Norco Judan Belt 29er Hardtail

• Stem: 3D forged stem black 7degree drop
  • Cassette: Gates Carbon Drive Sprocket - 28T
  • Chain: Gates Carbon Drive Betlt - 118T

singlebutnospeeder   [Nov 29, 2012]
Strength:

Geometry, Parts spec, Looks, Weight, Low speed manouverabilty.

Some parts (seat, wheels) are not my personal preference. Overall a sexy bike though.

Having only bought privately this bike 4 days ago, I have mixed feelings (not the fault of the bike or brand) but with the previous owner. The belt snapped on the first ride, (now converted to a chain) the break in the frame had a stripped bolt, the wheel alignment made the belt come off. So after going over the bike to make sure nothing else can go wrong, I had my first ride. I have to say this bike is nimble in the twisty stuff and can climb very well, pinches were a joy to power through and getting good posture for climbing was easy and not energy sapping, just the bike for long comfortable days out (planning on an 8 hour early next year). Being a big guy (6'1" 220 pounds) I found it racey in the geometry but still with a nice wide bar, 80mm stem and wide grips for my big hands. I look forward to getting more miles into it and sort out bar height and shock pressure. I would love to see what some lighter hoops can do to this bike.

OVERALL
SS wanabe   Cross Country Rider [Mar 31, 2010]
Strength:

Price Looks and Simplicity

It's a SS... if your weak it hurts

I train for a local race using SS bikes. This bike replaces my old 26er. The belt drive is silent and strong. I have re adjusted it twice since new. The bike climbs great with the stock gearing. I won't change the gearing. I may have a custom SS rear wheel built in the future.