Cannondale Prophet 2 MX All Mountain Full Suspension

• Bottom Bracket: TruVatiV Howitzer
  • Handlebars: FSA FR-330BOS, 40 mm rise

[Nov 02, 2010]
monkey1

Strength:

It just works. At very thing

Just a little to heavy,out of the box

Now they don’t make these any more, if you can get hold of an MX keep it. They just work well, I’ve hit DH with a coil over and big tyres, set in the 65.5 setting, and it just eats it. I am currently going light for some aggressive XC, it loves to just be ridden even with the 67, it still goes well, a bit of a slow climber, but every thing else is just so much fun
I’ve ridden other bikes, and had other bikes. But hell will need to freeze over before I let this go. A true all rounder that is as good as most of the new bikes, that are starting to get silly price wise. The only other bike I would consider would be a carbon rush frame just to get the weight down a bit.

giant trance, hard tails, giant dh, trek 888, 224,

[Jun 03, 2009]
pedro_paramo

Strength:

Everything, weight, components, how it looks, how it feels when going down, suspension really blocks (im 64 kg), great for uphill.

Seat............ tssss.......... it really sucks!!! The worst seat i have ever used. Blocking the rear suspension isn't as easy as blocking the front one.

Its a great bike, the best you can get cost vs. features, light for up hill, extremely fun for down hill.

Trek 4100 (not similar but former bike)

[Jun 19, 2008]
Johnny G

Strength:

Bike is solid. I've got off a couple of times and the frame suffered no damage. Not even a paint chip. Looks amazing - Jet Black. light enough for cross country, just at 31 lbs with my set up, and with 5.5" of travel it's burley enough for down hill. Handmade in U.S.A.

Stock tires and grips. Pedals are fugly but work just fine.

If you've got a couple thousand plus and want one bike to do it all, this is it.

1st fully owned - all others are hard tails

[Mar 21, 2007]
Nick G
Downhiller

Strength:

Stiff, strong, light, great parts spec; SRAM drivetrain, Magura Louise FR brakes, Sun rims. Makes you go fast and want to go faster! Pearl shock and Pike forks are easy to set up and dependable.
Great for epic rides, DH, jumping, quick blasts - best bike I've owned!

I guess the stock High Roller UST ST are a little draggy, and the saddle (Fizik Gobi Ti) makes my ass hurt, but I think it takes a while to break in ;-)
The Howitzer BB crank bolts shake a little loose every 30 miels or so, no biggy

Get this bike - awesome value and a great performer. Lets me do all my riding on one bike, and makes me do all of them faster!!

C'dale Gemini, Spesh SX

[Apr 11, 2008]
Fraser

Strength:

Frame, easy setup, comfortable, fast

Having issues with the tires, bars are bit too wide

I bought this bike at the end of 07 and been riding it ever since. It's my first full suss bike and I wanted an allrounder so decided on this, plus I saved £750 ($1,500) off the srp.

The only real issues I've been having are the tires. on long flat sections they ware you out with the massive amount of drag. And on mud they are not the best either. On gravel (wet or Dry) they perform at best. I am going to change them soon though. The saddle is also a sore point, but i will get used to it.

I generally do x country riding with rapid descent thrown in so have it generally set up in xc mode but it's still really fast downhill. I actaully raced it last year in a endurance XC race and thought the bike even did well there!

In conclusion I am well chuffed with the bike and would recommend it to anyone wishing either an allrounder, xc for long rides or FR!!.

[Jul 29, 2006]
Oskar

Strength:

Very Strong and durable. Excelent geometry. Ultra-Stiff Delta frame design. Nice color scheme (Jet Black). Very stable ride, swing arm in the back is bomb proof... The RockShocks Pike suspension element in the back performs well and has varity of adjustment. The Fork in the front (RockShocks Pike 409) has great value for the price and has as well a variety of adjustments. The Avid Juicy Seven Disc Brakes are a N1 brakeset (this stuff kicks but...)

