Vassago Bicycle Company Optimus Ti 29er Hardtail

• Frame Material: 3AI/2.5V titanium tubing
  • Headset Standard: 1 1/8"
  • Disc Brakes: Standard ISO brake tab
  • Rear Spacing: 135mm
  • Tire Clearance: Clearance for 2.35s

Mike Pellerin   All Mountain Rider [Sep 08, 2014]
Strength:

-ride quality
-weight
-geometry
-welds
-slider options
-mfr support

-cable clamp placement

This frame rides amazingly well! First ti bike and loving the comfort. I have had it on a 50 miler and in some east coast rocks and roots where I would have lost some fillings from my last hard tail. I was amazed at how this bike soaked it up and smoothed the trail. The geometry (short chain stays) improved my climbing ability and made pulling the bike up onto rock ledges easier. As long as I could loft the front wheel onto the surface the rear wheel felt like it was right there with minimal effort with no drag. With 100 mm up front it did great in the tight and twisty stuff. My only issue on the medium frame was the forward cable clamp placement as it was a little too close to the head tube. I did get it in there but not with the provided hardware. Still a great bike and it may be the last hard tail that I need in the mix.
Vassago has provided excellent support so far!

Similar Products Used: Niner SIR9
OVERALL
Click Click Boom   Cross Country Rider [Aug 10, 2011]
Strength:

-Lynskey built Ti 29er! -Comfy for a hard tail ride -Good stand over -Paragon Sliders -Stable at faster speeds

-Not good in very twisty singletrack (I dont care what the Vassago web site says) -Buying from Vassago

A great bike for long epic trails. Not for the twisty stuff.