the DH/FR sides of MTBing, you could say it is a great Agressive AM bike.

OVERALL