Titus Fireline 29er 29er Hardtail

Titus Fireline 29er 29er Hardtail

• All new, hydro-formed front triangle
  • The down tube is hydro-formed, butted 3al/2.5v titanium adding stiffness and strength, without adding weight.
  • The new shaped top tube helps to increase stand over clearance
  • Available in 26" and 29" wheel options
  • Convertible dropouts allow for changes from a geared to a single-speed drivetrain
  • Made in the USA

[Apr 22, 2010]
tmm0720

Strength:

The geometry that I was looking for has been perfect for me. Weight is conservative 22.5lbs. It's TI, I plan on having this bike for a very long time. It turns heads too.

Difficult to know right now. Not really a weakness, but I didn't have the money to put the Edge composite wheeles on the new bike (Stolen)

It rides like a sharp pencil, Climbs extremely well, bombs down hills and is comfortable on longer distances. I have been very satisfied with the way I built it, although I miss the Egde composite wheeles. I did it right and built it not cutting or sacraficing anything. If you are looking for a fast race bike that will for sure break the bank, do it. I can't say enough great things about the quality product that Titus makes.

Gary Fisher Xcal. Edge Composite wheeles, X0 rear X7 front FSA Stem. Several upgrades on a stock XCal wighing in at about 25lbs.

[Jan 10, 2010]
acesEPIC

Strength:

It's a 29r. Light MED frame at 3.2# new in 2008. It is very rigid for sprints or stand up climbing. Likely infinite frame life!

HAND MADE in the the USA! Tempe, AZ

My frame is a 2008, which has a straight 1.75" OD down tube. The knobs on my Fox F29 80mm RLC hits the downtube when the bars are turned to the extreme. Titus has already remedied this issue by hydroforming the 2010 Ti frame downtubes.

This was my first bike in the 29er genre. Well don't expect the stiff HT frame to have rear end cush, but its comfortable enough for XC work. My build is an amazing climber, standing or sitting & I believe the frame will last forever. I know there are carbon framed 29ers out there which are likely just as strong, but there's the mental reassurance this Ti frame won't give out on me.

The frame has a 71 degree HT angle, which keeps it quick enough for singletrack flying. I have yet to feel instability in any conditions.

I've done many road rides on this bike, substituting only Continental Sport Contact tyres. This bike flies as a road bike too. Th 44 tooth big ring is the only thing slowing it down.

A biggie for me is this frame is MADE in the USA! I spoke with guys on the phone at Titus & they have always been great help.

Now I'm thinking about Titus' new prospect, the Rockstar Ti 29er. A Ti frame with 100mm travel & a Horst Link rear end. Very nice!

07 Specialized SWorks Epic, 90's Cannondale HT's, several recumbents

[Oct 07, 2009]
BC

Strength:

ride quality - soaks up bumps, stiff climber but not whippy or spongy

make sure you set up the bike with a fork that has the travel the frame was designed for. I originally setup w/ 80mm of travel and had all kinds of handling problems, I changed the fork to 100mm and it made a night and day difference, all handling issues went away.

I love this bike – it’s the perfect mix between a 26” hard tail and a short travel XC full suspension - with all the benefits of a 29er. I’ve raced it for one season and it’s been great in any condition. I was a little worried about the conti Race Kings in tight, loose, single track, but the 29 wheels just stick like glue. The ti frame soaks up the bumps nice but is surprisingly stiff climbing; you don’t get the whippy spongy feel like the older ti frames. The 29 wheels and ti frame have pretty much eliminated the need for my full suspension except for really bumpy, tight, courses. I road some carbon 29’s but found them too stiff on my back. I liked the Kona 29ers but decided to spend the extra $$ for long-term durability and the ride quality.

Litespeed Obed 26”, Kona King Kahona, Fisher Superfly

[Jul 27, 2009]
IronXterra12

Strength:

Light weight, awesome handling, no toe over lap on hard turns. Corners unbelieabley well. I like the disc brake mounts as it makes it very simple to set up the brakes.

No thus far, looks like there is plenty of room to mount wider tires with the S-bend stays. Only thing is you need a cane creek +5 head set so that the fox fork doesn't hit the down tube.

This bike rocks, I love the way that it handles. It took me a long time to decide what bike I wanted to purchase as my race bike. I compete in off road triathlon and I needed something that could handle any trail. This bike is it. Definately worth checking out as it's an unbelievable ride.

GF 29ers.