Siren John Henry 29er Hardtail

Siren John Henry 29er Hardtail

US-made Paragon sliding dropouts- the undisputed best in the business. You can lay tracks with derailleurs, or hammer on one gear. John Henry comes with a derailleur hanger. Disc brake torque brace enhances braking power and boosts frame integrity in a high stress area. Tucked away brake line routing protects your fancy brakes in case of a crash. Frame weights are competitive with other high end steel frames, coming in a full 1/4 lb lower than the leading steel production 29er. John Henry is true to Siren roots with a bent, premium quality top tube. Despite the added expense, we still believe in maintaining good standover clearance & enhanced ride quality.

[Oct 25, 2012]
bench

Strength:

Handles well, comfortable ride, paragon sliders, good looking

Reliability, quality & customer service

I was initially very pleased with this frame for all the reasons listed previously. Unfortunately the reliability did not proove to be very good and poor warranty service made the experience worse. Just short of the frames second birthday it cracked at the weld between the down tube and head tube. There is no explicit warranty but I had confirmed a 2 year warranty with the builder before buying which he did honor. The repair itself took 3 months and was plagued with poor communication and mistakes that delayed getting the bike back on the trails (during peak riding season at that). To top it off, the frame was returned with the wrong dropouts and was missing the dropout lock bolts. The weld and gusset that were added also look sloppy and leaves me with concerns about future reliability.

Customer service is as important as the quality of the bike and had this issue been resolved quickly and with attention paid to detail, I probably would have reviewed this bike positively even with the frame failure. Unfortunately, the service and quality of the repair were sub par.

[May 27, 2011]
cherrybomber

Strength:

Light, sturdy and smooth. great all day epic hard tail bike. I'm a clyde and light things normally scare me. this on the other hand has held up well to my clumsiness.calm and predictable handling, with lovely forgiving ride. its one of those bikes that feels like an extension of your body after a long ride.

and i forgot sliding paragon dropouts too!

takes some time to produce. then again you cant rush something this good.

if you need one hardtail to rule them and in the darkness bind them, this is the one for you. great all day every day ride.

first time on a HT 29 but i have ridden a 29 canzo previously and a

[Jan 13, 2011]
Bondseye

Strength:

Smooth riding, precise handling, beautiful.

none really

I've owned dozens of bikes made from the most exotic materials and the trickest suspension platforms, but my season on the Siren was the most fun I've had since I first discovered the sport. There's something to be said for simplicity. This bike is always ready to roll. No fidgeting with shock pumps, or checking sag. Just roll out the door and have fun. On the single track this bike really shines.

The steel really smooths things out, but keeps you connected. It really makes my riding flow better as I can feel the trail, yet not feel beat up by it. Brendan really has the geo dialed in. It's stable at speed, yet very manageable when things get tight, and twisty. You can get fully custom everything, but I went with a stock geometry Large in a sexy deep Burgundy. The thing looks as good as it rides with excellent paint, beautiful welds, and a sweet head badge.

Bottom line, it's a great bike at a great price that makes you feel like a kid again. I highly recommend the John Henry.

My second Hard Tail 29er, but I've owned the C'dale caffeine, Turners, Intense, Ellsworth, and trek oclv