Cannondale Moto Carbon 2 All Mountain Full Suspension

mogligirl   Weekend Warrior [Oct 11, 2010]

This review is for the 2009 Moto Carbon 2
6 inches of travel + burly carbon frame = fun bike
Good component spec.
Good cush and good toughness.

Geometry pretty upright for its intended use, but I think they slackened it in 2010.
Cracked Frame
Cannondale Support

So, I bought the frame and then I found a crack. The guy I bought it from works for Cannondale. I've been working with Cannondale for over a year to get a replacement frame. Took more than a year to get, but then they didn't send all the linkage bolts. Finally decided to take it to a local Cannondale dealer to buy the bolt kit from them. That has taken over 2 months, and counting. They say they're having problems getting the parts, too. I've never been a fan of Cannondale and this seals the deal.

I've owned a couple of carbon Rushes and a couple of aluminum Prophets and wasnt' impressed. Other companies offerings are better. The lefty was a great idea but 15qr offers better torsional rigidity. Its outdated now. The RZ line interests me (owned a 2009 Rize 1) but definitely not going that route after this most recent experience.

Similar Products Used: Blur LTC (lighter, stiffer, stronger; gives up nothing on the downhills and you gain a lot of climbing ability