VooDoo Bokor One 29 29er Hardtail

VooDoo Bokor One 29 29er Hardtail

PerhapsThe most affordable and lightweight 29" wheel frames available! Bokorfeatures sliding dropouts, so its a snapTo ride geared or singlespeed,with no need for a separateTensioner. Adjustable drop outs have built inTensioners Oversized 7005 aluminumTubing SlopingTopTube Uses 29" wheels IS disc brake mount or Linear brakes Recommended forkTravel 4-5" Approximate weight 4.4 lbs Requires 68mm bottom bracket, 27.2mm seatpost, 1 1/8" headset, and 31.8mm front derailleur

[May 29, 2012]
grantw9066

Strength:

Price-best value around. Only $325!! I dare you to find a better deal.
Weight-relatively light weight frame. Can be set up as a light weight xc racer or a competent trail-bike.

Tensioners-the brake side dropout kept sliding forward on hard braking no matter how hard I tightened the supplied hardware. I eventually stripped out the threads on the dropout, but I remedied this problem by buying a slightly longer bolt that extended through the dropout. The longer bolt was then secured with a nylon locking nut. I have not had any slippage since the home repair.

Awesome deal. I would definitely recommend this frame for the rider looking for a competent trail-bike or budget xc frame. Good luck finding a better deal than this.

OVERALL
[Oct 24, 2011]
DentnBented

Strength:

Light. The Voodoo geometry. Many ways to set it up. Light. Efficient. Good stand over clearance. Great price point.

I'll post up when I find some. I've got about 80 miles on it so far...

Had a Canzo 29er for the last [4] years and really enjoyed it. I called it my'Recovery Incentivator' as it's cushiness helped me get back out on the trails after a car wreck and [3] years of surgery and recovery sessions. It certainly did it's job & in some ways I'm about as recovered as one might get. However, I'm still not able to make the most of the Canzo's suspension with my riding these days. The lightness and cross country efficiency of the Bokor looked awfully appetizing. It has NOT disappointed. The Bokor's frame geometry allowed for a majority of parts to trade over and the fit feels very similar to that of the Canzo 29er. I dig how the Bokor climbs and it's responsiveness. Those large diameter aluminum tubes do their job. I plan to truly 'wear it in' next weekend with an 85 mile trail/road ride around ATX - The Enchilada Buffet. Somehow, I'm thinking the bike'll come out of it better'n I will.