Sette Razzo Frame 29er Hardtail

• Seatpost Size: 27.2mm
  • Seat Clamp Size: 31.8mm
  • Disc Mount: IS 51mm Standard Disc Mount

calboy   Cross Country Rider [Jul 22, 2012]
Strength:

Lightweight (3.2 pounds for a small) The geometry of the frame is perfect for my style of xc riding. For around $249.00 you just cant beat it! I've had frames that cost MUCH more and not have near the performance.

I bought this frame after realizing that my Salsa Dos Niner had cracks in it. I really liked my Salsa but when I built up this Razzo I was shocked by how good it rode. It just feels right for me. Honestly, I may buy another Razzo frame as a backup and never ride anything else ever! Seriously!

Similar Products Used: Salsa Dos Niner, Titus Racer X
29ernb   [Jun 05, 2012]
Strength:

light weight, great looking raw frame, great welds, front end very strong

27.2 seatpost, flex in bottom bracket

light weight and strong frame design, wish seatpost was larger, bottom bracket fits a 68 x 109 octalink crank, glad i purchased this frame

Stretch   Weekend Warrior [Oct 05, 2011]
Strength:

Price, light, cornering, Ground clearance, Looks good, 8" disk compatible, 22" frame size, and it's FUN.

27.2 seat post is flexi. They should have run larger tubing. This would have also helped with the amount of flex in the bottom bracket.

Have you ever gotten on a bike and it just made you smile? This bike did it for me. The bike is HUGE but feels like my 24"BMX with suspension fork. This has instantly become my favorite bike. I am 6'6" and 250lb and this is the first cross country bike that has fit me without requiring a long ass stem. The geometry is perfect for me I feel so stable and it is easy to petal properly. My road bike sucks and I thought it was me! I haven't had this much fun on a bike in 10 years. I love love love this bike. Who should buy this bike? anyone who feels like an XL frame is still too small, anyone who wants to try a 9er without spending 2,000, and likes a bike that fits but still handles like a small bike. Minus one Chili for the seat post.

Similar Products Used: none First 9er.
brianh0669   Weekend Warrior [Sep 14, 2010]
Strength:

This review is for the complete bike.
Light frame and nice component set for the price.

I will probably pick up a new set of tires with a little more grab. Tons of roots where I ride so I would like tires with a bit more bite.

Picked this up from PricePoint after a couple months of online surfing and trips to the LBS's. For the same price range, I just wasn't really seeing the same level of components at the LBS's and really wanted to do this right. I am an amateur but I still wanted to start off with something I had no regrets about. I'm 6'1", 185 lbs with a 33" inseam. I ordered the 20" frame and it fit me very well. PricePoint was great and had the bike shipped off that same day.
I was very impressed with the packaging and all parts documentation were included. The shocks were rated for 80mm or 100mm travel and were set to 100mm with the spacers to drop it to 80mm included in the box. It took about an hour to get setup and I was out the door for a quick ride. The chain was a bit loose from the get go and I did end up taking a couple links out to take up the slack. Other then that, it rode very nice on the road.

The second day I took it to the trail and rode around the beginner trail a couple times to get my bearings. After getting comfortable and adjusting the pressure in the forks/tires, it was off to the intermediate trail. This trail has an enormous amount of roots. On my old bike I would find myself getting tripped up on occasion and I really took a beating. On the Razzo I noticed an immediate improvement and didn't get tripped up once. I also broke my personal time record by two minutes on my first ride. The Razzo definitely gave me much more confidence on the trail.
Overall this is a great bike for the price. I couldn't be happier. As stated above, I am an amateur rider so I really can't comment on the subtle nuances of the bike. I just know it handles well, is light (for a 29er in this price range) at about 26 lbs with pedals, and, so far, is living up to my expectations.

Similar Products Used: First 29er.
For the last 11 years I've ridden the same Raleigh M60 frame making component upgrades over time. Great bike for me but I was ready for something new.
nohipsters   Weekend Warrior [Aug 21, 2010]
Strength:

This is the full build from pricepoint. Climbs much better than I thought, very nice feel. Wanted a cheap 29er as an extra bike to compliment my full sus 26er and found I really like this thing

Brakes were very noisy but turned out to be a known issue with the pads and rotors on the Avid Elixirs. Pricepoint sent organic compound pads and newer g3 rotor and issue solved.

Really a great buy. Have had nice high end 26er stuff and just wanted a fairly cheap quick in on a 29er to have an extra bike and a different experience. This thing turned out to be great!! It climbs very well, handles nice in turns and is just a great bike. Fairly light also at 26lbs XL size. Other than the noisy brakes that pricepoint warrantied, no issues. Took a few minutes to get used to the hard seat and no suspension but in no time felt great. I am 6'4" 200 lbs so maybe bigger bike works for me but if someone asked I would say BUY IT!!

Similar Products Used: First 29er
vack   Cross Country Rider [Aug 14, 2010]
Strength:

Awesome Build for the $$, Polished Aluminum is Win!!

