Cannondale Prophet 3Z All Mountain Full Suspension

• Saddle: SDG BelAir SL
  • Seat Post: SDG I-BEAM SL 2014

[Nov 20, 2011]
Jon

Strength:

Light, Simple, and Fast

The Mavic rims, I've replaced them.

An overall great bike, it's old but simple. I am more into bike park (FR) riding more than anything, so I've replaced the FSA crank set with a gravity, 2 gear crank set. I wanted a bash guard for Free riding and the third ring was unnecessary. I love the option that you can position the rear shock from XC to Free Ride. Anyone who wants to take their riding to the next level with a light, simple bike should love this!

Cannondale Jekyll, Scott Genius, and Yeti 575

[Aug 07, 2010]
aroundoz

Strength:

Simple design, relatively light, jack of all trades.

Wheels

It's taken this long for me to warm up to the bike and really start liking it. The rear Mavic Crossland barely lasted a year before the hub went kapooyee. I wouldn't have expected this from Mavic even on their low end wheels but the reviews of this wheel speak for the themselves.

I know the Fox Talas is a highly regarded shock but after 2 years of playing with it and communicating w/ Fox (very friendly and helpful) it simply ate me up on the bumps. Believe it or not, the Nixon was a huge improvement and I couldn't ask for a better fork (except for the hex key thru axle).

I have seem some reviewers say the single pivot design doesn't work. It does work and works great. Giving it 4 chilis for value due to the crap wheels.

Jeckyl

[Mar 19, 2010]
mtbprophet17

Strength:

Great all around Bike, particularly for going downhill. Handles well and is very responsive. Juicy 7 brakes are a definite plus, and the handmade frame is great too. The Fox 32 talas is Reliable and soft, while being rideable and not too weak for heavy climbing. Great all Mountain Bike. UST.

If the bike is not set up properly, the back shock can be too soft. The Mavic Crossland wheels are OEM and not built for what the rest of the bike is meant for. I have bent them to a point where it could not be ridden.

Great bike, reasonable price for the quality of the bike. Ton of fun to ride, will take anything most people can dish out. It can handle anything from Downhill to cross country. I love the bike.

Specialized StumpJumper. Cannondale Scalpel 4000. Ironhorse Warrior Race. Cannondale F300

[Apr 06, 2007]
Christopher Gaunya

Strength:

Great all around bike. Rips on single track especially with the Fox TALAS at 120mm. When the going gets rough as it often does here in CT flip it to 140mm and let'r fly. Light hucking is no problem. Awsome bike all around.

None so far.

For the money in this class of bike I don't think you can do better for the money.

Foes FXR.

[Feb 25, 2007]
Joshua

Strength:

Everything. Adjustability, stiff, climbs well, goes down even better, and the parts spec, talas rlc, sram, avid, and ust's stock. oh yeah built in the U.S.A. by american hands.

Not a weakness, but seat is a bit firm for my taste, but LIGHT.

This bike is awesome. I tested every bike out there on this price range and below. Rode this bike and fell in love with it. Great turning, light (for 5 in. of travel), gotta love the talas rlc, and it soaks up everthing texas can throw at it. This is the first full sups. rig for me and I ask myself, why? why did it take so long? The adjustable frame geometry is pretty sweet, although I do almost all of my riding in the xc setting with the fox set at 120mm. If you are looking into this type of all mountain, do it all bikes, get this. You wont be sorry.

hardtails...

[Feb 11, 2008]
Omar

Strength:

components, quality, feel

I have changed so many bikes trying to find that one that will suit all my needs and i think this is it. This bike climbs so well for a 5" bike and it descends very well. i ride about twice a month b/c college sucks and its a worthy bike to go out and thrash. i had to get over the frame design; didn't think it looked very good, but one ride made me ignorant of all my small dislikings of the bike. I have a large and it still weighs just at 30 lbs, which is very light for a bike of this durability and girth (good word isn't it). all you need to do is try one out and you'll buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Specialized enduro expert, giant AC, Trek EX

[Oct 05, 2007]
jmx600 Maxfield

Strength:

This is probably the best all mountain bike I have ridden. After riding motorcycles and going back to mountain biking I never thought I could have such a fun ride. This takes up everything I can throw at it. First time I went down a hill and hit some rocks I thought I was back on my motorcycle. very fun although climbing back up without a motor is taking some getting used to. Tubeless tires have yet to show me a flat. 3 guys with me just last weekend had pinch flats.

I mostly run 140 on the front with the Talas RLC. I have played with the lockout blowout adjust. It works real well if you have several up and downs. overall this is an outstanding bike! I think for 08 the comparable bike would be the Prophet 1. It uses the same forks, they took a bunch of good components off of the 08 so I grab a clearance 07.

Pro Comp full suspension