The Highroller Tires (26 x 2.35) are a pain in the but, crazy rolling resistance on pavement but they are not for pavement anyways. They perform awesome on fast descends (Lose Terain), You feel like train coming downhill...
The Seat is not my Prefference (Fi‘zi:k Gobi Ti Flex) Mu but starts hurting after 30 minutes of riding.
The RockShocks Pike Fork is a little to plush sag goes in by 30% by just sitting on bike (but i am a heavy rider 240lbs)
A little bit heavy with arround 15 kilograms (Will save half a kilogram by changing tires to Panaracer Fire XC Pro)

Awesome Rig that needs small adjustments due to driver preference but that's a thumbrule when going for high End quality equipment. With this Bike you won't be disapointed.
If you want a lighter bike go for the All Mountain Prophet Series. (Big Mountain)Prophet 1 MX and 2 MX are overbuild (Stronger Frame than the All Mountain Prophet)

Cannondale Super V 1000 (98')
Cannondale Scalpel 1000

[Nov 06, 2007]
Oskar

Strength:

-Frame in general (geo, efficiency etc)

-none (Frame)
-Highrollers are little dragy

Update on the Prophet 2MX

I've been riding the Prophet MX now for over a year and I must say I love the bike. I've done some upgrades that I thought would be reasonable and effective to improve my riding experience. I love the aspect that you can ride this bike uphill and don't have to push like everyone else but can rip it on the way down like a Pure FR bike.
The next upgrade I am considering is a [Fox DHX 5.0] or a [Marzocchi Rocco] in 7.875 x 2.25 format. The standard would be 7.875 x 2.00 but you can use a 2.25 stroke in the XC setting and you will achieve allmost 160mm of rearwheel travel while the standard is close to 140mm.
Unfortunately the MX is no more available in 2008 as far as I know, at least not in North America. (propably not enough sales compared to the standard prophets) The MX, however, is still to have in Europe I think.
If you decide to go with the Prophet MX you won't be disapointed - It's the true 'Do-It-All-Bike' as Cannondale claims.

Transition DirtBag
IronHorse 6.6

[Nov 06, 2007]
Krusty

Strength:

Bombproof frame, extra large headset and handlebars

Stock pedals are ugly, stock grips suck

One of the best bikes I ever owned. This is like a mini-downhill bike only I don't have to push it on the climbs! I would recommend an even longer travel fork and rear shock like the MX 1, but the color for 2007 MX 2 kicks a*s!

Bighit 2, Slayer SXC 70, Judge 1, Dawg Deluxe

[Oct 04, 2007]
Bad MAN

Strength:

So far so good. overall finish on the bike is of a high std. chuckable feels strong and lightish. feels like a small down hill bike in the 65.5 setting.

Rear air shock is not going to last long me thinks. Some cheepo parts, but i only got the 3. Some chain guides will not fit. That about it for now

Feels like my Down hill bike but far more versatile, with lots of set up options. i have beefed mine up a bit due to the sort of riding i do, but it's still fantastic out of the box. I have the option of putting the twin ring back on, but i manage most of the hills near me, and i'm used to the push.

Norco six

[Jul 12, 2006]
robert roaquin

Strength:

frame angles the ride,sweet suspension (Pike & Pearl by Rock Shox)
Components, Sram, Avid ,its good to get away from the Shimanos and Manitous

nothing......maybe the grips and seat

I saw this Bike @ my local shop and fell in love with it instantaneously, I always liked Cannondales, but they really never had a freeride type bike that was lite and rideable uphills till now, I was considering a Foes Fxr for the Stiff ride, but i tell you the Rock shox Pearl 3.1 emulates that "Porsche type ride" and for the money you cant beat it. This Beast will Smoke Riders off the Singletrack, makes you ride better and stronger!!!!

Specialized Enduro, Jekyll, Foes Fxr