Gary Fisher Hifi Deluxe All Mountain Full Suspension

Frame HiFi Platinum Series 6061 T6 buttet and formed aluminum. Disc specific. G2 Grometry. Asymmetic swingarm with FourBarrel dropout pivots Wheels Bontrager Race Lite Disc. Bontrager Jones XR 26x2.25/2.2 tires Suspension Manitou Minute Super Air w/lockout, 120mm travel. Fox RP23 Camponentry Shimano XTR rear derailleur + LX shofter & front derailleur.

Dan   Racer [Sep 17, 2014]
Strength:

Strong rims, super light, great suspension, and brakes are great.

Hard to adjust the front suspension and cheap cassette.

I have had this bike for 2 years. I have jumped 20 footers, raced and ridden every trail. Fast and light enough to keep up with a xc hardtail or strong and durable enough to keep with a downhill bike. This bike is more of a downhill bike, but I have raced xc on it and I does good. Carbon fiber is fragile. This bike is a beast!! I have had almost no problems so far.

xc/mxracer   Racer [Dec 10, 2011]
Strength:

fast light suspension

no abp propedal brakes

i got this bike as an 06 from ebay for an amazing price to race next season and i tested it briefly to make sure i built it properly and i've never seen a bicycle go so fast for under $2000. the fox track and there is minimal pedal bob. the only problem is that it is old enough where there is no abp so the suspension firms up when braking and the juicy five brakes don't grip very well at all but other than that i love it . i felt a connection with it immediately and it ships race ready so it just needs to be assembled and everything is adjusted properly right out of the box.

Similar Products Used: trek 4500
hifi71   Cross Country Rider [Oct 17, 2011]
Strength:

soaks up the bumpy stuff. climbs well, crisp shifting. brakes are awesome (vs cable brakes).

Harder to lay over in turns vs my 18 yo 26er. Not liking the tires on this bike, it seems they don't have as much grip as I'd like. The back tire is rated tlr, but not the front tire (both wheels are rated tlr). I learned that the hard way while in the midst of a tubeless conversion. wtf is the point of having 2 tlr rims and 1 tlr tire?

I like this bike. I'm not a racer. I had back surgery and wanted a bike that would absorb some of the punishment of the trail. I can go downhill faster than I ever have on a bike, and the moments where I started to think "I'm going to die", the brakes/suspension reeled things back into control nicely. I like the fact that the minor issue I had with the rd was handled without hassle by the lbs and trek/gf. I was also considering buying the specialized epic, but the hifi won out due to price and the Gary Fisher reputation. Granted, there are lots of great bikes out there these days, I'm not really a brand snob. I'm 6-0, 220lbs and selected the 21" frame, which is on the large size for me, but it has lots of stand-over-height.

dascmo   Cross Country Rider [Aug 10, 2011]
Strength:

Great handling, 29er effects, suspension design.

Carbon seatstays are fragile!

Great bike, but I broke the seatstay on a slow-speed switchback tip-over onto a rock. Fisher/Trek have no more! Anybody have one for sale???

Similar Products Used: Specialized FSR
mountian   Cross Country Rider [Jul 14, 2011]
Strength:

Solid frame, Just the right of tuneability from the suspension, brakes (after ebc gold upgrade), brake levers

pedals, shifters and tires

When you do to her she is designed to do and push her over your limit then she does every thing she is supposed to do. Buy it if you are gonna up grade it. Ride the whole mountian all the way up and want a single track slot car with few bigger drops on the down.

Lock it out on the up, slam the seat on the down, modiulate them brakes, stick that leg out and load the saddle baby.

Similar Products Used: Cannondale super v, kona stinky
mtbiker165   Cross Country Rider [Dec 25, 2010]
Strength:

very strong and resposive bike! its an exelent climber pro pddle works well, even without it it clidbs like a mountain goat! then when it comes to the dh it suddenly turns into a monster, eating everything in its path like its never eaten before!

nothing so far!

this is a great allaround bike its super lite for a 5 in travel bike and for the money its the steal of the sentury!!!

Similar Products Used: hi-fi pro 29r.
bob29r   Weekend Warrior [Dec 17, 2010]
Strength:

Awesome suspension, handles great.

Bars too wide, Candy pedals difficult to get into. Cheap saddle.

My past GF bikes have fit me well and the value is certainly there, great frame warranty. It's at least 2 to 3 lbs heavy than any of my old bikes but it's faster.. go figure! I've had the bike for about 3 months and I'm very happy with it. The G2 geometry rocks!

Similar Products Used: GF Sugar 3, GF Mt Tam, Salsa Dos Niner
Maddytk   Cross Country Rider [Sep 21, 2010]
Strength:

Solid setup
29's roll over everything
No component issues thus far

Heavier than my hardtail
No rear lockout, but thats by design. No problems with this, although there is a bit of bob climbing.

Love, love this bike. fs and 29's have made me a much better rider. Have had no issues whatsoever. Got this 2010 on a great sale (25% off) after returning a Giant XTC1 hardtail due to excessive break vibration. This bike has the same brakes but not a peep out of them yet. Nothing better than riding thru the forest on a silent bike!

Slime tubes have eliminated annoying thorn flats, but plan on going tubeless.

6'2" - 21" is right on.

Similar Products Used: first fs
osun   Cross Country Rider [Jun 17, 2010]
Strength:

120mm ~ 140mm fork travel

140mm fork travel

nice price!

Similar Products Used: scott genius20
jes.meier@gmail.com   Cross Country Rider [Jan 30, 2010]
Strength:

Light-weight full-suspension bike that handles well and makes you think you can take on anything.

No major issues yet, aside from the annoying brake squeal. The Fox RP2 rear shock does a good job, but is On-Off only. May switch out to the RP23 for more adjustment options.

Bought the bike to replace my old abused Stumpjumper hardtail, got it at the end-of-season price back in August. Ended up with the 2009 26" version; originally was going to get the 29er but the large frame was completely sold out for the year. I'd demo-ridden a guy's 29er, and it was a fast bike. The bigger wheels really get you moving, and can probably shave some time off your ride if you're racing. If you're doing slower, more technical rides, probably not gonna make any difference. No major complaints about the 26" bike, love the improved handling over the roots and rocks. The suspension does it's job well. The trails were my old bike bounced around on roots like a pogo stick are far more enjoyable, and stuff I wouldn't have thought attempting before now look manageable. It's not a heavy-duty downhill bike, so while it's a wonderful cross country ride, I won't be taking any big drops on this frame. Rode it all this past fall around the trails here in the Greensboro area, and just came back from riding Balm Boyette down in Florida. This bike made some insane trails a whole lot of fun- Abyss and Ridgeline were a blast. The light frame let me fly along, and it climbed hills incredibly well. Doesn't feel like I'm losing any energy to the suspension. Stock Bontrager tires are great for the terrain here in NC, but the rubber is soft, so the rocks are tearing up the treads rather quick. Took the Florida terrain really well, handled sand and hard-pack great. Seeing a bit of ghost-shifting on climbs, but I think I just need to make a few adjustments to the rear derailer. I went with the Twist shifters, personal choice, lets me keep a good grip on the bike at all times. I don't think you can go wrong with a Hi-Fi if you're looking for a great ride.

Similar Products Used: Old bike was 1997 Specialized Stumpjumper Pro hardtail.