Cannondale RZ One Forty 5 All Mountain Full Suspension

• Spokes: DT Swiss Champion
  • Tires: Kenda Nevegal, 26 x 2.1", wire bead
  • Shifters: SRAM X-5

dannyburris   Weekend Warrior [Nov 19, 2011]
Strength:

Smooth ride, 140 mm travel, Kenda Nevagals and Cannondale "grind" pedals.

Shock seems to let air pressure out slowly.

I picked this bike up for 400.00 less because it was last years model.The bike rides great and is pretty smooth. I am a big guy at 6'0" and 285 pounds. I was afraid that I was too big for a full suspension but so far it seems good. I took it out to Santos in Ocala for a 13 mile ride and found myself doing a few things I would have never thought I could do. Having full lockout on both shocks is pretty much normal for most bikes, but it is nice for those road rides around town.

OVERALL
anonymous   Weekend Warrior [Jan 11, 2011]
Strength:

I've been riding a 1999 Klein Adroit and I thought it was pretty good; however, my new One Forty 5 is light years better! The RST Deuce 140mm forks, X-Fusion 02 RLZ, and the RZ One Forty frame are the strength of this product. I was able to get this at a very nice price...last year's closeout model and it's brand new! The bike inspired me to ride with confidence. There were several places where I'd dismount my old Klein and walk; however, I was able to ride down the very technical sections. The 140mm travel makes a world of difference.

This bike is the entry level bike. I don't know if my shock, fork, or frame is weak. The only benchmark I can compare it to is my hardtail Klein and as I mentioned before, the One Forty 5 blows the Klein away. If I have to find a weakness, I would say the shifting. I had a shimano deore XT drive train on the Klein and it had dead on shifting and the Klein was very light..maybe 22 lbs compared to the One Forty 5 at 33 lbs. I have an SRAM X-7 derailleur and it doesn't have the "crisp" feel of a shimano XT. I found myself in between gears or over shifting. I took it back to the bike shop and they adjusted the rear derailleur, hopefully it works better.

I'm happy with this bike because my body takes less pounding now and it made me a little better ride. I couldn't pass up the killer closeout deal.

Similar Products Used: As I mentioned, this is my first full suspension bike and I appreciate the how it gave me confidence to tackle the technical sections...I still walk some sections, but I walk less now.
OVERALL