Bionicon Golden Willow Scandium All Mountain Full Suspension

Bionicon Golden Willow Scandium All Mountain Full Suspension

Based on this versatile concept we have created the Golden Willow SC for the competition orientated rider utilizing the proven Scandium frame material. The significantly lighter frame uses gussets and CNC construction to give strength where it is needed enabling the rider to attack the trickiest descents in spite of the slender weight.

[May 06, 2009]
tntmgmt

Strength:

lightweight / simple / easy variable geometry, long travel for lightweight bike. Many kudos to Mic and Paul at Bionicon for quickly and efficiently remedying initial problems (bike shop not a big help).

Switched out to twist grip shifters to provide more handlebar real estate for Bionicon button, and (future) addition of gravity dropper. Some technical issues (loose bolts, slow brake return)

I waffled on purchasing the Bionicon...as the idea sounded "too good to be true", and I'm not enthusiastic about being a first adopter of new technology (I hate working out bugs!). After demoing the Golden Willow, I was convinced that I'd want the Scandium for weight savings, and the bike has turned me into a better rider, with much more confidence. I especially like the tracking with the double crown fork. The bike would be great without the adjustable geometry, but that is the "icing on the cake". It especially shines in the climb, and then lets me get back on the downhill-2 bikes (or actually many more) for the price of one. Do not fear - embrace the technology!

Not so similar - Trek Fuel 90

OVERALL
[Aug 12, 2008]
cullen_bay
Downhiller

Strength:

adjustability

awesome adjustable bike. too heavy for some people but it feels lighter and snappier than it is. a lot better than alluminium version.

loads of demod bikes