Diamondback Mission All Mountain Full Suspension

Featuring 6” of front and rearTravel,The Mission isTruly an all mountain specialist. Light onThe climbs and confident onThe descent,The Mission is spec'edTo be a versatile and efficient rideThat is sureTo please riders of all styles. Frame: Mission All Mountain 6" 6061-T6 Weapons Grade Aluminum w/HydroformedTopTube, Butted / Formed DownTube / Seatstays, Under Arch Seatstay bridge,Tapered HeadTube Knuckle BoxTechnology, ISCG, 142x12mm E-Thru Axle Drop out Rear Shock: Fox Float, Adaptive Logic

Just want to ride a bike   Weekend Warrior [Mar 27, 2016]
Strength:

Feels good on the steeps
Affordable

front triangle brakes frequently
not a great climber for the class of bike

I bought my bike April 2013 and less than three years later I have broken the front triangle 3 times. I don't think I will get a warranty on the frame this time. For an all-mountain bike it sure spend a lot of time in the shop getting the frame replaced. I don't take this bike on the lifts and I don't live in an area where I am shuttling down hills all day. I agree with the reviewer who complained of the DB customer service stinks, my experience has been the same and it keeps getting worse. The frame quality is laughable. I'm 6'2" and 235 lbs. If your a bigger rider do not buy the Diamondback Mission and I am dubious about an of their other mountain bike frames.

Similar Products Used: Rocky Mountain Element
Santa Cruz super light
Specialized rock hopper
Salsa Horse Thief
surfknots   All Mountain Rider [Feb 18, 2016]
Strength:

2007 Mission 3 - A total Mule. This bike takes a beating and keeps going!

None really, I have an old bike that still runs strong with a lot of original parts. Lots of close tolerance pivots to keep quiet! Basic maintenance.

Obviously I'm working with the oldest version, but I can attest to the longevity of the bike when it is treated well after being used hard. Still running original X9 shifters and Shimano front mech., Easton neck and Monkey bars, RP23, seat and post. All else has been upgraded. Also switched to 2 chainrings and ground down 44 tooth ring to use as a basher. Switched to medium cage rear mech. for ground clearance (Big Difference - not so much tuning needed after riding tight single track).

Diamondback Customer Service - Don't know why others have such a hard time, my experience has been fantastic! I was looking for a nearly decade old replacement part (Knucklebox Pivot Assembly). The warranty dept. found one in the back storeroom and sent it to me! Was not expecting that to happen, they saved me a hassle at the bike shop for sure.

fusterated mountain biker   Weekend Warrior [Oct 23, 2015]
Strength:

Solid on the descents.

Climbing
customer service
frame quality

climbing anything steep and it is a fight to keep the front end on the ground. The bike wants to wonder on technical climbs. I have broken the frame twice in 2.5 years and although DB has warrantied the frame DB customer service is terrible and don't, i repeat don't, take your bike to Dick's Sporting Goods even if you have to drive an extra hour to warranty your bike. For an all-mountain bike that boasts its strength is descending the quality of the frame is substandard and you will experience the headache and additional costs of replacing frames.

The saving grace for the value rating is that I purchased this bike on Promotive so I paid about 30% less than retail.

bambut jutz   [Jun 18, 2014]
Strength:

stating the obvious, downhill, this bike is well designed, cornering, handles really, really good, specs are really nice, fox ctd suspension, float 36 160 mil front, and back, sram and shimano derailer, shifters, avid elixir brakes, 200 mil disc brake in the front, 180 at the back, can really stop on a dime.

weight, roughly around 32sh or so lbs heavy, still need to upgrade to a dropper post

2014 db mission, overall probably rate this bike as a 4/5. the bike really handles like a gem on switch backs, going downhill, cornering really excels. climbs pretty good considering the head angle is around 67 deg i think. this is my first fs bike, first one was a gt karakoram 29er, so i always compare the two, pros and cons. on the climb, i find myself leaning forward more compare to my 29er(again head angle this bike being an all mtn bike). the reward is on the way back to the parking lot, considering most trails usually starts out with the climb right away so at the end of the ride you'll be all smiles riding back to your car. you can easily get carried away cause this bike handles very well going down.

Sam Robbins   [Mar 10, 2014]
Strength:

Descends well and the frame is stiff. I've taken over 4ft drops and it takes the hits well; that is saying a lot because I weight 230 lbs on a good day. It's a solid bike for us big boys and DB has been good to me on the warranty. I must have gotten a lemon and broke the frame in 6 months. DB sent me a brand new frame and paid for all the work to swap out all of the components. I also warrantied the seat-stay and DB didn't give me any trouble. I can't say the same for the bike shop I've had to work with.

