VooDoo Zaka 29er Hardtail

• 1 1/8" headset
  • 28.6mm front derailleur

[Dec 30, 2010]
CRUM

Strength:

It's Titanium cleanly welded. That's a great start. The geometry and the fit did the rest.

Head badge fell off. So what.

The VooDoo "Dambala" was the best fitting and riding hardtail I had ever ridden.......Until I sat on this "Zaka". What a great ride. Same geometry, but the ride is noticeably better.

This is the frame for the guy who likes the Ti ride and wants a very agile 29er hardtail. Wonderful in the technical stuff.

VooDoo 29" "Dambala" - Steel version of this same frame.

OVERALL
[Mar 31, 2009]
endolife

Strength:

This frame is beautiful to look at, very light, and rides with a supple, yet somewhat springy feel that is never jarring. The handling is perfect - not too snappy, not too slow. It's a joy to ride. It comes with everything you need to ride geared or single-speed, disc or v-brakes.

I don't know if it's the frame, but under high pedal pressure, I hear a slight purr from the chain that I didn't hear with the same component set-up on a steel frame. I wonder if it's the Ti flexing a bit under load, but I need to check the chain line to make sure.

I got this frame on sale. If a versatile hardtail 29er is what you want, and if you can find one of these for a similar or better price (and I'm sure you can), buy it.

I've never had a Ti frame before, but it rides nicer and feels lighter than my Niner S.I.R. 9. I also have an older Salsa Dos Niner, and again I like the Voodoo better.

OVERALL