Ellsworth Epiphany All Mountain Full Suspension

Ellsworth Epiphany All Mountain Full Suspension

Taking the legendary performance and handling of the Epiphany and adding 40% larger wheels while maintaining the same geometry as it's 26" counterpart, the Epiphany 275 is great option when choosing your next trail/all mountain bike to ride anything, anywhere! 27.5" wheels are here! Not sure if you want to go 26" or 29" on your next trail bike? The new wheel size splits the difference and gives you the best of both worlds. Looking for a bike that can rail through corners, accelerate with lightening speed, keep your momentum going while rendering the roughest terrain smooth?! The Epiphany 275 delivers with a frame that is hand made here in the USA! This is the perfect bike for your ride everything and ride it hard all day long rides. Where will the Epiphany 275 take you on your next adventure? Features: -Sizes: S, M, L, XL -Available Colors: Blue, Black, and Nickel -Head Tube: Tapered 1.5", 44mm top and 56mm bottom headset cups -Suspension Linkage: Ellsworth ICT -Tire Clearance: 27.5" x 2.4" -Front Travel: 140-160mm (5.5-6.3") -Rear Travel: 140mm (5.5") -Rear Hub Spacing: 142mm x 12mm thru axle with carbon seat stay.

[Nov 22, 2013]
Diegobustillos
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Cornering. No brake jack.

Horrible small bump compliance. steep head angle for its intended purpose. A lot of BOB when pedalling.

I rode this bike for about 2 months. A lot of long climbs and steep terrain. The bike excels tight switchbacks and flowy trails. I found that if the terrain gets too technical the bike would get hung up on the back and would not respond very well. Climbing is absolutely dependent on pro-pedal and even then if you stand the shock will fully compress creating a lot of unwanted bob.

Trek Remedy, Turner 5 Spot, Specialized Enduro Evo, Pivot Firebird.

[Sep 01, 2013]
durianC

Strength:

Beautiful frame. Handles really well in the climbs and descents. I appreciate an American made frame.

Frame strength Warranty. I first saw Ellsworth at the Sea Otter Classic. After talking to the folks in the booth and explaining that my then current bike was 10 years old, they assured me that an Ellsworth would last me 10 years. Try less than 4. Last year my seat stay snapped. They crashed replaced my seat stay but I had to purchase new rockers to the tune of $400 for compatibility. Bikes all fixed up and 10 months later my seat tube snaps in half on a mild climb. I expect a lot more from a frame that is domestically built and carries a $2400+ price tag. I had been wanting to get a Moment and two of my friends drooled over the new Epihany 275 at this years Sea Otter. None of us will be buying Ellsworths in the future.

Beautiful bike. I'm a 220lb rider. Maybe if I was 170 I would buy it again.

[Jul 14, 2013]
Cody Ewing

Strength:

EVERYTHING!

NONE!

I am a 300lb rider. I ride 4-5 times a week and mostly through the dirt/sand lots and over enough curbs and wash board areas to satisfy anyone. The Epiphany is quick to react and is so easy to manuver that any obsticle seems trivial. When I do get a chance to do some climbs and rough decents, I never feel out of control and neverfeel that the rear sus has failed. This bike is the standard all bikes should be held to.

[Jul 27, 2012]
Randall Reel
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

The frame is light, ridged, strong, and has excellent trail feel. It possesses the very difficult to achieve quality of having plenty of travel and handling capability for tougher terrain without feeling soft climbing or on easy terrain. The more vertical angle of the top rear triangle arm contributes to the balanced feel and lack of negative traction issues from breaking/pedaling etc.

Hard to get the balance of low weight, 145mm + travel, "magic geometry", and rigidity.

Mine is built with XT and XTR, Chris King hubs & headset, Thompson seat tube & nick, ZDR rims, Nobby Nic tubeless. Also, Fox Talas and a DHX shock which works very well, better downhill capability.

Possibly expensive depending on your budget.

Strongly recommended for all mountain riders for whom climbing efficiency is important as well as excellent downhill capability. Very few aluminum bikes can combine the factors: weight under 28lbs, strength/rigidity, handling capability, and feel like this one does. I’ve ridden Ibis, Santa Cruz, Yeti, Pivot, BMC, Intense, Devinci, and others.

The frame is manufactured in Washington and/or Vancouver by aerospace welders etc. There are just a handful of mountain bike manufacturers in the US and Canada that are not made in Taiwan.

[Feb 21, 2012]
Zach Attack
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

this bike has a monster tapered head tube, ICT Suspension is very fluid and reliable, the SST.2 tubing is also a very nice feature, lastly the fact that this can be a 22-24 lb. bike

none so far

This bike is an amazing ally on the trail, it is so reliable that i cant use it for everything from parks to the local cross country trails. Bottom line is that this is an amazing bike, capable of any thing you can throw at it.

[Dec 30, 2011]
Mapkos13

Strength:

The bike is super stable at speed. Great bump absorption. The ICT kicks butt with little pedal bob.
Light, fast and so far bullet proof!

I would say the cost but I got more than expected this round-

This is my second Ells and it is bad A$$! The Moment was great and this thing just rocks that with more travel and less weight. The attention to detail that Tony is putting into these is amazing. Nice little branding touches everywhere from the ICT in the rear to the support above the bottom bracket to the lock on handgrips.

