Ibis Mojo All Mountain Full Suspension

The XTR equipped Mojo Carbon weighs in at a slim and trim 24.7 lbs in a large. That's an astonishing weight for an all-mountain bike with 5.5" of travel front and rear. That's 140mm of travel front and rear for those of you over there in Europe. Oh and 11.2 KG. Ibis doesn't use any "cheater" lightweight parts to keep the weight down, either. These bikes are built to ride, right out of the showroom.

• Carbon monocoque frame and swing arm
  • 5.5" (140mm) rear wheel travel
  • DW-Link Suspension
  • Forged and nickel-plated links
  • Easy to service pivots and bearings
  • Lightweight (sub 6 lb) frame, swingarm, rear shock; 25 lb complete bike weight

• User Reviews (210)

bigfred   [Feb 10, 2018]
    Pros: Great bike for climbing Lightweight and DW link I've ridden this bike since 2007 and still love it!
    Cons: Not a slack HT angle like so many of today's bikes, which is why it's my go to for big climbs.
    Price: $1750 frame only   New/Used: New   Model Year: -
    fffelix   Weekend Warrior [Aug 24, 2015]
    Strength:

excellent rear suspension (using RS Monarch +), customer Support (thanks to Scot), design

cable routing of the first Generation bikes, bottle cage position

superb bike; I tried most suspension designs over the last 15 years, but this DW-link suspension beats them all

Ian Woodford   [Jan 27, 2014]
    Strength:

Agility, Speed, Crazy Light, Very Responsive, Sexy

One of the best all mountain bikes I have ridden. My bike has the Avid Elixir 7 brakes and Fox suspension build out. I have never had great luck with X Fusion shocks so I would advise against them. First thing I noticed on this bike is its extreme responsiveness. Even rode it 3 days downhilling including Whistler and it held up great. The big rocks will tend to bounce you around a bit more but that is expected since it is super light bike and not designed for burly downhill mountain riding. A truly great value for the price. No regrets with this purchase.

Eder   All Mountain Rider [Jan 22, 2014]
    Strength:

Lateral stiffness, pedal efficiency, suspension, weight, geometry, dh capability.

Hummm, I really don't notice weakness in this amazing bike.

I've had many full suspension bikes. This is the art state trail/am bike. I use Fox 36 180 air and CCDB CS air, what makes the Mojo HD be so good almost as DH specific machines. After many years, finally, I believe had met my definitive "do it all" bike.

Similar Products Used: Specialized SJ FSR, Cannondale Moto, GT Fury Carbon, Evil Undead Carbon, Remec WC Carbon, UMF Freddy,
    dfaith   [Oct 29, 2013]
    Strength:

Sexiest frame on the market, suspension design killer. I like the fact all efforts were put into the frame and ride quality and not parts like some other manufacturers do. Parts always wear out, replace as needed, the bike is worth it.

NONE

Over 3 years of hard riding in ever condition imaginable, including heavy rain and snow, never a ride less that 3 hours. Not a single breakdown. She ascends as if she has wings, descends with a single minded purpose, to give you pleasure. Clean, inspect and service a bike at the end of every ride and you will catch things that wear out before they let you down. Everything is arite on my SL.

Leah   All Mountain Rider [Jul 19, 2013]
    Strength:

Once tuned feels good to ride

Cost of bike, build, IBIS CUSTOMER SERVICE

I will admit that this bike rides very well, however the build of the bike is somewhat suspect and after a year of moderate riding the bike has and is falling apart. Wheels, shocks, pivot bearings, etc have all had major service. Even worst is dealing with Ibis to rectify and issues. Not returning emails or phone calls or providing little guidance seems to be the norm... Looks as if Ibis is headed down the road of other boutique brands - High cost / poor service.

inter   Weekend Warrior [Jan 04, 2013]
    Strength:

Beauty, lightweight, excellent CS, agile handling, climb fast, downhill fast, efficient pedaling. I am so happy with this bike. Plenty stiff for me.

Head angle could be slacker, like 67.5deg instead of 69. can be done with works component. A bit nerveous for the first 4 rides.

Mine is Ibis Mojo SL Special Blend, with xfusion velvet fork. At first, the fork was stiff, it took about 4 rides to break in. Now is performing very well. Coming from 32.5 lbs beast, this bike is light at 27lbs including gravity dropper, bottle cage, and mini pump on the frame. Climbing is fast, great handling all around, boost my confidence on some climb and drops. I cleared a climb that I never cleared before, and I did a drop that I never did, maybe because my mojo was elevated too.

I got this bike a week before thanskgiving, first week wasnt too happy with the fork, after 5th and more rides, it feels great now. I am xc rider with light AM style, occasional drops under 3 ft.
    Price for Special Blend was great, cant complain for under $3000 with full carbon.

Similar Products Used: Felt Compulsion 3
    Eric H   All Mountain Rider [Dec 26, 2012]
    Strength:

Weight, Looks, Ability to do all and do it well, almost zero pedal bob, etc etc etc

Cane Creek 40 headset sucks that came with it, OE tires leave something to be desired, and It wasnt free???

Ive ridden and owned a ton of top name bikes. Im one of those guys that cant help himself and gets new bikes more than I should until now. I will not own another bike, period. I snagged a great deal on an upgraded 2012 Mojo HD 160 with XT components, upgraded wheels, Float 36 RC2/Float RP23 Kashima and Easton Carbon bars for under $4000 shipped new. This bike just blows me away. It can climb better than most every XC bike Ive owned, It descends better than any AM bike Ive ever owned. It weighs in right around 27lbs which for a 160mm travel bike with heavy duty components is incredible.

The one suggestion I have, go with a 1x or 2x drive-train option like the SRAM XO. Mine came with the 3x10 XT and honestly you just don't need all those extra gears on this bike plus it made chain slap/drop chains an issue. Tires aren't the best and also the Cane Creek 40 headset is pretty crappy, doesn't stay tight.

Other than those few issues this bike is honestly a do it all bike. I am impressed every time I take it out. The DW suspension is stunning, literally almost no pedal bob. Not to mention the aesthetics of this bike, I get stopped all the time on the trail asking about it. Just a piece of artwork if you ask me.

Similar Products Used: Most of the major brands of AM and XC bikes
    PJM   Cross Country Rider [Dec 14, 2012]
    Strength:

Has not broken!!!! NOT ALUMINUM!!! High-tech materials with high technology fabrication
    and you have the IBIS mojo....sl or HD...dont care. Light strong and a perfect replacement for
    your BEERCAN BIKES.....ALUMINUM IS DEAD.....

Damage from rock hits... This is easily SOLVED by flipping your bike upsidedown and layering some clear SILICONE glue under the downtube and under your chainstais and BB area.
    This bounces any rocks off of this carbon frame and offers a perfect rubber protective coating
    that can be customized by any owner.....I have it 1/4" thick where any rocks typically hit frames.

This is a follow-up review after 2.5 years of HARD RIDING...I am 200lbs and do not "Jump"
    over anything....I have Broken EVERY ALUMINUM FRAME I have owned within ONE year
    of ownership. I am now DONE with aluminum frames....This frame does it all.. I must say the FLEX issue is non- existant......I believe the flex is only the combonation of the rear end sinking
    into its travel along with the wheel itself that the person is running.....Its the combo dummy....the rear end is solid and bomber.. This frame with a top end fork is not touchable....beautiful.
    Thanks Scott Nicol for coming back to your roots....I am impressed......