Norco Storm 9 29er Hardtail

Designed with the recreational rider in mind, the STORM is a hardtail for the masses. It shares many of the same features that are found its more expensive counterparts such as lightweight frames, suspension forks and great components. The STORM’s feature packed frame has less aggressive geometry than its bigger brothers, making these bikes perfect for weekend excursions with family or friends.

John Meadows   Cross Country Rider [Nov 09, 2013]
Strength:

Great Ride. Good components. Disc Brakes. Awesome stock seat. Nice Grips. Everything adjusts easily. Overall a great bike at a good price.

Stock tire diameter could be 2.2 instead of 1.75. Rear wheel bent pretty easy.

I'm a newbie and purchased my Storm 9.1 as an entry level knowing it is entry level. That being said, I'm totally happy with the bike. I bent the wheel when I jabbed the pedal and came down pretty hard and sideways. As I get better and learn more I'll be upgrading some components such as tires, grips, handlebars, and pedals. The stock components are good but I'm getting better. I've put in just under 400 miles since my purchase. 25% road 75% trails. Love the bike for both. Rolls over roots as well as pot holes. Overall the bike is a great entry level buy and for the money I'd buy it again. If you are looking for an entry level 29er I would definitely recommend this bike.

max   Weekend Warrior [Jul 17, 2013]
Strength:

fast, agile, good for commuting

not enough fork travel, wheels wrap easily and break levers bend :(

decent trail bike, cant take jumps or drops well though, good for commuting, wish it had at least 100mm travel and suntours kinda suck, but best in its price range. if only it had fox floats......

trailmax13   All Mountain Rider [Jun 23, 2013]
Strength:

amazing handling, strong frame, great brakes, really fast, cool grips, shocks are amazing for city riding. havent gotten onto the trails muchyet, but so far its performed amazing

not good on jumps, 29ers arent exacly jump bikes lol, shocks could have a bit more travel for really hard riding, but for medium and beginer mountain biking their great.

love this bike, i definitely recommend it, out performs more expensive 29ers, unreal bike, worth every penny. 2013 norco storm is amazing