Sizing is very different, will explain in detail later

We'll start off with the Price Point experience. Top notch people out there in Cally. I ordered a Medium, as their sizing chart suggested, also this is the size 26er I've ridden since '98. I get it in, the thing is MASSIVE. I guess since I'm a 29er n00b that I didn't take into consideration the larger wheels making the whole thing bigger. So I boxed it up returned it and bang got me a small. No questions asked. Price Point treated me right, and for that reason I'll probably buy a Road Bike from them next year.

So anyway the 29er. I was skeptical about the whole "fad" but then again I was the last of my riding friends with a FS 26er, and I loved them, from my Fuel to my Intense. However, I can say this, I'm a believer, and a convert. I don't miss the FS at all, the momentum you can carry and keep with a 29er is just second to none. And this twenty niner is a BARGAIN!! I mean 1200 bucks, Mavic wheels, Stylo cranks, X9, Ti Rail Seat, Really sharp looking frame that is solid and with very little flex, (I'm 225 lbs).

The bottom line here is, if you're on the fence to go to a 29er, do not be afraid to try this Sette. It's top notch, and then if you like the "Fad" then by all means go with a mainstream frame. But you can't beat the build package you get here. I'm looking this off season to upgrade to Carbon Seat post, and bars, and come down to a 1 x 9 set up. Then this retro rocket, will really fly.

Similar Products Used: First Two Niner
Farmer Ted   Cross Country Rider [Jun 16, 2010]
Strength:

component spec, price, quality, ride

none so far

This is a review of the full Razzo bike from Price Point and if you're curious about the 29er thing then this is the bike to buy. I looked a long time for a comparable bike and they're just not out there. The component spec for this price is unheard of...nearly everything is a decent quality that you won't want to upgrade right away or at all.

The frame seems of good quality, welds look good from what I can see. This is my first Sram drivetrain after 20 years of riding Shimano and I'm impressed with the X-7/X-9 combination.

Ride-wise, the bike is a smooth roller and reasonably light. after riding 26" MTBs my whole life, I wouldn't say it's 'snappy' the steering is noticeably slower than a 'regular' mountain bike which is just a 29er trait as I understand it. The Razzo feels rock solid, well balanced, stable when it needs to be and maneuverable when it needs to be. I don't think this will replace my full suspension XC bike, but I do see advantages to the 29er for certain types of trails.

The Razzo seems noticeably shorter from seat to stem than my other 26" bikes even though it measures close to the same and the seating position is more upright. I'm on an 18" and am 5'11". According to Sette's sizing chart I'm on the big end for this bike or the small end for a 20". I chose the 18" and put a slightly longer stem on. It's a comfortable ride in this configuration and I don't think long rides will be an issue.

I think the bike is a great deal and am very happy with it. This is where to dive in for that first 29er; it has a lot of things going for it.

Similar Products Used: My first 29er but 20+ years of 'regular' hardtail and full suspension XC bikes
jotofar   Racer [Jun 09, 2010]
Strength:

light,cheap

none yet

just got the frame yesterday,got enough parts on the bike to roll it around.I ordered the extra large. this will be the first bike I dont need to have the seat post past the min mark.I will be able to fit this bike properly with a 34 inseam 6'2" rider.frame looks really good.the welds look better then expected from other reviews.the bottom bracket actually went in smoother then other bikes I have built. felt,cannondale,jamis,and lots of cheap bikes.tire clearance was fine with a 2.0 python.I dont know why others would run anything larger on a 29er.2.0 seems even a bit large.with wide bars and a short stem and not needing to slide the seat back ordering the xl was a good way to go for us tall riders.this bike feels very flickable.very nimble.but will need to complete the build and I will come back with another review.If bike rides good will eventually put the best parts I can find on the Frame but for now it gets all the leftovers.Really wanted a full suspesion 29er but cant find one I like that dosnt weigh 30lbs or is less them 5000 dollars.oh yea forgot to mention the frame did come with 2 cage bolts but not 4.that was funny.

Similar Products Used: does a redline monocog count?
abettercycle   Weekend Warrior [Mar 25, 2010]
Strength:

Lightweight, decent geometry, nimble, cheap, polished aluminum finish

tire clearance. the rear tire clearance is awful. sette claims the frame has clearance for 2.3" tires, this is somewhat misleading. though you can fit a 2.3 (exiwolf in this case) the front derailleur cage rubs the tire in low gear when your cranking up a hill. i had to go down to a 2.2 do rectify the problem, but i really like big rubber and this frame doesn't deliver.

this frame is a good buy for the money, just don't expect to run big rubber in the rear. i had a few qualms with the geometry with a 470mm fork, went to a 490 and the bike is perfect. easy to build up as a lightweight xc bike, which is where is bike really shines. if you want to run rigid, plan on a 490 fork (which doesnt seem to exist in carbon, just steel) if you are set on big rubber though, you may want to find something else.