Diamondback XSL Elite '05 All Mountain Full Suspension

• Hayes HMX-9 Hydraulic Brakes
  • SRAM X.7 9-spd Trigger Shifters

[Mar 29, 2010]
Farmhero

Strength:

Great downhill, handles jump well, very responsive! great on rough terrain. fairly light

could be better up steep climbs.

I love this bike! i think its a great ride, it was my first higher end mountain bike, and hasn't ever really let me down. i may only be 19, but i have put it through the pases, with about 4K on it! just now i need to replace the hubs, but i expected that i long long time ago! came with great components, and was a great value! A++ for one diamondbacks first high end bikes

Specialized Stumpjumper FSR

OVERALL
[Jun 15, 2009]
loosespoke

Strength:

Good components. The fox suspension works great, very plush.The hayes nine brakes work good and brake pads seem to hold up great.The sram shifters work even better than the shimano xt on my previous bike. Frame does not creak or make noise when peddling uphill.

The swingarm pivot seems anemic, it cracked after only a few rides. I don't do any big drops or jumps. I ride mostly x-country and i only weigh 130 lbs. It doesen't give me that warm fuzzy feeling when doing 30+ mph down hills, that's for sure! Manufacturer does not consider swingarm as part of the frame. (lame)

This bike comes with good components on it. It peddles uphills good and doesn't have any annoying creaking noises. However, i am not very impressed with the the frame strength. I have never had another bike crack for no apparent reason before. To make things worse, diamondback does not consider the swingarm as part of the frame, they say it is part of the suspension so it is has a seperate warranty from the frame.Luckily my bike shop stood up for me and got the swingarm for me at no cost.(they paid for it since diamondback wouldn't stand behind thier own product) The bottom line? It wasn't super expensive and had some great parts on it for the money, but i can't give this bike more chilis because the manufacturer should have better customer service. I mean, when you buy a frame it comes with the swingarm so why do they not consider it part of the frame?

Specialized fsr sport