VooDoo Dambala 29 29er Hardtail

• Reynolds 853 butted steel tubing with head badge
  • Adjustable aluminum rear dropouts with built-in tensioners
  • Sloping top tube, extended seat tube, offset machined headtube
  • Detachable brake bosses

CRUM   Cross Country Rider [Jul 14, 2010]
Strength:

The 17" fits me perfect. I have only had one other bike fit me as well. Other than that, it's strengths are that it is steel, fits on 29' wheels, and it behaves wonderfully on our East Coast tight single track.

The Paint. I would have paid another $100 for a more rugged paint job.

I have quite a stable of rides. I have ridden none of them since putting my butt on this bike. The geometry, the feel of going rigid again - well I guess it is taking me back to 1985 when I started riding. Only now I have disc brakes and 29 inch wheels.

Similar Products Used: I have ridden steel for over 25 years. But this is my first 29 inch ride.
tsears   Cross Country Rider [Mar 23, 2010]
Strength:

Strong, light and climbs like a goat.

none so far

This bike is fast, light and steel. It feels comfortable in tight corners and screams through decents. I can't imagine anything it can't handle.

Similar Products Used: new to 29ers
jamis   Cross Country Rider [Sep 15, 2009]
Strength:

good geometry, newer dropouts are awesome, customer service

paint

Great ride. Customer service exceptional. Broke 2005 frame. Replacement frame in the mail shortly therafter, they added gussets after 2005. Only paid shipping and no hassles.

dp7373   Weekend Warrior [May 22, 2009]
Strength:

great frame

Great frame handles better than my previous bikes Its a xlarge frame takes a beating best frame Ived owned killer grafics

Similar Products Used: karate monkey khs solo one
Michael   Cross Country Rider [Apr 26, 2007]
Strength:

STEEL baby!!!!

Super smooth ride.

This bike rides so smooth I sold my FS bike.

Super stable rolls great. Super fast and comfortable during those not so short 24 hour races.

Great bike for endurance racing!!!!!!

Paint chipped off with in the first 3 months, so I had it powder coated black. Fixed that problem!!

Rear drop outs would move almost every ride. I called Voodoo and talked to them and they sent me out all new hardwear for the dropouts. Fixed that!!!

Great bike. I thought this would ride like my other two 29ers. I was wrong. The tubing flexes great and it craves the corners great!! This was a budget build and I will ride this for years to come.

If you are looking to build a nice 29er adn not drop a ton this is the frame to buy!!!!!

Similar Products Used: Fisher Mt. Tam 29er
Surly Karate Monkey
James Swanson   [Jun 11, 2005]
Strength:

Steel. Sliding dropouts for disc brake/single-speed. 29er magic. Clearance for 2.3 tires (WTB Exiwolf).

A bit expensive for a production frame.

This bike rocks! Very quick handling yet still stable at high speeds. I'm running it geared, but the sliding dropouts would work great for single speed with discs (much easier when removing the rear wheel than horizontal dropouts). As built it is a bit on the heavy side, but I plan on swapping the Marzocchi for a White Brothers BW .8 in the future (which will save 2 pounds and stiffen up the front end).

I love the roll-over capability, traction, and stability of the big wheels. Contrary to popular myth, 29ers are not slow handling - at least this one isn't anyway.