Vitus Nucleus 29er Hardtail

hydrolift   [Jan 31, 2018]
Pros: - Proper MTB, not a look-alike like the ones in the supermarkets. - Modern geometry. - Robust. - Great 740 mm bar, good lock-on grips and nice saddle. - 100 mm air fork with rebound adjustment (and not coil like most others at this price point). - Best spec for the money (at least what I have found so far and I have been looking like mad). It is a 2x9 and not 3x9 as indicated on Chainreactions website. Don't know if that is good or bad... I really recommend this bike to anyone who is looking for an entry level proper MTB.
Cons: - A bit heavy, you get what you pay for. - A little harsh ride despite the 100 mm air fork and 29ers. Expected a more plush ride. - The crank set is powder coated. Some of it came off when mounting the pedals. It was also difficult to screw in one pedal and I might have damaged the threading a bit despite being careful. I blame it on the cheap crank arm. - Brakes not quite as strong as I expected, but they work.
Price: €550   New/Used: New   Model Year: 2018