Scott Scale 940 29er Hardtail

Scott Scale 940 29er Hardtail

• Fork: FOX 32 Float 29 Evolution CTD Air
  • Remote System: SCOTT LRD suspension technologie
  • Headset: Ritchey Comp 1 1/8"
  • Shifters: Shimano SLX SL-M670
  • Brake Levers: Shimano BL-M596 Disc

[Jul 13, 2014]
Uncle Rob

Strength:

Fast, light, good climber, shifting, fork, AGILE!!!

High dollar tires are terrible in loose stuff!!!

I'm not one to write reviews but I'm really excited about this bike. After 15 years on 26" tires, I went 29er. Loved the speed. Did not like the handling at all. Did not like $1000 Cannondale. I rode a Jamis 27.5 in a parking lot and loved the quick handling but not the speed. I also rode several more 29ers but they all felt clumsy. I found very little info about Scott Scale 940 so I almost passed on it for some other clumsy 29er. Long story short, I took a chance and ordered this bike to an authorized dealer in Dallas area and drove 5 hours to pick it up. Glad I did! Another parking lot ride. Are we sure this is a 29er? This bike has the agility of a 27.5 and the speed of a 29er. I will tell you though, the tires need to go. They knife in sand and loam and push a little on loose stuff. Still unsure if I'm gonna try 29x2.2 tires on an 18mm rim. Some internet gurus are saying 2.1 is the widest I can go. Others are saying wider is fine. I had forgotten what a good fork feels like. And the shifting, buttery smoothe again. Seat hurts a little but its more my soft butt. Ha! Anyway, I'm feelin' decently fast again and I'm having more fun again. Love this bike and I think you will too.

[Sep 09, 2013]
biga6462

Strength:

Good components for the price. $1600 for a year end model close out was a no brainer.

Fox fork squeaks until it is compressed several times.
Crank arms appear to be low to the ground which causes the pedals to hit roots and other obstacles.

This is my first 29er and I love what this bike can do out of the box. The components are nice and the only things I might would upgrade in the future are the wheels and the bar. I switched over from a Trek Fuel full suspension bike and have already increased my riding speed several miles per hour. I had to get used to not having rear suspension, but after a few rides I do not miss it. I will especially not miss the maintenance involved with maintaining the full suspension. Overall I am completely satisfied with this bike and it has made riding fun for me again.

Trek Fuel Ex8, Trek Fuel 70, Cannondale F-400, Trek 4300

[Sep 02, 2013]
JMA23

Strength:

Light for alloy, fast, efficient and very very stable on downhills and very good component set.

Just ONE bottle cage mount due to the geometry of the frame.

This is the most efficient bike I've ridden.Climbs effortlessly,descends with confidents and surprisingly handles like my 26" XC bikes. If you’re looking for a big wheeled aluminium framed bike that doesn’t cost the earth and is easy to ride then the Scott’s Scale 940 MTB is a great choice!

[Aug 15, 2013]
Jj Bryan

Strength:

Super Awesome during Downhill time with this Awesome bike! Comfortable!

It's a bit hard to go Uphill with this bike.

This is the best bike I had ever bought!