Many people complain about the bike being heavy, but like I said, I weigh 230 lbs on a good day, so I can't complain about a bike that weighs a couple more pounds than other similar bikes. Needs a dropper seat. Also the brakes are squeaky buy I don't notice that on the single track.

I felt like I needed to write a review for bigger guys looking for a new bike. You can't take advice too seriously for 160 and 170 lbs guys that work at a bike shop. They will never understand how often big athletic guys break our bikes. Next time I will buy two bikes so I always have a bike to ride when I have to warranty a frame.

Unfortunately, I live 2.5 hours from the nearest DB dealer so warranty issues are a pain. On the other hand, I've been able to work directly with the DB warranty department. I've emailed them pics and video and they shipped the seat-stay directly to me.

Similar Products Used: Specialized Rock Hopper and Rocky Mountain Element
Philip McCombie   Weekend Warrior [Oct 17, 2013]
Strength:

A versatile bike & good value.

TORA 318 front fork in inadequate for jumps & steep downhill runs.

I consider the color of the bike as battleship grey - so I figure the bike is more military than sporting. Easy enough to ride on the pavement, easy enough to ride on the beach at low tide. It will go up hills & won't break on rough tracks. It won't win a sporting event but it might win the war. If you want bling then get yourself some gold teeth & earrings.

Similar Products Used: Mongoose ECD, Norco Atomik, Mongoose Otero, Mongoose Tyax
Bryan   All Mountain Rider [Mar 30, 2013]
Strength:

I got this bike last year and it is fantastic. It eats up the trail, loves to jump, and sucks up steep rollers. You can ride it everywhere. It is stiff, strong and instills confidence in the rider. It has been extremely dependable and has been riden hard 3-5 times a week. It wanted fox suspension at an affordable price and Diamondback was a great choice. Specialized and Giant were 1500 -2000 more. The 36 Fox float fork was icing on the cake.

It is heavy but the stiffness and dependabilty more than makes up for it. It is tough to make very steep climbs which is also made up for on the downhills and everywhere else. I replaced the weak wheelset after a few months with $300 freeride wheels from Spank.

Affordable, stiff, strong, dependable & AWESOME!

capt.balljack   All Mountain Rider [Mar 21, 2013]
Strength:

Fit and finish is top notch. Bottomless travel. Confidence inspiring. Quiet. DB is returned to it's former glory.

Maybe a bit spendy. Resale. Hecho in China.

I love this bike. My last 3 bikes have been SC Hecklers and this one just blows doors on them. I hate leaving reviews for several reasons, but when I noticed that nobody has come forth about this bike, I felt it my duty to end the silence. I climb with it I rip down with it and it tips the scales @ 28lbs.! DB, at one time was the best. Then something hapened and they were crap. Now they have reinvented themselves and are most likely the most underrated bike out there. Lots of deals out there for this one. For sure worth a look.

Similar Products Used: Santa Cruz Heckler, Foes XCR, Intense 5.75
Hidayat   All Mountain Rider [Sep 28, 2012]
Strength:

suspension is a RP23 High Volume making the suspension feel more linear. the bike feels great when ur hucking and can really take a pounding.

the linkage nuts came loose on the trail..locktight fixed that. alittle heavy but not so u notice on the trails. the rear shox need to be pumped just a little higher than spec or else it will feel sluggish. climbing is good as long as u engage the propedal.

i bought the frame only on ebay because it was cheap. USD500 brand new! (shipping included) i wasnt expecting much from a diamondback frame. now my perspective of DB has totally changed with this bike. its such a good bike at such an afforadable price point. too bad many riders out there still thinks DB is a grade B product. DiamondBack is freaking ACE!

lifanus   Weekend Warrior [Jul 22, 2012]
Strength:

Stable ride (the faster the speed, the more stable it becomes)
Much better cornering compared to my old XC frame
Easy rear suspension maintenance
Confident inspiring during descents, the drops that I was afraid to do with my old xc frame now is a piece of cake.
Climbs well even without a lock out rear shock.

A bit heavy
Hard to find rear triangle bolts and nuts, have to order a whole kit including bearings with Diamondback for over $100 even if you just need a replacement bolt.

Got the frame used to replace my old XC bike. What a difference in ridding quality. I was so afraid on my old XC because it was really hard to control going fast or slow and now I can climb and drop all the parts of the trail that I was afraid to do with my old frame.