This thing absolutely bombs down the trail taking everything you can throw at it. I run it a little stiffer than the 25% sag. The Fox shocks are super nice and offer tons of adjustability just need to dial her in and your set.

You could def. build this down to sub 23 lbs. I bet but I don't mind where it's at now. (26.4)

If you have the money or can find one. throw your leg over it and I'll bet you'll be trying to figure out a way to take it home.

Ellsworth Moment

[Sep 20, 2011]
Jack Jack

Strength:

Excellent to handle in tight singletrack, on extremely steep drop, the bike handle well, Stable on high speed downhills.

none for far..

Great bike to have despite the pricy tag
Medium frame was what I bought.
Bike was fitted with a 90mm stem and 680mm carbon low riser handlebar, which give me a good balance of quickness and control .
The ICT seems to have been purpose-made for adventure racing and endurance racing/epic/trail events.
As this was my first attempt in a full suspension bike
Alot of research had been
One of the major consideration was that the bike had to be stiff, efficient,low-maintenance,able to climb steep hill of all be robust enough to take my bashing.
2 Choice came to my mind , Turner and Ellsworth and due to the fact that the LBS make me a offer on the Epiphany that i couldnt gave up on. I took the bait
Bike was set up with 2011 XTR parts and the light weight Ellsworth XC wheel, so it comes in at just a little over 25 lbs or 11.4kg

The rear end look bling and is stiff thanks to the awesome ICT and the one-piece rear triangle that the bike encompasses

The rear 5inch suspension design is great for some crazy adventure racing and epic riding... Once you get the sag done up correctly, Climbing have no issue and even if it hits a bump,the suspension soaks it up.
The stiff and reliable 15mm thru-axle 140mm Fox fork also complements the frame perfectly. Its quite a adrenline rush to go up and down the trails especailly when going through steep drop or technical portion of a trail with a bike that take everything that you throw at it.

None so far

[Jul 26, 2011]
Bikethrasher

Strength:

Great all round Trail bike. One of the best suspensions on the market pretty light for and aluminum bike.
Made in the USA

Haven't had any issues with this frame so far.
I would like to see cable guides for my gravity dropper post and a BB30 bottom bracket shell. Ellsworth already addressed the tapered head tube which is great to see.
I do notice a little bit of kick back on ledgy terrain.
It dosen't handle out the saddle sprints as well as a DW link bike but I'm still faster on this bike at this point.
I'm not going to complain about the price a Stumpy S-Works frame is alot more and isn't any better.

This is a follow up review. I'm still very happy with this bike and havn't had any issues with any of the parts. The Edge wheels are still true after 1000 plus miles. The XX drive train is on its second chain and still running smoothly. The Formula R1s are working to perfection as expected. The Fox Fork and Shock are in need of a rebuild but that's to be expected at this point. The Gravity Dropper is awsome as expected I have yet to have an issue with any of their posts. The Thompson stem and King headset and BB Well they are Bomb Proof. XTR Cables and Housing are still the best out there.

I still feel this is one of the Best Trail bikes money can buy. Ellsworth keeps improving on a great bike that few riders will find fault with. I spent most of last summer trying to find something to complain about. There simply isn't much aside from personal nitpicking, it's that good.

Buy this bike if you love riding single track at high speed. Buy this bike if your a strong descender but need some climbing help it will help. Buy this bike if you 're still on the 9er fence. 5in travel 26in bikes are still faster and more capable than 9ers. Buy it if like me you can't stand paying the same money for a Big Brand Bike. Buy it because it's made in America.

If your like me and are still on the 26er/9er fence this is going to be a great year for you and I. Ibis, Pivot, and possably Stana Cruz are going to be bringing some longer travel 9ers to the market. This will be a make it or break it point for me. I've ridden some good 9ers but they still fall short when it comes to trail riding. I know more than a few people who love the 9er for racing but still trail ride on a 26er. Pivot and Ibis could change that. We will see this fall.

Always looking for the perfect Trail Bike.

Enjoy the Ride, Jamie

I ridden pretty much all the new non big brand bikes in this price range. Ibis, Turner, Yeti, Pivot, Ventana, Niner, Ellsworth, Foes. All these companies make great bikes it just comes down to what works for your style of riding.

[Jun 27, 2011]
nsynk

Strength:

versatility, pedability, suspension action, weight

Fantastic. Great bump absorption/ suspension action and pedals incredibly well. With the use of a cane creek angleset geometry is fine tuneable. I have mine set slack and low (67.5 degree head angle and 13.5 inch bb height). very stiff and direct and stable at high speed but handles well at slow speed too. Great bike. Importer Freeborn were really helpfull too. Price was comparable to other top end bikes.

orange sub5, marin ridge zone, Ellsworth id, Ellsworth moment

[Mar 23, 2011]
holywood

Strength:

Paint is awesome.Usa built.Climbs like a like an animal thats been shot at.

I was having problems with climbing on my old am bike so i started looking for a new frame.I got a sweet deal on this lightly used frame.I had to learn how to ride all over.It corners like its on rails.Where i had to push before,i can ride now.I can ride this bike farther harder and at a better pace.It is making me a better rider.To me its the best of both worlds am/xc.

Giant a/c2 Norco Fluid 1